It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugees in Washington State

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's abundantly clear some people like to remain in the dark and are happy to let their government operate behind a veil..

Let's just remain ignorant of what they do or don't do....

A2D

edit on 17-11-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

It's abundantly clear some people like to remain in the dark and are happy to let their government operate in the dark...

Odd that, as a former member of the military, you don't understand the need for security.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
It's abundantly clear some people like to remain in the dark and are happy to let their government operate behind a veil..

Let's just remain ignorant of what they do or don't do....

A2D

So...you're not spilling any info then? Damn, my right to know has been utterly trampled here. Whatever will I do with myself?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I understand the need for security...that's why I want to know the security measures IF THERE ARE ANY. I can't just take their word for it...someone has to make sure they're doing what they say they're doing...it's called ACCOUNTABILITY...

A2D

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

So. You expect them to just tell you, over the phone, what their security measures are.

That doesn't seem very secure.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I expect them to be open with me...whether they want to mail the information to me or speak with me over the phone...Hell, I'm 2 minutes away from the capitol building in Olympia..I can drive across I-5 and meet them face to face if they want...I just don't want to be told "oh you're just a citizen, you don't have the right to know"...

A2D

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I really have to question what you understand security to be. Is telling someone on the phone how you go about investigating someone a good idea?

You don't think that telling people about your security measures is in itself a breach of security? With that kind of mentality, I really have to question if you have any military experience at all.

Yeah, I know. You listed a bunch of stuff. Do you believe everything everyone says about themselves on the internet?

How do I know you aren't an agent of ISIS looking for weaknesses in the system? Promise you aren't. Cross your heart, hope to die?

edit on 11/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

My man right here! Excellent excellent work.

It's nothing more than a state sponsered INVASION!

Well I say for warned ( Thank you A to D ) Is for armed.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Trust me. I'm pretty sure I know more about security than your average bear...yourself included.

Telling people about security measures is not a breach of security...Everyone knows what happens at the airlines right...Take your shoes off...get searched...get your luggage searched...some metal detectors...the whole nine yards...

Everyone knows there are criminal background checks etc etc involved in anything remotely secure...knowing the screening process doesn't make it any less secure.

You can question my military experience all you want...but that doesn't change the facts.

So let me get this straight...You won't take my word for it that I'm a united states veteran seeking honest answers from my government...but I'm supposed to take my governments word for it that they are capable of protecting their citizens in a decent manner....double standards much?

A2D

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You won't take my word for it that I'm a united states veteran seeking honest answers from my government
I take your word for it. But that and a nickle won't buy me much of anything.

but I'm supposed to take my governments word for it that they are capable of protecting their citizens in a decent manner
So, you would prefer that some clerk tell you "Nah, we don't do much of anything to actually check up on them." Good plan.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I guess a little honesty is too much to ask?

but about that security thing...Please tell me how knowing what security measures are present at airports is actually a security risk...

(hint: it's only a risk if the process isn't thorough enough in the first place.....)

A2D

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

but about that security thing...Please tell me how knowing what security measures are present at airports is actually a security risk...

You weren't asking DHS about airport security, were you?
edit on 11/18/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Let me rephrase...

Please explain(with examples) how knowing the refugee screening process is a security risk...

A2D

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Please explain(with examples) how knowing the refugee screening process is a security risk...

As I said, knowing details will reveal weaknesses and "backdoors." I can't give you examples because I don't know the details. I don't need to know the details and I don't think you do either. You have no need to know, as the terminology goes.

Now, don't go and start claiming that I think the system is unbreakable, because obviously that is not what I am saying.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Telling people about security measures is not a breach of security..

That's what I'm say'n Phage. I don't see how reassuring a homeland populace,
would breach security, by telling them how they will be kept safe? When all
they do is rant and rave about keeping us safe? This doesn't feel safe! I'm
surprised they didn't just tell OP, they plan on taking away more of our
liberties. That's how they plan on keeping us safe.

Why are you badgering the witness over doing something that was perfectly
american? Not to mention what's done is done. But you can still catch Seagull.
He plans on being an american in the morning also.
edit on Ram111815v13201500000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

If the system is strong...like they say it is....no weaknesses will be visible....

Besides that, everyone keeps claiming that terrorists coming in under the guise of refugees is absurd in the first place......but if it was so absurd..then there wouldn't be a "security risk" because no terrorists would ever think about hiding under the guise of a refugee...

A2D

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Calm down Randy. You are losing coherence.

That's how they plan on keeping us safe.
I don't know their plans.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

If the system is strong...like they say it is....no weaknesses will be visible.

Anyone with any sense or any understanding of security knows that is a stupid statement.

everyone keeps claiming that terrorists coming in under the guise of refugees is absurd in the first place
Who everyone? I have not heard that claim made in a single instance, much less by "everyone."

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Anyone with any sense or understanding of security knows that you put a security plan in place...and then have it "peer reviewed" because the more eyes that see it...the more weaknesses become visible...which means the better you can strengthen your security...

for the rest...read the entire thread...correction****multiple people**** keep claiming....

A2D

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Anyone with any sense or understanding of security knows that you put a security plan in place...and then have it "peer reviewed" because the more eyes that see it

No. Just no. You do not tell as many people as possible how your security systems work.

for the rest...read the entire thread...correction****multiple people**** keep claiming....

So tell me who claims that:

no terrorists would ever think about hiding under the guise of a refugee...

Show me the multitudes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join