It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Shuts Down 5.500 ISIS Twitter Accounts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Bleh

Boo hoo they will just set up more!

Come on annon if you want to hurt ISIS attack Suadi, UAE and Quatars internet infrastructure!
Turn them into internet black holes! Rip there banks apart !

It may be cliche to say, but how are you fighting ISIS's proliferation of the internet? Easy to say 'bleh', like it;s a non-event.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Why didn't Twitter shut down the Daesh accounts? Why are they allowing these people to use their platform to spread their propaganda and plan their violence?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I wonder if it's actually shutting them down or just merely reporting them en mass to twitter for twitter to suspend the accounts ?

What stops the terrorists from just making new free accounts ?

Whilst I commend their efforts in purging ISIS from twitter, this is Anon they're supposed to be sophisticated hackers, I would have thought they'd be blocking ISIS from even accessing the internet because if they truly hacked twitter they would have these accounts IP's

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well anonymous just did more to affect Isis than anyone in this thread ever has or likely ever will.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
I wonder if it's actually shutting them down or just merely reporting them en mass to twitter for twitter to suspend the accounts ?

Whilst I commend their efforts in purging ISIS from twitter, this is Anon they're supposed to be sophisticated hackers, I would have thought they'd be blocking ISIS from even accessing the internet because if they truly hacked twitter they would have these accounts IP's

Hacking them and deleting them.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Well anonymous just did more to affect Isis than anyone in this thread ever has or likely ever will.

That is not true. Again, their base of recruitment is social media. It has been attacked and dealt a blow. How many people here have done that?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
BFD. These clowns have lost all credibility they claim there doing this and that but what have they really done other then make empty threats?

Maybe a catchy hash tag will stop these terrorists.

I agree, but ..do not underestimate the power of the hashtag!

ISIl has been very successful in using social media platforms to their advantage, there is no denying that, so if you can take that advantage away from them, well by all means, lets do so!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I am too cautious to use any social media sites. I read the MSM sites with a very critical eye as you may see from my posts.

I trust no one. I do not trust you and your subjectivity. I know the limits of my own and that is all I will be accountable for...me.

I think you are allowing yourself to be captured by the present media hype. Talking MSM, it is them who are hyping Anon. They are the most read news article on the BBC web site as I type. That is how much they are being "promoted" by MSM.

A magician uses illusion to make us believe a reality that is in fact a deception. They do it by making the illusion appear as reality. We are fooled and thus manipulated.

Appearance and reality; one poses as the other to deceive. It is no more grand than a magic trick of illusion. Do you see what I am saying, Houdini Reldra?

"Appearance and Reality is an 1893 book by the English philosopher Francis Herbert Bradley, the main statement of his metaphysics."

Scholars have been thinking about these issues a very long time. I am very well read. I know all the tricks because I read the same books and learn the same schemes as those who are masterminding this grand charade. You can, too.

I sometimes comment at the Guardian, but there is not enough dynamism there. ATS is my bag because it is fairly safe and reasonably anonymous. I use it because I am isolated in a rural area, surrounded by people I have nothing in common with, just for a little sanity and a pressure valve to stop me exploding at times, lol. I have no interest in being an activist of any kind. I watch and I wait. I don't believe in human beings. They are fallible. They can not be trusted. I don't even trust myself 100% and have often sabotaged myself in the past quite deliberately and self destructively.

You asked so I told you. Anonymous are just what their original founding slogan suggests;

"We are legion for we are many!". That is how the head demon answered Christ when questioned and reproached. How can I trust something that states its nature as blatantly as that and hides behind a mask? I think all it is fit for is exorcising into a herd of swine. Metaphorically that is happening when the MSM are doing such a promotion of them. They are getting "One Direction" media VIP treatment today (for some suspicious reason and motive). Watch out for the future!

Good ol' patriotic Anonymous. Now they are friends with the authorities, doing stuff that the authorities don't have the knowhow to do, with more finances than #ing Rothschild. Are you really buying this nonsense Dear Reldra? I ain't.

edit on 17-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Discotech

Hacking them and deleting them.

Your source ?

Neither links you provided give any evidence or quotes from Anon they are actively hacking and deleting the accounts (unless I missed it) but are only having them shutdown which can easily be done by writing a script that reports keywords to twitter, where twitter block the account.

As I said if they had hacked, they'd have IP's if they have IP's then they'd be doing a lot more than just shutting down the accounts

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You'll find this interesting. ISIL has a 24 hour tech help desk. Like damn, really? Terrorism has most definitely stepped into the 21st century as they continue to recruit millennials.

ISIS Has Help Desk for Terrorists Staffed Around the Clock

"They've developed a series of different platforms in which they can train one another on digital security to avoid intelligence and law enforcement agencies for the explicit purpose of recruitment, propaganda and operational planning," said Aaron F. Brantly, a counterterrorism analyst at the Combating Terrorism Center, an independent research organization at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. Brantly was the lead author of a CTC report on the Islamic State's use of secure communications, based on hundreds of hours of observation of how the Jihadi Help Desk operates.

It'd be really sad if gov't agencies around the world can't deter these bastards from using the interent but if ANON can do it, I support them!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The security services monitor those accounts and accounts like them for information and intelligence so I don't see how this helps.
Anonymous has a place but fighting terrorism isn't it.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The problem is ISIL seems to be free to have these accounts and spread their message along with recruitment. There will always be channels to monitor because we all know new accounts can and will be made; plus it's not like ANON can take down all things ISIL on the net. I just hope these same agencies are also subscribing to ISIL's magazine where the planner for the Paris attacks had a three page interview last February talking about how he finally got into Europe after months of trying, set up a safe house and weapons, and planned attacks against Europe for the war in Syria against ISIL. He didn't even bother hiding his identity. The arrogance is astounding and he's still free to this day.

Paris ‘Mastermind’ Told ISIS Magazine that Bungling Police Officers Let Him Escape

edit on 17-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That's more like it ,hackers against terrorism. They now should concentrate on hacking there bank accounts and give it to amnesty international helping people who are traumatized by these idiots. .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

If people took a self appointed time off of those social media platforms utilized by Isis, maybe it would reduce the recruitment of new members.

I myself have no Twitter or Facebook. I barely have email.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Anon really missed an opportunity here.

Anon is well known for their one trick pony ddos attacks. Hence they would have been more effective doing a ddos attack on all social media and claiming isis did it.

Billion dollar corporations are known to get upset when you interfere with their $$$$ and they are known to have the strings on our politicians to get things done.

These corporations would have gotten the US govt to stop isis overnight once they touched their profit margin.

Heck they should have started a torrent tracker server as isis to see how fast they get stopped.

/halfjokingly

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Interesting. I am not sure it is all good. Shutting down the account makes it impossible to track the account holder in real time or to send undercover agents in that would use such accounts to gain intel. However it would slow down recruitment.

Yeah cus the U.S government has been doing a lot of that over the last few years...no...wait..

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Why hasn't twitter shut them down? What I have seen on TV MSM today might answer that question very well, as far as those monkeys dancing to whatever music the Feds play, because I have seen first hand today, the lies and manipulation.

The government has probably told them not to. Or demanded or commanded them such.

(Maybe they believe they can keep better track of them through twitter or whatever, or maybe they want them to keep on keeping on.)

Your guess is as good as mine.
edit on 11/17/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I believe Anonymous is real. I had my doubts for awhile, until I actually met a representative/member of that bunch. I've also been reading a lot of news sites and people are begging Anonymous to step up and help out where they can. If they can even slow them down, every bit helps, in my view.

Take care of each other folks!!
SK

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Why shut them down; listen in and give the gained intelligence (traffic) to the appropriate agencies; and how accomplished this (means methods).

edit on 17-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Why shut them down, join them and try to connect to one or more of there sleepers.

tell them you need weapons or explosives. when they get the weapons and want to meet you call the ATF and let there agents meet them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join