It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution of Man's Face over 6 Million Years (Time Lapse Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: WeRpeons

But who believes we were descended from apes? It's not what Anthropologists believe, it's not what the data says and it's not what the DNA says. We share common ancestry with the other apes but we did not descend from them.

We are classified as apes in taxonomy charts... we share the same common ancestor(s), and have evolved as apes since we 'broke free' from that common ancestor, which was most likely some sort of sloth thing or tailed creature.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I just assumed a video called "The Evolution of Man's Face" showing mans face evolving from an apes face was a video saying we evolved or descended from apes. I definitely believe we evolved from the same species but I will never believe we evolved from apes.

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Thats good because we didn't evolve from Apes....we are apes.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Are we??

Am I an ape??

a reply to: boymonkey74

edit on 12-11-2015 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Is that not what I said though?That we share a common ancestor but are not descended from the other great apes? Sharing common ancestry with the other great apes however is not synonymous with descended FROM the other great apes. Very different things.

Out of curiosity, what is the basis for your hypothetical sloth like LCA? All paleontogical evidence supports something much closer to a creature resembling a modern day Gibbon that lived 11-13MA.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
I just assumed a video called "The Evolution of Man's Face" showing mans face evolving from an apes face was a video saying we evolved or descended from apes.

Because we share a common ancestor with the other great apes(gorillas, chimps, bonobos and orangutan), the farther back in time you go, the more apelike our ancestry appears. The video begins prior to the emergence of our Genys, Homo, at least as far back as Ardipithecus Ramidus(and possibly beginning with Ororin Tugenesis) before morphing through several Australopithecines and settling into our own genus.

I definitely believe we evolved from the same species but I will never believe we evolved from apes.

The evolution of humanity isn't a terribly linear progression. Our family "tree" looks a lot more like an unkempt shrub than an orderly family tree. Let's look at the most recent versions of humanity as an example. Homo Sapiens Sapiens, Neanderthal and H. Altaiensis all emerged from H. Heidelbergensis which itself is an extension of Homo Erectus. There were a multitude of other archaic humans around Africa, Asia and Europe coexisting simultaneously. Hell, nearly 800,000 years before Homo Sapiens emerged in East Africa, Europe was already populated by people like H. Antecessor who is famous for leaving their footprints near the sea in Norfolk England 800,000 BP with stone tools dated to nearly 1MA. There were multiple branches all across the eastern Hemisphere. Many died out, some evolved into who we are today. All of them were apes. What sets apes apart from other primates? The lack of a tail, the placement of our shoulder blades, the need to be able to learn, adapt and alter their ecological niche to ensure survival. These are all things that are common to the great apes but lacking commonality with other mammals or primates.

(post by Lipton removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Yes a great Ape with a family including Chimps, Gorillas, Orangutans and Bonobos.
Makes me feel nice and warm that does.

Just a question how do you not know this already?.
edit on 13-11-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes a great Ape with a family including Chimps, Gorillas, Orangutans and Bonobos.
Makes me feel nice and warm that does.

Just a question how do you not know this already?.

That's science for you LC14.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't know. I've never been into science or paid any attention to it. For some reason I feel like you're being sarcastic about all of this though.

a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

No I'm not.
It's all fact...a wonderful fact

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Steller Photo Shop Skills in The Video but we did not evolve from Apes much less originate on this planet. According The Thiaoouba Prophecy there was already an Apelike race living here before the black and the yellow races from the constellation centaur emigrated here 1.3 million years ago after resurrecting their race after their nuclear holocaust.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

I see you got your education from the School of Made Up Bullsh#t.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thiaoouba Prophecy
a reply to: peter vlar

Steller Photo Shop Skills in The Video but we did not evolve from Apes much less originate on this planet.

Let's try this again for the phonicaly impaired... No biologist, Anthropoloist, Earth Scientist or any other accredited professional working in related fields claims, states or even thinks that we evolved from apes. Seriously, Google common ancestry.

As far as the interstellar bent of your story, please feel free to cite any sort of actual data that exists in the real world and supports the conclusion of your story book because none of the genetic data or any of the fossil record supports that level of meandering supposition.

According The Thiaoouba Prophecy there was already an Apelike race living here before the black and the yellow races from the constellation centaur emigrated here 1.3 million years ago after resurrecting their race after their nuclear holocaust.

Was it a nuclear war it was their planet cooling like Mars did? Have you read the book or are you just screwing up the quote mining process? The book is a fantastical tale without an sort of science to support it. Evolution... Tons of evidence supporting it. I'm not even going to bother addressing the B S of yellow and black races. It's vulgar and borderline racist so I'm not going to dignify your ignorance with an actual response.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
So we're primates? Ok...that's believable I suppose.

Sorry. I'm still learning. Takes awhile for me because I'm lazy. But I will get it eventually

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join