It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple argument against abortion

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

we're talking about preteen rape victims, usually raped by close family members in central and south america. the catholic church has a great deal of influence within gov't as well as with the people. because of this, they are very similar to ireland and poland in that they have very restrictive abortion laws, so much so, that those laws occassionally causes a great amount of harm to women. and well the catholic church will excommicate any doctor or nurse, or mother that helps these preteen girls obtain an abortion as well as get very vocal if the gov't does decide that a girl should be exempted from these laws.

Oh my bad we are talking about South America. Not our problem really though. Would you like me to list the 100s of other wrongs with much of the world populations? All this is much more about their crappy society than anything else including religion. Dumping a kid into their world is not near the main issue sure as the girl was rapid by a family member in the first place.

so I don't know where you are getting that these girls aren't being forced to have the babies...they most certainly are!

Want to talk Africa or India or China too? In the end I really do not care anymore because there is nothing we can do as I said it primary a society issue where religion is really is a small part to it all that is also corrupted by really screwed up society norms.

We can not control what 90% of what the world does. It is an evil world out there.... Plain it all on religion if that makes you feel better, I don't care because with or without religion it would be the same and is the same in these places.

edit on 11-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
yes, well if you were following this part of the thread from the start, I was just commenting that if you want to know what life would be like with strict abortion laws, you just have to look at the countries that have them.....
where they let women die miscarrying their babies while the doctors wait around for the heartbeat to stop (ireland), where they expect women to sacrifice their sight (poland), and where they expect ten year old or younger even children to give birth to babies (many places in the world).
and regardless of weather you see this as connected to religion or not, there is one thing you can't deny and that it the catholic church will find helping those young girls abort their babies (in some cases--saving their lives) as unforgivable in the eyes of god, while seeing the rapist redeemable.
I stand by my statement, if you want to know what it would be like in the US with overly restrictive abortion laws, look at those places around the world and see.... it's not really that great of a picture!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

and regardless of weather you see this as connected to religion or not, there is one thing you can't deny and that it the catholic church will find helping those young girls abort their babies (in some cases--saving their lives) as unforgivable in the eyes of god, while seeing the rapist redeemable.
I stand by my statement, if you want to know what it would be like in the US with overly restrictive abortion laws, look at those places around the world and see.... it's not really that great of a picture!

I have said many time the laws in America are not changing so that point is moot. I have seen you argument many times and I'm really tired of it. The world sucks, just look at what most of the world do to women, children, old people and I find the Catholic Church the least of it all though the Church is used as some tool too in some places, but I'll bet you the worst of the earth has no Catholic influence. I'm not religious, but the world is an eval place so all I can do is take care of my own.

edit on 11-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

the laws in american aren't changing? really?? I tend to disagree with this even....

but well, here's a nice humorous video of one of these not changing laws..

www.cc.com...

edit on 12-11-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

the laws in american aren't changing? really?? I tend to disagree with this even....

but well, here's a nice humorous video of one of these not changing laws..

www.cc.com...

Several states in the last few years have made it increasingly difficult to get an abortion. I think one state now has only one doctor/clinic, in the entire state, that will perform an abortion. (Can't remember which state).

Mostly the religious south.

The fact that reason is primarily morality based in religious belief should make it illegal to enact these laws.

The Vanishing US Abortion Clinic: www.bloombergview.com...

edit on 12-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
what happens when clinics no longer provide abortions????

HOUSTON (CBS Houston) — A new study reveals that at least 100,000 women in Texas have tried to perform an abortion on themselves.

The Texas Policy Evaluation Project report is pointing the finger at strict laws as to why these women tried self-induced abortions.

“This is the latest body of evidence demonstrating the negative implications of laws like HB2 that pretend to protect women but in reality place them, and particularly women of color and economically disadvantaged women, at significant risk,” Dr. Daniel Grossman, a project co-investigator and professor in the Department of Obstetrics,Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of California, San Francisco, said in a statement. “As clinic-based care becomes harder to access in Texas, we can expect more women to feel that they have no other option and take matters into their own hands.”

The state had 41 abortion clinics before the clinic law went into effect in 2013. More than half of those closed when the admitting privileges requirement was allowed to take effect. Nineteen clinics remain.

houston.cbslocal.com...

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join