It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Officers Arrested In Fatal Shooting Of 6-Year-Old Boy In Marksville, LA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I take it the body cams or dash cams told a different story. Had to be bad if they actually arrested the "officers" already and charged them with 2nd degree murder in just a couple of days!

www.kctv5.com...

Louisiana State Police have arrested two police officers who are accused of shooting and killing a 6-year-old boy and wounding his father in Marksville, Louisiana, WAFB's Kiran Chawla reports.

Norris Greenhouse Jr. and Derrick Stafford were arrested by the Louisiana State Police. Both were charged with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder.

State Police are expected to hold a news conference at 10 p.m. to announce details. Watch the news conference live on WAFB 9News at 10 or live streaming on WAFB.com and our mobile app.

Investigators say four city marshals were pursuing a vehicle driven by Chris Few in Marksville Tuesday night. It is still not clear what led to the pursuit.

The Avoyelles Parish coroner said Wednesday that he was told Few went down a dead-end road and then put his vehicle in reverse when some of the pursuing officers opened fire, shooting him and his young son who was a passenger in the vehicle.

Few, who was not armed, was wounded but survived. His son, Jeremy Mardis, was killed after being hit by five bullets in the head and chest.

The marshals were working part-time as marshals. All four also work as Marksville city police officers.

Louisiana State Police were called in to handle the investigation. Troopers said Friday that 18 rounds had been fired by two different guns.

At least one of the officers had a working body camera. Video from that camera was also reviewed by LSP Friday.

theadvocate.com...

www.buzzfeed.com...

Police have arrested two Louisiana officers on murder charges after they were involved in a shooting that left a 6-year-old boy dead and his father critically wounded.

Derrick Stafford and Norris Greenhouse were arrested Friday, Louisiana State Police Col. Micheal Edmonson said during a news conference. Edmonson added that he had reviewed body camera footage from the shooting and said “it was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.”

Stafford, 32, is a member of the Marksville Police Department and Greenhouse, 23, is employed by the Alexandria City Marshal, though both were working part-time for another agency when they were involved in a shooting in Marksville, Louisiana, Tuesday that killed Jeremy Mardis and wounded his father, Chris Few.

Edmonson said both men were booked into jail Friday evening.

The child suffered fatal shots to the head and chest and died on the scene, Dr. L.J. Mayeux, coroner of Avoyelles Parish, told Fox 10. Few is in critical condition, officials said.

Two other officers — Lt. Jason Brouillette and Sgt. Kenneth Parnell — were involved in the shooting as well. When asked if the they could also ultimately face charges, Edmonson reiterated that the investigation was ongoing, adding “we’ll see where it takes us.”

Edmonson provided few details about the shooting itself, and it remains unclear exactly what led to the incident. In the aftermath, the officers said they were trying to serve a warrant, The Advocate reported. The officers ended up in a chase with Few, who became cornered at a dead end.

The incident is being investigated by Louisiana State Police, which said that city marshals from Ward 2 fired at the vehicle at “the conclusion of a pursuit.”

edit on 6-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I followed this a day ago!

They were supposed to be serving a warrant/or not
the boy was allegedly at a bar with his dad/or not

Dad tried to ram them with a truck or not...

Poor baby!

No weapon found in the truck if I am right!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't know why they try to hide these things because with all the cameras around the truth comes out (maybe poetic justice for their spying)...

The initial story was that there was a warrant out for the dad, which is why he was pulled over, then he sped away and pulled a gun - since determined completely untrue, but I can't find the story although I read it earlier. Will post when found.

Now a six year old is dead. Could there be a reasonable explanation....ever?????

ETA: Initial Story -

The autistic first-grader was sitting in the front passenger seat of a car being driven by his father, Chris Few, in Marksville, La., when city marshals attempted to serve the man a warrant about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday night.

Few fled, eventually turning down a dead-end street. Police say Few then attempted to back his vehicle out, striking officers’ cruisers, prompting a hail of gunfire that left him hospitalized.

An official briefed on the shooting said that Few was unarmed when two officers opened fire, shooting between 13 and 18 bullets combined.

edit on 6-11-2015 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yes to bodycams.... for both the safety of the officer and Public Safety.

I can only assume that these arrests were made because the "State Police" are doing the investigation instead of the locals investigating themselves.
edit on 6-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The dictionary definition of a terrorist is indistinguishable from a US law enforcement officer.

They have become the enemy of freedom and I implore everyone to record them whenever you are in their presence - which I highly recommend you stay as far away from them as possible lest you are killed or permanently maimed. Certainly keep your children and pets away them them.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've only crossed paths with Louisiana cops once. They were a couple of full retard belligerent sub-monkeys. I was grateful to be left to my way without a beating, or worse, for doing nothing but having Texas plates.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

So this man and his son went down a one way road . I guess blocking it off would have been to hard . You know , wait it out . I am usually a bit sceptical about how police actions are portrayed on ATS , but why chase the man down a one way road .

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Poor kid... stupid dad... waiting for more details before I say stupid cops.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

We have had several murders caught on body cam but with no arrests. I wonder what's so different about this one?

There is one difference I have already seen but I don't think I should even mention it. I would hate to think it would be the factor that led to holding them accountable for once.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Go ahead and play your race card.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Yep goes to show you. It would be better to kill a minority for a police officer because the majority of the time, there are no repercussions.

Kill a white person, again a majority of the time you will be indicted plus never be a visible minority police officer when killing a white person, guaranteed jail time.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Go ahead and play your race card.

Nope. There very well could be some sort of evidence even more damning than what we've seen in countless other police shootings. Even more damning than several caught on film in cold blood. Some shooting kids. Mostly unarmed people. Some in the back while they are lying prone with hands displayed. I'm sure there is something in the footage that damns them in a way that the others inexplicably didn't.

I'm not going down that road.

Mostly, I'm just glad to see some arrests over this.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Few, who was not armed, was wounded but survived. His son, Jeremy Mardis, was killed after being hit by five bullets in the head and chest.

Take a second and reflect on how this man must feel.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've only crossed paths with Louisiana cops once. They were a couple of full retard belligerent sub-monkeys. I was grateful to be left to my way without a beating, or worse, for doing nothing but having Texas plates.

So... you drove through Louisiana with Texas plates, got pulled over, and were let go on your way? What does that have to do with any of this?

On topic, the fact that these officers were arrested and will (hopefully) be held accountable for their actions, for once, makes me cautiously optimistic that justice may be served, if only in this instance.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

six or sixteen, Don't run from the pigs. You are a corporate commodity and not a living human sovereign being. If you dare challenge the law, you are obviously a malcontent, and not going to abide by your set regulations.

Death is the penalty.

When will we have a law enforcement agency that actually caters to law, and not mass murder?

you know, when they wanted to help people, rather than just friggen well kill them?

Any LEOs here want to cry? Guess what, your tears are fake. Fight your corrupt brethren, don't come here to complain.

assholes.
edit on 7-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Poor kid... stupid dad... waiting for more details before I say stupid cops.

Uhhmm....did you read the snippets in the OP? How about the below detail:

Louisiana State Police Col. Micheal Edmonson said during a news conference. Edmonson added that he had reviewed body camera footage from the shooting and said “it was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.”

You don't hear details like that from other LEO's doing investigations on other LEO's very often. Sounds like a cold blooded killing to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Uhhmm....did you read the snippets in the OP? How about the below detail:

"Louisiana State Police Col. Micheal Edmonson said during a news conference. Edmonson added that he had reviewed body camera footage from the shooting and said “it was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.”

You don't hear details like that from other LEO's doing investigations on other LEO's very often. Sounds like a cold blooded killing to me.

Couldn't agree more. The fact that this statement explaining how disturbing it was came from other LEOs really says something.

I am glad that they are being held accountable (for once) and I hope justice is served (although I have my doubts...).

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Sounds like a cold blooded killing to me.

Starting to seem that way. Chilling.

....but the boot lickers only want to talk about "see, this wouldn't happen if he didn't run".
Instantly siding with the police.

...perhaps the guy knew what was up and feared for his life (and even for the life of his son). In that case, he has every right to flee. (well, unless he lives in police state America, where running is a crime punishable by death, justified or not)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

said “it was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.”

Ok - 18 shots, fired from 2 guns and that^ comment from another officer. Notice they didn't say how close they were when they opened fire? Maybe close enough to realize there was a small child in the car? 5 rounds in the head and chest and the man was only wounded. Someone was aiming for that kid.

This is really starting to sound like it was personal. Coroner says warrant, but the head officer says no warrant, so no reason to chase him. Girlfriend/Wife involved somehow? Lovers Triangle?

It's still unclear what led police to pursue Few and what triggered the shooting. The parish coroner said earlier this week that the officers were serving a warrant on Few when he fled, but Edmonson later said he had no information about a warrant.

ETA The Father has bullet fragments in his brain and lung, so he was severely wounded, not the slight wound suggested by the story.
edit on 7-11-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Someone was aiming for that kid.

You make a good point.
A horrifying thought, but it sure seems that way.

I don't want to know what I know any longer...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join