It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever thought the Government isn't against you...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sure they keep secrets...Sure there onto you if you are doing something illegal but have you ever thought that secret societies and the government are (mostly) NOT evil but serve the people?

Your thoughts on this please...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
They serve the people alright. Dirty, filthy, stinkin' rich people. And that's about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

They serve themselves and expext us to serve them too.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
Sure they keep secrets...Sure there onto you if you are doing something illegal but have you ever thought that secret societies and the government are (mostly) NOT evil but serve the people?

Forcing BS wars on the populace so the corporate machine can profit isn't evil?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

ever thought that secret societies and the government are (mostly) NOT evil but serve the people?
Maybe the Scandinavian countries do that, but not there in the U.S. They lie, cheat, steal, and usurp our rights - the moment our so called "representatives" get in office. Here the special interests get their way for the rich, and the people that pay the rich, well, we just suck eggs in the meantime. Other than that, yeah, we're treated like gold.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Tell that to the innocent people in Guantanamo, or the other secret "detention centers" police have held people without charging them with any sort of crime. Innocents who are tortured (sometimes killed), in the name of "Security" or "Freedom". Pshh

edit on 5-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Are you speaking about any government in particular? I'm pretty sure you mustn't be referring to the US Government aka World Bully Spreading Freedom With Bombs.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nope they are evil, of course they could always become good, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

edit on 5-11-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Tell that to the innocent people in Guantanamo

Sure, they were all innocent.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Tell that to the innocent people in Guantanamo

Sure, they were all innocent.

Nobody said they were "ALL" innocent.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I never said they were ALL innocent. Re-read my post and next time maybe you won't jump the gun. I actually brought this up because of the recent stories on Shaker Aamer, I heard them talking about this man on NPR last week www.theguardian.com...

…held at the prison in Cuba since 2002, despite not being charged for any crime or standing trial.

He was CLEARED FOR RELEASE in 2007, U.S. refused because he was a British resident, not a citizen. No legitimate evidence of him having done anything wrong, yet he has suffered torture and multiple human rights violations.

Chew on that for a minute..

Imagine if you or someone you knew were held in captivity under awful conditions, subjected to violence and you never even did anything wrong.
edit on 5-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Have you ever thought the Government isn't against you...

Every day of my life. You'd be surprised how stress free life is when you aren't so overly paranoid.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

…have you ever thought that secret societies and the government are (mostly) NOT evil but serve the people?

How do you know what they are up to, if its secret?

If you knew, really knew their activities right now all over the world, you'd freak.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Former Shadow Home Secretary Davis said Aamer should not receive a payout because he “freely chose” to live under Taliban rule in Afghanistan at the time of his capture by US forces in November 2001.

The Tory backbencher added that Britain has been “generous in housing and paying benefits” to Aamer’s family.

Davis asked the Justice Minister: “Do you agree that any successor to the Human Rights Act should ensure that no compensation is paid in future to foreign nationals who move into foreign war zones and are then imprisoned by foreign countries?

“The British taxpayer should not be responsible" end quote

this man was not innocent he choose to leave the uk and fight with the taliban.
what is your agenda here???????????????????????????????????
edit on 5-11-2015 by stuthealien because: agenda

edit on 5-11-2015 by stuthealien because: end quote

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234

Absolutely, however its hard to ignore the conflict of interest between gov't and the massive global Corporate Oligopolies in place.

Its not that the gov't officials and corporations are evil its that its in their best interest as the system is currently setup to serve themselves and the few over the masses.

Corporations have an impossible and unrealistic task to always beat last years profit margin and to infinitely grow in order to make money for the stock holders and survive as a business.

Eventually they are forced to cheat and move the grey area to survive and that is what they are doing with the lobbying influence they have. The politicians on the other hand are consumed with getting money and positive MSM PR to survive election cycles. Its a recipe for disaster.

Lots of little small steps over the grey line eventually becomes a huge leap and I think we have gotten close to that huge leap .

Hence they are both motivated by things that is not typically for the betterment of consumers but rather the few.

Its also the individual republicans and individual democrat that allow for this system to continue to exist by ignoring the facts that conflicts of interest between gov't and lobbying should be the only issue we shoud be focused on. Everything else (healtcare,jobs,medicaid,medicare,immigration) are just symptoms used to misdirect focus from the real problem: conflict of interest.

War,terrorism, and global conflict is also beneficial with the current system as their is more money to be made by those things than by peace. The Millatary industrial complex is a very large and powerful lobybing industry what is its counter part that benefits by peace?

So to answer your question: yes I sometimes wonder IF there is more to the story, but its hard to overlook how the system of reward is setup within our political spectrum to not think money often wins over doing the right thing.

So its not that the gov't is bad , its that the system is setup to encourage immoral and questionable decisions over doing the right thing.

Good thread nonetheless

edit on 351130America/ChicagoThu, 05 Nov 2015 10:35:44 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

End of the day it seems to me our governments are there to subvert our freedoms and only serve the interests of the minority as apposed to the majority. So my answer would have to be a resounding no im afraid.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You can blame the government for mistreating the people but its no different than a woman that keeps going back to a man that beats her.

Stop giving the same people the ability to hurt you.
Start electing better people at your local level and move them up the ladder one election at a time.

Kick the abusers out on their butts.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

"You can blame the government for mistreating the people but its no different than a woman that keeps going back to a man that beats her."

To be fair through there are groups that carter to those poor woman's needs like Women's Aid and other domestic abuse helplines and associations. Where are the helplines pertaining to maltreatment of our poor and hungry buy our respective government agency's? The dont exist or if they do contacting or being associated with such is enough to get you on a list regarding one of our respective alphabet agency's.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They serve us crap sammiches- hold the bread.

The thing that I notice that they do for me has to do with my paycheck. They make it lighter for me.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
You can blame the government for mistreating the people but its no different than a woman that keeps going back to a man that beats her.

Stop giving the same people the ability to hurt you.
Start electing better people at your local level and move them up the ladder one election at a time.

Kick the abusers out on their butts.

It must be nice living in Mayberry with Andy and Aunt Bea!

Local politics is as institutionally corrupt as it is nationally.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join