It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man stabbed to death by friend after taking last piece of chicken

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

A man in Houston, Texas, has been arrested and charged for allegedly stabbing a friend to death for taking the last piece of chicken at dinner, according to a report. Reinaldo Cardoso Rivera, 38, has been charged with murder after police say he killed 34-year-old Darwin Perez Gonzalez on Oct. 30.

According to police, five men were eating and drinking in an apartment when Perez Gonzalez took the last piece of chicken. Cardoso Rivera then became angry, started an argument, and eventually both men went outside to have a fist fight.

During the fight, police say Cardoso Rivera pulled out a knife and fatally stabbed Perez Gonzalez. He then fled the scene, but later returned and admitted to police what he had allegedly done.

L INK

WOW....kill a friend for a piece of chicken?

Damn that must have been one good piece of chicken? / end of sarcasm.......

One more SIGN..... showing us how times are changing.... During "my time" (50 plus years)......... Never heard of anyone getting killed for a piece of chicken....... OK maybe getting killed for a WHOLE chicken....... but not for a piece.....

Haven't some of us at one time in our life had a single thought of killing someone? Over thirty years ago I did..... I became so obsessed that I had a couple of lucid dreams about murder and I have been shown the grave mistake it is too murder someone.

NOTE: Close relative was raped and murdered. I was not one of those "unforgiving" Christian's back then. Back then I was thinking "eye for an eye" mentality.....revengeful thoughts.

It goes all the way back to "Cain and Able" story....."am I not my brother's keeper?"

There is a specific place for murderers in hell and everyone you meet in hell will be one.

We have fallen way off the path....

The Narrow Gate - Matthew 7:13, 14 - "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Did he eat the chicken though? If not then he killed for no reason at all. I would say crack addict is the most likely reason.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

This is why good reliable trustworthy friends are hard to find. Far too many people fight over petty things.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Did he eat the chicken though? If not then he killed for no reason at all. I would say crack addict is the most likely reason.

Maybe if he took the last piece of crack but not chicken. Crackheads don't want food that badly.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
A man is dead and that is no joke. However.....

Was said chicken fried and prepared in a home made secret recipe fashion? If so, manslaughter charges.

Was said chicken baked or grilled? 1st degree murder and seek the death penalty. This man is a psychopath and needs to be removed from society indefinitely.
edit on 5-11-2015 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Texas man stabbed to death by friend after taking last piece of chicken

Yeah, yeah... I think it's hilarious!
A lesson in the evolution of manners!
Hahahahhaa!
"Y'all ain't takin' that last piece of chicken, y'all!"
Stab!
Hahahahaha!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Stabbing someone over a piece of chicken is unfathomable, especially a friend. so I'm thinking there might be some historical hostilities between the two.

Otherwise i just can't imagine a person doing this for such a trivial reason.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
People are getting beheaded nowadays for less.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I doubt this was about the chicken.

Things are usually a little more complex.

We get crappy headlines, dumb people are incapable of reading further into the story (and not just because it's minuscule blurb), and someone was killed because they took the last slice of pizza. A cop arrested someone for dancing. A man was assaulted for walking down the street.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Should I not be laughing at this thread, sorry I am.

Like something out of a gritty wild west movie. "Dead Man" had some great humour along these lines.

I'd say that the piece of chicken was a catalyst and the bad blood was already boiling.

It would make an absolutely divine advertisement for KFC.

Finger lickin' good thread!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Must have been really really good chicken !

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Stabbing someone over a piece of chicken is unfathomable

There is an overwhelming consensus among certain wings of the scientific community that extremist chicken consumption (ECC) is an inevitable threat to humanity. Ergo, the only reasonable course of action is too ban all chicken products and there established institutions.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Was it a man of colour by any chance?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

Latinos.
I would say they are REALLY poor or nuts.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
Was it a man of colour by any chance?
Ok. I'll bite. Yes, they were both Hispanic. Read the article.

Funny that a strictly American racial stereotype has been brought up by a Brit.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

Why is it a strictly American stereotype?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Why has a thread about a man getting killed over chicken gotten 6 flags .

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I ran across this article yesterday. People are losing their minds today!!!! Killing anyone should be the furthest thing from anyone's mind. Yet people are killing people for the most mundane things. This idiot has the rest of his life to sit in jail and think about what a stupid @ss he is. I can see it now, his cell mate asking him "what are you in jail for?" "I killed a guy over a piece of chicken." That will probably be enough for the cell mate to ask the guards to move him to another cell.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In the South, it's considered incredibly gauche to take the last serving of *anything* for some reason. There are, in fact, jokes about this sort of thing that, if you are Suthron, you will grin at because you understand them at a deep level.

(looking...)

Ah, found it. I give you..."the last piece of chicken".

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
That's a setup for a stereotype! Here's another. In this article there's a bit of extra detail the other article left out:

Rivera later returned to the scene and admitted to police that he had stabbed Gonzalez. Rivera, whose case file says he is not a U.S. citizen, was arrested, charged and is being held in Harris County jail on $200,000 bond.

Not saying non-citizens are more likely to kill over the last piece of chicken but just pointing out it's not a southern thing

top topics

<<   2 >>

join