It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According To A New Study, Cats Are Probably Trying To Kill Us All

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

If they were bigger, your cats would probably consider killing you.

That's a big "if."
If my aunt had a unit she'd be my uncle.

The thing that amazes me most is when, about a million years ago, I realized that a my cats' meowing is essentially the exact same as a lion's roar. The only difference is the reduced scale.

Final thought (sorry if everyone has heard this)....

A dog says, "You give me food and shelter.... you must be a God."
A cat says, "You give me food and shelter..... I must be a God."

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks. You must have posted this while I was figuring out what I did wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

So, what's new? I've been on this planet for some time, and for most of that time some dick or other has said Cats would eat you had they been big enough...that's as in eat. As I see it, pussys have been calculated in the same demographical way as humans....end of.

When I was a kid there was a guy who was like the neighborhood grandpa. He was a really nice guy and did everything he could for the kids. Anywho, he had a heart attack or something and died. Nobody knew for a while. Long story short (and to bypass the more gruesome parts of what happens to a body in the middle of a heatwave) his cat ate him. I remember a cop coming out of the house and telling another one: "Call animal control. We have a well fed kitty here." Yeah. Nice. Anywho, I don't blame the cat. It had to eat something.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
When you least expect it...

link   
That is because an adult cat can already bring a man to his knees if it chooses to do so. And a cat making a raking scratch is warning or just playing too rough. When they want to hurt you with their claws they move that paw up and down like a sewing machine. That way you get multiple 1/4 inch deep punctures that bleed heavily.

youtu.be...
edit on 4-11-2015 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

link   
OMG, this thread cracked me up! Thanks, I needed this!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I thank my cat each night before sleep for letting me live another day.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Actually, they really are trying to communicate with us...note the translation programme in use:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
Or they can just hide on the stairs and dart under your feet, tripping you. My brother's car did that to me, the little psycho. I went down the steps headfirst like Superman.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Nah, not buying it* as a whole of their full intent even though they are a smaller version of a wild animal, and that sure other animals would feel the same. Besides we didn't domesticate them, they domesticated us for our food, mouse infested areas, cold night comfort, play time, etc.

*Only for the comedy not the BS reporting that people might buy as a fact and are scared, sending more off to the shelter when there's already problems finding companion animals homes.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

My cat took a look, and says that is ridiculous. Who would feel him cooked food if there were no people? You don't expect him to cook his own, do you??? He then rolled his eyes, and went back to sleep.

But, sure, this guy looks sooooo dangerous, right?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I love cats but I agree that they will probably kill us all.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Ahabstar
Or they can just hide on the stairs and dart under your feet, tripping you. My brother's car did that to me, the little psycho. I went down the steps headfirst like Superman.

My kitty does this to me every morning. He strolls into the kitchen just after I pour my first cup of coffee, and proceeds to act all loving and innocent nuzzling at my ankles. One step away from the counter and he's darting back and forth in front of, and under my feet. Not just trying to trip me, but with a hot beverage no less, thereby doubling the damage. He's such a cute little bugger though...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Due to the fact that every day, when walking into the kitchen, the little witch attaches herself to my calf, via her fangs, I have no doubt this is true.
And If she actually weighed more than 6 pounds, she would probably do some damage.

Little demon!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Have you heard of Black Jaguar White Tiger Foundation?

They rescue big cats, and one of the primary figures there is constantly posting videos of him feeding, playing with, cuddling with lions, tigers, jaguars, fully grown many times. www.blackjaguarwhitetiger.org...

They're beautiful animals. Some domestic cats are psychotic and claw the **** out of you for no reason at all, but in general they are like other animals, just want love and connection and safety

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well as many of you know I was part of a radio show on survival. So it is not a bad suggestion to keep a short length of paracord in your pocket for distraction purposes if you get cornered by one of those beasts. Not all cats fall for a laser pointer or catnip. But string is just about irresistible. Just be sure you know how to properly play with the string. Because a cat will go for a "live" target over a "dead" one.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

My cat took a look, and says that is ridiculous. Who would feel him cooked food if there were no people? You don't expect him to cook his own, do you??? He then rolled his eyes, and went back to sleep.

Gorgeous kitty and he matches the rug! LOL Awesome pic!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Have you heard of Black Jaguar White Tiger Foundation?

They rescue big cats, and one of the primary figures there is constantly posting videos of him feeding, playing with, cuddling with lions, tigers, jaguars, fully grown many times. www.blackjaguarwhitetiger.org...

They're beautiful animals. Some domestic cats are psychotic and claw the **** out of you for no reason at all, but in general they are like other animals, just want love and connection and safety

That reminds me of this guy. Kevin Richardson.

I get mesmerized watching him play with these wild Lions.

So beautiful.
Kevin Richardson videos with wild lions

edit on 11 5 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Nope. I'll never believe it lol. The cats in my neighborhood would rather keep me as a source of free food than kill me. They've already trained me to bring them food when they purr at me.

And one of my neighbors has a cat that's trained me to be its "guard human". If I hear a neighbor's dog or one of the foxes out here giving the cat a hard time, I go out & stop it.

So I'll readily accept that cats see us as family, independent allies, or subordinates. Especially once they've marked us enough times, since that (and the smell of their urine) lets other cats know we're "safe". Supposedly, their waste also contains a parasite that may alter our brains & make us like them even more. Hence, there's no need to kill us when they can simply manipulate us.

Oh & lions are actually really complex. So even if small cats are just like them, that doesn't mean they are trying to kill us.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Gorgeous kitty and he matches the rug! LOL Awesome pic!!!!

Thanks! He's a beautiful cat, alright, and he knows it. Pretty sure he knows he matched, too! He's a very smart cat. Utterly spoiled, of course!

<< 1    3 >>

join