It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion editor of a left-wing news site = Sweden should be “filled” with Islamist terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

...i am of the opinion his sentiments are genuine and guaranteed to appeal to the vain snobbery of his intended audience, despite the absurdist approach or perhaps the more so because....

You and Breitbart - apparently

If only Breitbart was satire

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Well, hopefully.

Yes. Hopefully the fascists will come to their senses and realize - with the proper amount of time - that they can resume treating immigrants fairly and humanely
edit on 11/4/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Hopefully you are right, but as previously stated I am reluctant to call them fascists as the threats they are experiencing are not imagined.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hopefully you are right, but as previously stated I am reluctant to call them fascists as the threats they are experiencing are not imagined.

Is fascism conditional?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Do you have a comment, or do you simply ask snarky questions? Because I don't dance on demand.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It wasn't snark - it's a question

If you don't want to answer the question - or if you can't - that's up to you

Is fascism conditional?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Snarky and baiting. Got it.

If you understood what I was saying, which apparently you didn't bother to try, I'm not taking about conditions. I'm talking about perception, definition, and reality.

Because snarky one, sometimes a snake is just a snake. And in this case, it's something we will have to wait and see. I'm hoping for the best outcome, but there are certainly reasons suggesting that it might not be. We don't know at this time what the end result will be. I don't know. You don't know.

I would ask you to respond to your own question, but I won't, because nobody is talking about "conditional" but you. But, if you want to answer it, go for it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The only one being snarky here - is you. I was interested in several things you've said in this thread, including:

I am failing to see fascism in this scenario. I simple see groups of people afraid they will lose their standard of living and life as they know it. If time proves them wrong, they will back off.

They're burning shelters now. When do we recognize that the tide has turned?

There is a refugee crisis - and, yes - the countries in Europe that are involved are up against it. But this is happening - and how people choose to respond to it is up to them

Those shelters were going to be used by real people - now. The potential harm caused by the immigrants is not something that can be determined - now.

Are people only fascists in the future after they've committed their crimes? Here in the present, are they just real people with real concerns - and somehow that gives them some kind of legitimate excuse to deny people their human rights?

Behind Sweden’s warm welcome for refugees, a backlash is brewing

But now the Sweden Democrats have shattered that consensus — and are reaping the political gains.

“We need to send the signal that people wanting to come here are not welcome,” said Markus Wiechel, the party’s 27-year-old point person in parliament on migration.

Saying that, Wiechel acknowledged, would have made him a social outcast only a few years ago. Today, he said, the Sweden Democrats are treated “as saviors” for their dire warnings that refugees will destroy the country’s finances and poison Swedish culture with poverty, crime and an alien religion.

“Everything has changed,” said Wiechel, his blond hair slicked back and his eyes burning with intensity. “We’re more acceptable than ever.”

Emphasis mine

edit on 11/4/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I was interested in several things you've said in this thread, including:

Oh nice. What else did you find interesting?

Are you are trying to convince me that everyone in Sweden is a fascist?

edit on 11/4/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Woodwardjnr made some excellent points. I thought it was interesting that you don't see the rise of the extreme right in Sweden as a concern - not to mention arson and other acts of violence. I wondered - do some people think fascism is conditional?

Like I said - if you don't have an answer then there's really not really not much point to any of this - is there?

:-)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Are you are trying to convince me that everyone in Sweden is a fascist?

At least the edit helps your post make sense

No - I was wondering what it would take for you to recognize it when it actually happens

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I was wondering what it would take for you to recognize it when it actually happens

If you don't think it's "actually happened" then why are you so insistent in discussing it?

It will be a matter of - if they are fighting in self-defense, or if they are fighting because they are bigots - if they fight at all. I don't know yet. Neither do you. If they begin to attack the innocent, then we'll know. I'm sure there are indeed a few bigoted Swedes in the mix, such as the ones who burned the shelter. I'm sure there are some intolerant bigoted Muslims. But to call the Swedes Fascists is just drama. Same as calling all Muslims terrorists.

I think I'll keep my further thoughts on this subject private.
You have a peaceful night.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

btw -- I was wondering if you have seen this video? Do you think this young man is a fascist?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The point is this, there is nothing more likely to give rise to Fascism than the attitude highlighted in the OP, the bypassing of the Middle class due to their own conceits and the mobilization of the protective instincts of the working class by those that have ulterior motives, if they would rather insult people and scheme their demise rather than address their valid concerns they'll eventually find themselves hanging from lamp posts.

It is clearly the case that those running or more properly ruining Sweden have lost touch with reality entirely, and they're only a step or two ahead of other Western Nations, their greatest exploited weakness in my opinion lies in the fact that they are actually the nicest of peoples, which is no character flaw of itself but fatal in conjunction with naivete, as long as their is evil in the world.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

The point is this, there is nothing more likely to give rise to Fascism than the attitude highlighted in the OP, the bypassing of the Middle class due to their own conceits and the mobilization of the protective instincts of the working class by those that have ulterior motives, if they would rather insult people and scheme their demise rather than address their valid concerns they'll eventually find themselves hanging from lamp posts.

It is clearly the case that those running or more properly ruining Sweden have lost touch with reality entirely, and they're only a step or two ahead of other Western Nations, their greatest exploited weakness in my opinion lies in the fact that they are actually the nicest of peoples, which is no character flaw of itself but fatal in conjunction with naivete, as long as their is evil in the world.

Sweden will adapt and bounce back. We all will. This was inevitable, and it is happening, therefore we will deal with it. You, and the EDL, and other such scaremongers, are unlikely to be leading any lynch mobs I am afraid. The standing militaries will be dealing with that kind of thing, rather than joining in, as they have in the past because the leaders are becoming less naive by the minute, and that what we do now, how we react and cope with this very dramatic change will dictate the future, and that is ticking away from us. Carry on as we are and there will be no future for any of us.

It seems it is you that is naive, stuck in a rut and unwilling to face change and the future. What is naive is to think that there isn't work to be done, that we can just stop this tide. What is practical is rolling up our sleeves, throwing in our lots and getting stuck into the work that needs to be done.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm not surprised in the least. It's the same in the UK.
The Labour Party (traditionally the party of the working classes) is populated by middle and upper class intellectuals who purport to love the working classes (just so long as they know their place and don't rock the boat). Yet every time ordinary working people disagree with some policy or other they are belittled as idiots, racists or bigots.

Thing is, immigration is great for the rich, all their services remain cheap due to an over supply of labour. Their kids are educated privately so they don't have to worry about the effects of large class sizes, they live in exclusive parts of the town or country so don't have to see their area changing for the worse and if they get ill, they pay for better care than the suddenly overstretched public healthcare system can now provide.

It's bubbly all round for those at the top, and if the peasants are suffering, well, they are horrible people anyway...aren't they?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

So you are a fortune teller now or perhaps simply a blind optimist, nothing was inevitable, nothing happened without orchestration, who is this 'we' that you refer to...?

There is no me and the EDL, a farcial Zionist front, there is no me and any political affiliation, and of course the state can deal with that sort of thing or they wouldn't be stage managing it in the first place, the change isn't dramatic, it's been slow and insiduous, you haven't seen dramatic.

I can not only face change, there is nothing i would like more, but not in the form of subversive foreign ideologies that serve the interest of others at the expense of sections of the native populace, i'm also unlikely to contribute to my own oppression and marginalization, we have very different ideas on what needs to be done and also how it can be realized.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
It's bubbly all round for those at the top, and if the peasants are suffering, well, they are horrible people anyway...aren't they?

Speaking as a peasant, I'm all up for it, it won't impinge on me at all other than making things a little more crowded. We peasants have been making do and mending for centuries, and we know how to make the best out of a bad lot. We don't get our knickers in a twist 'cos there's a few more at the table needing dinner, we make it go round. We'll be fine, but thanks for caring but no suffering here, and besides, that builds character, it does.

Incidently though, our guys are being very shrewd, plumping to take the women and children while Germany et al take the fellas. The men'll get settled, and the families will go out to join them. Who'd, after all, choose to live in Britain over Germany, if you weren't born here that is an suited to the damp, cold, grey climate. They have a much better standard of living on the mainland. We're just helping out, taking the most vulnerable, until everyone is back on their feet. Plus, we get funding, which will be invested in infrastructure that in the long term will benefit everyone. So a little give and some take. It's nothing really.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

I was reminded of you earlier when I was reading what that naughty Lefty Frankie Boyle had to say about the US election race...not his best work, but this...

Creationists have often made me doubt evolution, but probably not in the way they think.

www.theguardian.com...

Pure class, and the kind you can't buy.

Good day to you.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I was just getting ready to reply - but your reply is better than mine would have been. Glad I read it first

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join