It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I think Obama hates Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Donald Trump: I think Obama hates Israel

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Thursday he thinks President Obama hates Israel. “I heard the beautiful name of Israel — Israel is safe with this one,” Mr. Trump told supporters in Nevada. “Safe. Safe. So many friends in Israel. They don’t know what happened.” “They have a president who — they actually think Obama hates Israel,” he said. “I think he does.”

Oh yeah Obama hates Israel that's why he is going to increase aid by at least a billion and let them rearm their Iron dome with missiles free of charge after they bombed the hell out of Gaza. Hey Donnie is the Iran deal is so bad for Israel then why do the experts in Israel say it was a good thing?
Memo to U.S. Jews: Defend Israel, Support the Iran Deal

There’s former Military Intelligence chief Amos Yadlin, who heads a leading Israeli defense think tank — and who was one of the pilots who destroyed Iraq’s Osirak reactor in 1981. There’s Isaac Ben-Israel, a former weapons developments chief and current chairman of Israel’s space program. And there’s Ami Ayalon, a former head of Israel’s naval commandos and the Shin Bet security service, and Efraim Halevy, a former Mossad chief. These men have spent most of their lives defending Israel; they are more competent than any politician to assess the security implications not only of the Iran deal but of the dire consequences of reneging on it. Furthermore, as esteemed military analyst Amir Oren has reported in Haaretz, the majority of Israel’s serving military leaders disagree with Netanyahu’s position on the Iran deal. But as befits a democracy, officers in active service don’t take public positions. Senior security officials have expressed the same position to me on condition of anonymity.

The only people in Israel are Benny and the rest of his ilk that want war and by the sound of it Trump would have no problems with getting Americans killed protecting Israel.
edit on 6620000003131America/ChicagoFri, 30 Oct 2015 09:53:31 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Well, as President Obama has said:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Obama may or may not hate Israel, but from your endless string off bigoted posts about Israel and Jews we can safely say that you do.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

With this, I really wish Donald's insane rhetoric was true for once.
edit on 30-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm not a big fan of political memes. IMO, they're for stupid people to share with other stupid people on Facebook. The kind of people who will never have more than the most shallow of opinions because they can't be bothered with new information that requires more than a handful of words to convey.

As for the meme you posted, it's a misquote and completely out of context.

Whitehouse.gov - Remarks by the President to the UN General Assembly, September 25, 2012

It is time to leave the call of violence and the politics of division behind. On so many issues, we face a choice between the promise of the future, or the prisons of the past. And we cannot afford to get it wrong. We must seize this moment. And America stands ready to work with all who are willing to embrace a better future.

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt — it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted, "Muslims, Christians, we are one." The future must not belong to those who bully women — it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons.

The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country's resources — it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs, the workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the women and men that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. But to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated, or churches that are destroyed, or the Holocaust that is denied.

Shame on you. I wonder if you're going to share a meme with the text "The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt" to demonstrate Obama's disproportionate concern for Coptic Christians? How about this gem?

"Condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated, or churches that are destroyed, or the Holocaust that is denied."

Doesn't really have the same usefulness as wanton propaganda does it?
edit on 2015-10-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ummm... you are kind of getting it.

The future cannot belong to people who do bad crap, deny bad crap happened, deny women rights, murder people, etc.. One of those "bad" things and #1 in the speech is Slandering the Prophet of Islam.

Get it....

Now, If you believe that "insulting the prophet" is something that should be illegal and bad (research the punishments) then we disagree.

If you believe in Freedom of Speech and the US Constitution, you would never say such a thing.

www.muslimconverts.com...

So, if you are one of "those people" that don't believe that Mohammed is a sacred prophet, and was in fact a rather unpleasant person, the future must not belong to them / you?

I hate to be the one to broach such a delicate topic with a man so clearly confused by the American concepts of free speech, dissent, and religious tolerance, but Obama needs to understand that Islamic law does not merely frown upon particularly loud and insulting criticisms of Mohammed, and it doesn’t recommend believers refute “insults” through the vigorous exercise of their own free speech. No one is burning down U.S. embassies to protest unflattering depictions of Jesus Christ or Holocaust denial. - John Hayward.

I don't know about you, I am quite content with the future belonging to those who don't believe in the "Prophet" (oh no! I am insulting the prophet)

So to summarize: The statements on "insulting" religion does not belong with the "wrongs" of the others.
edit on 30-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Obama may or may not hate Israel, but from your endless string off bigoted posts about Israel and Jews we can safely say that you do.

Yes pointing out the laws they break is bigoted. Also point out where I said anything thing about Jews. Unless you are one of those clueless people who think all Jews are Zionist.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Now, If you believe that "insulting the prophet" is something that should be illegal and bad (research the punishments) then we disagree.

So you are fine with antisemitism when it towards something you don't like.

If you believe in Freedom of Speech and the US Constitution, you would never say such a thing.

Freedom of Speech doesn't allow for hate speech.

I don't know about you, I am quite content with the future belonging to those who don't believe in the "Prophet" (oh no! I am insulting the prophet)

You already support the racist bigots that run Israel so why wouldn't you support the future belonging to other racist bigots.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well Buster, if you believe that HATE Speech is insulting the Prophet Mohammad by simply saying Islam is false, drawing a cartoon, Islam is a made up religion, or Sharia is bull crap then you need to re-evaluate what the hell freedom is.

Disagreement is not hate. Speaking facts is not hate.

Being a person that would pass "hate crime" legislation to ban arguments and views they disagree with or don't want to debate, now that is hate.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
So shining a light on Americas uneven relationship with Israel is hatred of Israel now? Great way for you to close debate on theseissues

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The context:

During President Obama's address to the UN General Assembly in September 2012, he listed groups, ideas, and people whom "the future does not belong to." Among those listed were people who bully women, those who target coptic Christians in Egypt, dictators who massacre their country's citizens, and those who turn their backs on peace. The President's full speech can be read at WhiteHouse.gov (inluded in the list was what is in your meme)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Cut him some slack.

He just wants to MAKE HALLOWEEN GREAT AGAIN!

edit on 30-10-2015 by Lysergic because: IT WAS TOO GREAT!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Its good to see that people love donalds new reality tv show, obama is not a muslim and no he dosent hate israel.

If he did he wouldent be sending more money.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Ive never seen buster post anything your implying, but hey why waste lies when they help your agenda, am i right.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

What lies?

Direct Question:

Is "insulting" the Prophet Mohamed Hate Speech?

Is a cartoon illustrating the Koran stories of of the Prophet Hate Speech?

Is saying Islam is false or Islam is a made up religion Hate Speech?

Is saying Sharia is wrong Hate Speech?

If your answer to these is no, then I am right.

If you answer is yes, we disagree. And you can call me anything you want.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Can you find anywhere that obama or any members off ats have said aything your asking, cause obama raised the money sent to israel, must be cause he hates them right?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Nothing you've just said even relates to the context in which you used the meme — support for (moronic birther) Donald Trump's nonsensical statements about Obama hating Israel. You're digging yourself a deeper hole trying to invent an after-the-fact justification for posting baseless, deliberately misleading propaganda. Do yourself a favor and read the speech in its entirety because clearly you're not "getting it."

The future cannot belong to people who do bad crap, deny bad crap happened, deny women rights, murder people, etc.. One of those "bad" things and #1 in the speech is Slandering the Prophet of Islam.

Actually the statement was neither first in occurrence nor in the amount of verbiage dedicated to expressing the idea.

Nowhere did Obama say or even so much as infer that blasphemy or religiously intolerant speech should be made illegal — in the US or anywhere else in the world — let alone suggest punishments prescribed under Sharia law. In fact he said quite the opposite at length:

Americans have fought and died around the globe to protect the right of all people to express their views, even views that we profoundly disagree with. We do not do so because we support hateful speech, but because our founders understood that without such protections, the capacity of each individual to express their own views and practice their own faith may be threatened. We do so because in a diverse society, efforts to restrict speech can quickly become a tool to silence critics and oppress minorities.

We do so because given the power of faith in our lives, and the passion that religious differences can inflame, the strongest weapon against hateful speech is not repression; it is more speech -- the voices of tolerance that rally against bigotry and blasphemy, and lift up the values of understanding and mutual respect.

Now, I know that not all countries in this body share this particular understanding of the protection of free speech. We recognize that. But in 2012, at a time when anyone with a cell phone can spread offensive views around the world with the click of a button, the notion that we can control the flow of information is obsolete. The question, then, is how do we respond?

And on this we must agree: There is no speech that justifies mindless violence. (Applause.) There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents. There's no video that justifies an attack on an embassy. There's no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan.

It's very clear throughout that his prescription against hateful speech isn't to make it illegal but to speak out against it. That's how free speech works. Freedom of speech isn't a guarantee against popular condemnation of one's speech.

I'm an atheist and I don't know about you but I'm a passionate supporter of another First Amendment protection, that of freedom of religion. I have opinions just like anyone else but I wholly support the right of people to worship whatever they want in any way they want as long as they're not harming anyone else — or to not worship anything at all.
edit on 2015-10-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Oh yeah Obama hates Israel that's why he is going to increase aid by at least a billion and let them rearm their Iron dome with missiles free of charge after they bombed the hell out of Gaza. Hey Donnie is the Iran deal is so bad for Israel then why do the experts in Israel say it was a good thing?

The only people in Israel are Benny and the rest of his ilk that want war and by the sound of it Trump would have no problems with getting Americans killed protecting Israel.

You are right in a sense as Netanyahoo (deliberate misspelling) has been playing the 'woe is me' card since I was a kid, The way I see it there is a cold war level of shared paranoia and I would not trust trump to break the bread.

edit on 30-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The future should not belong to those, who think serfdom (religion) is more important than life.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Well Buster, if you believe that HATE Speech is insulting the Prophet Mohammad by simply saying Islam is false, drawing a cartoon, Islam is a made up religion, or Sharia is bull crap then you need to re-evaluate what the hell freedom is.

Disagreement is not hate. Speaking facts is not hate.

Being a person that would pass "hate crime" legislation to ban arguments and views they disagree with or don't want to debate, now that is hate.

Since when is an insult an argument?
insult
speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.
argument
an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
They are two totally different words.
What you are spouting except for religion being made up is not facts but rather your opinion. Also Freedom of Speech only protects you when speaking out against the government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join