It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Republicans forced to raise taxes after Tax Cut Failure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Big Republican tax cuts have failed to cause growth and raise revenues in Kansas to the tune of an almost half a billion dollars budget shortfall. The promises of economic boom from cutting taxes which would raise tax revenues has completely failed, which doesn't surprise all of us who knew that trickle-down economics was a gimic and smokescreen to cover up the rich getting richer. Now the Republican lawmakers were force to pass the biggest tax increase in state history.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Big Republican tax cuts have failed to cause growth and raise revenues in Kansas to the tune of an almost half a billion dollars budget shortfall. The promises of economic boom from cutting taxes which would raise tax revenues has completely failed, which doesn't surprise all of us who knew that trickle-down economics was a gimic and smokescreen to cover up the rich getting richer. Now the Republican lawmakers were force to pass the biggest tax increase in state history.

www.bloomberg.com...

So how many jobs and paychecks have you received from people more poor than you? I'm just curious how you will explain the fact you never have.

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
After 30+ years the middle class and poor are still waiting for that wealth to trickle down.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

How many jobs where sent over seas by big corporations in america.

But yea its the poor peoples fault.

edit on 29-10-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Income tax cuts without cutting government waste or slashing the business taxes was dumb.

Any idea how much of the budget is being eaten up by healthcare? I am sure that has increased dramatically the last couple of years

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The problem isn't taxes. It's government spending.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Don't those two things pretty much go hand in hand??? The more they spend the more they must tax. It's not like they are spending their own money.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Don't those two things pretty much go hand in hand??? The more they spend the more they must tax. It's not like they are spending their own money.

True. But all we hear is he need to raise taxes. There is never any real talk, from either side, to curbing spending.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
A sure sign that R's don't know what the f# they're doing.

Brownback is a decorated scumbag though.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'd like to hear one Republican, just once, admit that they were wrong, how about that??

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Kinda hard for it to trickle down when the money is being held in a water tight container somewhere in Switzerland.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'd like to hear one Republican, just once, admit that they were wrong, how about that??

& I'd like to see an Elephant fly.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

www.bloomberg.com...

How do people still think this works?!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
They cut them pretty far, then raised them a bit. It's still a net cut.

Another problem is that Kansas Congressmen are acting like the GOP majority from 2000 - 2006 after the Bush Tax cuts. They can't control their spending.

Another interesting wrinkle I didn't think about before I found this article - Obama's termination of some Bush tax cuts. The economy got changed in mid-stream.

www.usnews.com...

In a very real sense, President Barack Obama’s insistence that many of the Bush tax cuts be allowed to expire (including the lower rate on some capital gains) is more responsible for the current Kansas deficit than anything Brownback did – but it requires a greater familiarity with economics than most political reporters have to understand, let alone explain that.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
A sure sign that R's don't know what the f# they're doing.

Brownback is a decorated scumbag though.

They know what they are doing they just haven't figured out how to blame Obama and the Democrats yet.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Surely you would like for a Republican in office to admit they were wrong, or possibly a state full. Republican registered voters are not wrong for hoping their elect fix the issues at hand. They may be wrong for voting in incompetent economists, budget balancing buffoons, and straight party voting, but no more wrong than the Democratic
Lifers doing the same.

I don't have a party, cannot afford the either party, any party. I will vote for who I hope will follow through on promises, and who I gather has the best mind to do so. I know success for any politician is more complicated than that, especially with cross party blockades.

I will say it for them, as they like to say it for us. Most Republicans are wrong about a great many things. Does that work for you? The elect will not say it, so my representative voice is as good as you'll get. Still solves nada. So let us imagine both Rs & Ds admit they're wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right, they make it worse. We need to take back our governments, start small, dream big.

As for taxes, pay them. As for where the monies go, earn your fellow staters trust to allocate it. If you don't work, you don't get to complain about the # of hours in the work week! Seriously, I've heard unemployed complain that if the Government and Fat Cats would cut their profits by paying more per hour, yet requiring less hours per week, they'd be willingly employed! More for less! Problem is, we mock the unemployed who speak such idiocracy, yet we want more from our politicians, and we ourselves are choosing to do less, and expect less of us to be asked! I know some good people who see the hypocricies. It really does start with you, and me, on a small scale, not dreaming, but working BIG.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thank god that Republicans are champions of taking Personal Responsibility for their actions, eh?

"To everything Turn, Turn, Turn" ... or is that "Spin Spin Spin?"

LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So these dummies take the gamble of cutting taxes in the hopes that it would bring in more business investment, without fully understanding that there also needs to be cuts to expenditures as a countermeasure to compensate during the interim until said 'hopeful' business investments actually start coming in (IF those business ventures come in at all) ?

They're not the sharpest knives in the drawer, are they...

And now, as per usual, the taxpayers are the ones that will have to pay the piper (with drastic tax increases to play catch-up) because of their representatives' incompetency on the subject of Basic Economics 101.

Pfft.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

True. But all we hear is he need to raise taxes. There is never any real talk, from either side, to curbing spending.

Well, in a way it's not the spending so much as the over spending which hurts us. Over spending creates debt and requires money to be borrowed with interest. Just spending isn't a problem. In fact that actually helps as it distributes money all over the place from a few hands into many hands. That money is then used to purchase stuff which is then used to pay salaries etc. etc. This is what keeps the economy alive and functioning.

I realize that is not the spending you're probably talking about though. You're probably talking about the spending which doesn't go back into our economy but get's sent somewhere else to help people in some other country. Or in to the pockets of some already wealthy person or business which has more than it can spend already. In that case, spending is very much a problem.

However, I think the worst problem, even beyond spending in bad ways is to spend more than you take in. Because that requires borrowing from the Fed which creates debt at interest. That is what causes massive debt reaching 18 trillion I believe we're at now that must be paid back even though that is impossible to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join