It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WZ-10 attack helicopter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The primary mission for the the treetop hugging WZ-10 is battlefield interdiction, eliminating the enemy's ground fixed and mobile forces, and concurrently certain air combat ability. The helicopter can carry up to 8 ATGM's, or IR guided short-range AAM's. Future upgrades of the helicopter include sensor package carried on the Z-11 light helicopter that will improve target acquisition The WZ-10 is equipped with FLIR thus allowing operations in all wealther.

The WZ-10
attack helicopter
is china's new attack helicopter I think China is definately catching up with the US in terms of attack helicopter development. The helicopter is equiped with a helmet system that directs where the machine gun is going to fire.
I think China is definately starting to become more of a world super power, and it definately has one of or has the most powerful armed forces in the region of asia.

What do you guy's think?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wish they had some really pics of this thing all they got there is "possible" photos and some fakes. The helmet system for the Machine gun is nothing new Apaches have had that for awhile.

There is not really alot of concrete specs on this thing so theres not really much to say about it yet. So I dont know how you can say "China is definately catching up with the US in terms of attack helicopter development " I dont think this thing is close to the Comanche prototype so they might have some more catching up in helicopter development.

They should just buy KA-50s from Russia that thing looks like a great helicopter and you got to love those Russian prices.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The tech for allowing such:

The helmet system for the Machine gun is nothing new Apaches have had that for awhile.

Has been around for really quite some time. U.S. 'Cobra' helicopters were using this tech in the late 60's, early 70's....

seekerof

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Seekerof didnt know they were using this type of system for that long before there even was a Apache. Im sure Russia has been making use of something like this for quite awhile too.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Possible images of the WZ-10

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Looks alot like an Apache. I don't think china is that close to the US. Anyway America has an advantage over most nations by the fact that they can always test there weapons in real combat. What conflict could China have been able to test this in?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Die Trying
What conflict could China have been able to test this in?

I can think of one very obvious reply to that...

I would assume China would want to test the copter completely before fielding it in any major conflict though

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It looks more like the commanche to me

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
They looks like Tigres, Rooivalks and A-129s...

Has been around for really quite some time. U.S. 'Cobra' helicopters were using this tech in the late 60's, early 70's....

Sorry, but this is wrong, the Cobra didn't use a movable turret, it had a fixed gatling type gun...

But you gotta love the Cobra's M197 20mm gun...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I would say its tail is more american style and its nose is more russian style.
The comanche looks only slightly like it IMO because of the general shape and the whole tail bit.

Comanche was nice , but I'd take a lynx anyday over it.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The Huey cobras do and have used a helmet based movement system for their mini gun. I've seen one track, not fire just track though it would have been cool to see it fire

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If it looks anything, the tail looks French not American, with it having the French fenestron arrangement.

Overall it looks like an A129 more than an Apache to me. Or even a Rooivak (sp)

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The helmet system for the Machine gun is nothing new Apaches have had that for awhile.

I dont know how you can say "China is definately catching up with the US in terms of attack helicopter development "I dont think this thing is close to the Comanche prototype so they might have some more catching up in helicopter development.

They should just buy KA-50s from Russia that thing looks like a great helicopter and you got to love those Russian prices.

Thanks for the head's up I knew it wasn't brand knew but I didn't think it was as old as the cobra. And I meant that China actualy developing it's own helicopter, most or all of their attack helicopter's they bought from the soviets. So to come out with a helicopter with some of the latest equipments, is pretty good for China. And I agree the KA-50 helicopter is definately a better choice in least in that you get more bang for the buck, updated with the latest avonics, and weapons the KA-50 Black Shark would be even more of a formidable opponent.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The SuperCobra carries a three-barrel 20mm Gatling gun for close-range (up to 2km) engagement, and 750 rounds of ammunition. With the gun in a fixed-forward position, the pilot can aim by manoeuvring the helicopter. Either crew member can slave the turret to the helmet-mounted sight, and aim the gun by looking at the target.

Does this mean they can only aim the gun up and down? or can it traverse the horizontal axis as well?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Oh dear... Go them?!

Anyhow one would be foolish to not admit that there is some Rah-66-Ah-64 influence going on here...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It looks good, it's specifications, if reliable, seem to put it in the same class as Russians and Americas best attack helicopters, but then again it is Chinese; And most likely it will going crashing to the ground in flames.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slashpepper
It looks more like the commanche to me

It does kinda look like the comanche, but at the same time it looks a lot more like and advanced apache to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
They looks like Tigres, Rooivalks and A-129s...

Sorry, but this is wrong, the Cobra didn't use a movable turret, it had a fixed gatling type gun...

But you gotta love the Cobra's M197 20mm gun...

The cobra Helicopters didn't, but the Apache did, since the 1970's.

This tech is not new. But the tech is coming out for aircraft this year.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I know that Scattered, I wasn't claiming that the tech didn't exist back then...

Gotta love the Cobra though.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
If it looks anything, the tail looks French not American, with it having the French fenestron arrangement.

Overall it looks like an A129 more than an Apache to me. Or even a Rooivak (sp)

Yeah in least two of the pictures were doctored from the Rooivak and the KA-50 Erdogan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join