It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short introduction about occupied Palestine in a 5 min. video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There's a story that must be told, for enlightment and discussion of all. It's very important that people know and understand (by themselves) the roots of injustice that burns in the fundamental core of International Law, Peace and Security of the world.

Somehow, I believe, Occupied Palestine, has it is, needs to be solved fast and with justice. There's no other way to end this violence unless actions (on the ground), instead of words, are taken to return the stolen lands to rightfull owners.

I present, to You, a short introduction to the occupied Palestine Territory, with hope that it will help explain, in simple terms, what is going on overthere:

Now, let me present some transcripts from a Palestinian novelist Susan Abulhawa, who wrote the following analysis:Occupied words: On Israel's colonial narrative

«The creation of Israel by recent foreign immigrants in Palestine gained an exceptionally sentimental dimension in the West, given that it was born on the heels (and as a result) of Europe's genocide of its own Jewish citizenry.

The story of "a land without a people for a people without a land" was the perfect outcome of a terrible chapter in Europe's history. It was their happy ending - one that helped assuage their guilt.

The only way an exclusive and exclusionist Jewish state could be created was by the forced physical removal of this society, which began in earnest in 1947 by highly trained and well-funded armed groups of European Jews.

In the axiom that history is written by the victors, this moment became known as Israel's war of "independence". It is perhaps the only time in history when a group of foreigners have invaded and conquered a land, taken its cities and gardens, then claimed "independence" from the native population of that land.

Israel is a highly militarised society with the most advanced weaponry ever known. They hold tremendous political and economic clout in the US and, thus, internationally.

Palestinians have no military, no air force, no army, no navy. They are impoverished, robbed of their natural resources and livelihoods.
They have no political power, no clout. They are a besieged, controlled, oppressed, exiled and imprisoned people with no real defences against a racist state that has been explicit in its outrage and contempt for Palestinian existence»
edit on 28/10/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Understanding the cause of the Palestinian/israeli problem isn't really that difficult.

Theres one group of people who were simply living in their own country. They never went looking for a fight or a conflict.

Theres another group of people who felt (and feel) that they are entitled to this particular country and have made it clear that they will stop at nothing to acquire it.

But this relatively simple issue (with regards to determining whos in the wrong) has been blurred, primarily because one of these two groups is incredibly influential and has, among other things, been able to mount an incredible media blitz portraying themselves as the victims...

Take for example the Bombing of the King David Hotel, when in 1946, Jews, disguised as Arab Moslems (false flag attack), blew up a hotel.

These foreigners were not some desperate group of people who arrived in Palestine hat in hand. They were organized, they were armed and they were ruthless.

But the true roots of this "conflict" are never mentioned.

Having been killed or displaced since at-least 1946, why are the original Palestinians (and their descendants) not entitled to the return of their property or reparations or even an acknowledgement that they have been wronged (and thats putting it mildly).

This is not ancient history, its still happening to this day, even as we "speak".

edit on 28-10-2015 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What a load of crap!

Foreign immigrants? How about original Palestinians? Which the Jews also are??

One local African-American activist even called Jesus a 'Palestinian'.

There is and was no Palestine. The U.N. created it. (Far larger than now exists. which are now part of Jordan and Syria, which you disingenuously ignore.)

The U.N. is an obvious joke, 'International Law' is selectively applied.

The majority in Europe who arguably run the U.N. and the 'International Court' are still addicted to Saudi oil and have the bragging right of anti-Semitism which forced the creation of Israel in the first place.

My complete contempt....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
What a load of crap!

Coming out from your mouth, it is!

There is and was no Palestine.

In fact their is a Palestine!

In the same meeting Resolution 43/177 was adopted, in which the proclamation of the State of Palestine was acknowledged and the occupied Palestinian territories were called territories over which the Palestinian people should exercise sovereignty. The resolutions 43/176 and 43/177 were broadly supported by NGO's all over the world

United Nations General Assembly Resolution 43/176

Tell me how was Israel created?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

P.S.

You cite a Palestinian author.

Here's a rebuttal....by a Palestinian:

www.youtube.com...

An amazing number of both Palestinians AND Muslims in general that support Israel are available to those that prefer a balanced look at the issue if one googles it.....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

P.S.
You cite a Palestinian author.

What's the problem with that. The OP is about the story not the author. Do you wana say anything about the story? Is alright to maintain the occupation? Should it be expanded? Is their any occupation at all?

Please answer those questions and the other one above:«how was Israel created? »

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with that....other than there are other views....by Palestinians, as well as Muslims that you omit in your 'objective' dissertation.

If one isn't an activist, one looks at both sides and opines based on the evidence provided by each side.

Obviously, your not inclined to do so.

So here's a quick reality adjustment for you.

Israel will not be swayed by some popularity vote via social media.

Israel will not be swayed by a blatantly biased U.N. or "International Court" which even the U.S. hasn't signed on to.

The worst case scenario is if you get your way and that will force an Israeli pre-emption. Period.

Get the activists from Iran and elsewhere out of the region and this WILL sort out. Amongst themselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Great video and it sums it up perfectly.

Of course Israel should exist. It's too late to turn back the clock, however Palestinians living in Israel should have the same rights as the Jews that live there. Israel should stop building settlements.

We should know by now that the Israelis don't want any kind of equal rights or two state solution. The ultimate goal is to slowly take over the Palestinian territories with settlements until there are no Palestinian territories. Then, just like in South Africa, there will be apartheid. It's that simple.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Foreign immigrants? How about original Palestinians? Which the Jews also are?

These people came from Europe so how are they not foreign immigrants? Also the Europeans have no blood ties to that land.

One local African-American activist even called Jesus a 'Palestinian'.

Israel disappeared long before Jesus was even born so yes Jesus was a Palestinian seeing how the Romans renamed it after beating the Hebrews.

There is and was no Palestine. The U.N. created it. (Far larger than now exists. which are now part of Jordan and Syria, which you disingenuously ignore.)

Total BS. Maps clearly show a Palestine long before the UN was even created.

Even David Ben-Gurion admitted there was a Palestine.
1937 Ben-Gurion letter

"Does the establishment of a Jewish state [in only part of Palestine] advance or retard the conversion of this country into a Jewish country? My assumption (which is why I am a fervent proponent of a state, even though it is now linked to partition) is that a Jewish state on only part of the land is not the end but the beginning... This is because this increase in possession is of consequence not only in itself, but because through it we increase our strength, and every increase in strength helps in the possession of the land as a whole. The establishment of a state, even if only on a portion of the land, is the maximal reinforcement of our strength at the present time and a powerful boost to our historical endeavors to liberate the entire country."

You're right international law is selectively applied. Had any other nation broken as many international laws as Israel they would be facing sanctions but when it comes to Israel they just pass useless resolutions and let Israel do whatever it wants.

The majority in Europe who arguably run the U.N. and the 'International Court' are still addicted to Saudi oil and have the bragging right of anti-Semitism which forced the creation of Israel in the first place.

Actually it forced the migration to Palestine the creation of Israel was the idea of the Zionist Nazis that took control of Israel.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with that....other than there are other views....by Palestinians, as well as Muslims that you omit in your 'objective' dissertation.

This is a discussion forum, please, "jump in" with those other views. What did I omit? (I will wait again for a direct answer)

If one isn't an activist, one looks at both sides and opines based on the evidence provided by each side.

like I said, "bring them on"..

Obviously, your not inclined to do so.

Yes, I am.

So here's a quick reality adjustment for you.
Israel will not be swayed by some popularity vote via social media.
Israel will not be swayed by a blatantly biased U.N. or "International Court" which even the U.S. hasn't signed on to.

Indeed, amazing statement for someone who accuses me of not being able to look the other way.

Please, don't forget to answer my previous questions. You seem to be running way from them. Why is that?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Poor Palestinians cry me a river...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Hasbara poster spotted.... sigh

For the 10000th time equaling critisism of israhell as "anti- semitism" is the dumbest thing you can do (and a telltale of the desperation of the zionazi apologists) Isreal is zionism ( a despicable ideology on par with ISIS), which is not the same as judaism. (a thousand year old religion spread ALL over the world)...

Care to explain these then?

Or this?

It seems someone has been buying Zionazism propaganda without doing any thinking

Need some more?

FYI This is what you are defending

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

edit on 28-10-2015 by southbeach because: None

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The Palestinians living in Israel DO have the same rights as the Jews. 20% of Israel's population is Muslim. They vote. They worship in their Mosques, raise their families and the last time I checked they aren't lining up at the borders trying to get back into 'Palestine".

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Bull....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: XyZeR

Gee a thousand year old religion? Try more like 1500 year old.

Far younger than Judaism....as if seniority is an issue....LOL

Yup. I'm defending that over hiding behind kids and hospitals laden with missiles. Over stoning, perpetual Jihads, and Fatwahs. Oppression of women and the erasure of any and all religions/faiths other than Islam.

I am defending a nation that permits and protects all faiths. Islam and Christianity.

I am defending a people who make deserts bloom and create a home for those that have had enough of European hypocrisy.

I am defending a people who ignore U.N. edicts as the 'Palestinians' did the very day Israel officially came to exist.

I would prefer an amicable agreement. If not, I support Israel FULLY.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I don't bother answering your queries as you have ignored most of the points in mine.

As far as the U.N. creating a Palestine goes, Israel's response is identical as the 'Palestinian' response was the day Israel was created..."go forth and multiply".

What goes around, comes around. Deal with it..

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I don't bother answering your queries as you have ignored most of the points in mine.

What did I ignore? (do consider this one part of the query?)
So if you don't bother, please go on..

As far as the U.N. creating a Palestine goes, Israel's response is identical as the 'Palestinian' response was the day Israel was created..."go forth and multiply".
What goes around, comes around. Deal with it..

Deal with what? So actually your all points are farse when it comes to discussion. Be carefull, because what goes around, does comes around, don't worry, its fact of life in my book!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The video does bring up an important point. How is it that the Jewish refugees managed to enter the land formerly known as Palestine so well armed? Almost immediately after their arrival, they are able to beat back several Arab nations. Not bad for a bunch of disorganized, oppressed people who were spread out all over Europe.

The conspiracy nut in me has to wonder. As Nazi Germany began to crumble, many hardcore Hitler followers were killed or captured. Nazis of value were taken in by the US and other countries. Rumors abound that many may have escaped to South America. Could it be that some Nazis decided to hide by adopting a new identity and claiming to be oppressed Jews? Then, by coincidence or design, a new "Jewish State" is created for them to flee to? Maybe a crazy conspiracy theory, but it would explain why the Israeli government seems to have so much in common philosophically with Nazi Germany. Master Race - God's chosen people. Non-Aryan - Goyim. Concentration Camps - Open Air Prisons. Germans confiscating Jewish property - Israel confiscating Palestinian property. Expand by military force. Attacking other countries and claiming self defense. Etc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join