It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida’s New Anti-Gay, Anti-Woman Bill May Be the Most Malicious Yet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
originally posted by: stosh64
originally posted by: Tjoran

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: Darth_Prime
Morals being considered "barbaric" is a perfect example of this.
Still SMH at morals being considered barbaric now, exiting thread..........

You have an excellent point.

You know that now it is barbaric
to quote biblical morals;
"do not" kill - how passe and barbaric
"do not" steal - get real so last season and barbaric
honor your parents - really!!! that is extremely barbaric
..........................and beyond anything any reasonable person would do
"do not" lie - come on our politicians have taught us
.............. that to lie is to gain power,
...............really barbaric to suggest we should not lie

I know, people who have morals,
they are really disgusting.

Trying to force everyone into some
barbaric and cruel mold!

Morals are just so passe and something no one in their right mind
would have these days.

How can we justify allowing people to live by their morals,
how oppressive that they be allowed to live by a moral
code, oppressive, mean and politically totally incorrect.

Just the thought that morals, particularly if they are in
a religious book should be allowed to be practiced in public,
well just horrifically barbaric, and written into law to allow
people to live by their morals, oppressive, unjust and
totally inconceivable.

Why all laws based on morals in the Bible must be immediately
be rescinded and the people set free.
Because any morals found in the Bible are automatically
barbaric and oppressive and cruel.
Everyone knows that!

And to allow people live by the oppression of the "do not's" ?
Inconceivable in this enlightened day and age.

edit on 9Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:12:54 -0500pm102710pmk272 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
A doctor refusing service for moral or religious reasons? Who really cares? Obviously there is someone who is better qualified and more willing to provide the services you need.

No, let him have his beliefs, and let him practice them. As religion becomes more irrelevant, it will reflect on these doctors economically. People will stop going. Consumers aren't robots and have the ability to choose—at least I would hope they do. Forcing someone to provide services on moral grounds is just as bad as denying someone services on moral grounds.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
How about keeping your faith and sexual preference personal. Problem solved!

But nooo, everybody today has a friggin point to prove and they want to jam their beliefs down each others throat.
Never once has my Doc asked me my religion, and I give two flips about his. Now if I walk in with a upside down cross on my forehead and try to convert him to my religion every time I have an appointment, I expect him to eventually get fed up and ask me to move on. Its his right to make that choice and I respect that. Just like I have the freedom to go elsewhere if im not comfortable with the situation.

Most of you are over exaggerating with these worst case, made up scenarios. Doctors are not going to just start judging every person that walks in the door and kick them out if thy don't share similar beliefs. Business owners just want some rights to say NO if the over the top situation presents itself.

Stop putting you life on blast and getting bent out of shape when someone does not agree.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hippocratic Oath excerpt;

"I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm."

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VelvetPawn

Doctors are not going to just start judging every person that walks in the door and kick them out if they don't share similar beliefs.

Once is too many.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

By what you said, it's clear you don't understand the difference between "Sex" "Sexual Orientation" and "Gender-Identity"

i can show you articles, testimonies arguments and debates but you wont believe it anyway...

Ignorance is a Lifestyle Choice

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So if you (or loved one) are in a Hospital and need a Blood Transfusion, or an organ transplant, or just some minor thing and the Doctor refused to treat you because of his "Religious Beliefs"

you are Ok with that?

Sorry,not sorry that is not "Freedoms" that is someone getting paid to do a Job and leave Bias at Home

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Doctors are not going to just start judging every person that walks in the door and kick them out if they don't share similar beliefs.

Once is too many.

Everything has a limit, don't be naive. The point here is people are being pushed over the top lately, and groups are targeting businesses and trying to force them to compromise their morals in a big way, and if a business does not comply they get sued into oblivion for discrimination.

Tell me, where is the protection and freedom for the business owner?

This was a non issue 10 years ago. Why all of the sudden is this an issue now? People were actually tactful and they kept their personal life to themselves not to long ago, remember? It all just magically worked. What happened?
Maybe because people want to shove everything in our face now and make us like it? What did you expect to happen?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
to quote biblical morals;
"do not" kill - how passe and barbaric
"do not" steal - get real so last season and barbaric
honor your parents - really!!! that is extremely barbaric
..........................and beyond anything any reasonable person would do
"do not" lie - come on our politicians have taught us
.............. that to lie is to gain power,
...............really barbaric to suggest we should not lie

Kill people who don't listen to Priests. (Deuteronomy 17:12)
Kill witches. (Exodus 22:17)
Kill fortunetellers. (Leviticus 20:27)
Kill homosexuals. (Leviticus 20:13)
Kill nonbelievers. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)
Kill followers of other religions. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12, Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
Kill false prophets. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 18:20-22, Zechariah 13:3)
Kill an entire town if anyone there worships another God. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Kill women who are not virgins on their wedding night. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
Kill people working on the Sabbath. (Exodus 31:12-15)
Kill sons of sinners. (Isaiah 14:21)
Kill in the name of the Lord. (Jeremiah 48:10)

Death for striking parents. (Exodus 21:15)
Death for cursing parents. (Leviticus 20:9, Proverbs 20:20)
Death for fornication. (Leviticus 21:9)
Death for adultery. (Leviticus 20:10)
Death for blasphemy. (Leviticus 24:10-16)
Death to followers of other religions. (Exodus 22:19)

God's Willingness to Lie

"And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet." Ezekiel 14:9

"Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee." 1st Kings 22:23

And again in 2nd Chronicles 18:22:

"Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets."

For more of the less positive moral aspects of scripture:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-27-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I mean yeah, but it isn't legally binding.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

you should read this....

pnhp.org...

Ten of the 25 largest health systems in the U.S. are Catholic-sponsored and will place their beliefs above your healthcare needs.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The point here is people are being pushed over the top lately

The point is doctors have a sworn oath, and declining people care on the basis of incompatible religious beliefs is in violation of that oath.

People were actually tactful and they kept their personal life to themselves not to long ago, remember?

What you call tactfully keeping their personal lives to themselves is what I call people keeping their lives secret due to systemic discrimination.

It all just magically worked.

Working for whom?

What happened?

What continues to happen. Society evolves.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetPawn
People were actually tactful and they kept their personal life to themselves not to long ago, remember? It all just magically worked. What happened?
Maybe because people want to shove everything in our face now and make us like it? What did you expect to happen?

I know huh?!?!? I wish we could go back to then. You know when Religious People held their Personal Beliefs to themselves instead of pushing into everything from business to politics to other peoples bedrooms.

What did happen???

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Metallicus

By what you said, it's clear you don't understand the difference between "Sex" "Sexual Orientation" and "Gender-Identity"

i can show you articles, testimonies arguments and debates but you wont believe it anyway...

Ignorance is a Lifestyle Choice

There is a big difference between having an unnatural or improper attraction and acting upon it, my friend. It isn't like I haven't seen a beautiful woman before only to find out she is married or already dating. If I have an inappropriate thought about someone that makes me angry and I want to punch them I still have the ability to not act upon that thought. The problem is when people are self-indulgent and act in an anti-social way. If I have an anti-social thought I don't indulge that behavior. I don't give energy to those negative thoughts and actions.

You always have a choice to entertain negative thoughts or not. It is possible not to have an affair with a neighbor's wife even if I am attracted to her. It is about having self control and not indulging in inappropriate behavior. I understand many people do have affairs due to character flaws or inability to empathise, etc. That doesn't make it okay.

I know it is hard for you people to discuss this logically because it is such an emotionally charged issue for you, but I still see it as a choice to engage in inappropriate behavior, regardless of what that behavior might be. There are many criminals that lack impulse control and are anti-social and I wouldn't want to deal with them or their negative behavior any more than I would want to deal with yours.

Does this mean I wouldn't check you out at Wal-Mart? No, but I wouldn't want someone like that in my life either just like I avoid people that use drugs, etc.

That is the best I can explain it and I can't make it anymore clear. Hopefully you can respond without anymore insults, but like I said i do understand it is emotional for you.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

the dominists rose up??? remember when kennedy was running for president and everyone was worried that he would have more allegiance to the pope than to the US? What in hades name happened? Now they want the politicians to have more allegiance to the pope, or whatever christian denomination they are following, than the US.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I know it is hard for you people to discuss this logically because it is such an emotionally charged issue for you, but I still see it as a choice to engage in inappropriate behavior, regardless of what that behavior might be.

Are you seriously trying to call inherent Sexual Orientation a behavior?

Are we still in the Dark Ages?

And, BTW, who is "you people"?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

For him to not "get it" suggests he does not feel any less attraction to one than the other and therefore made a choice..we have to see it from his eyes

Nothing wrong with either choice.

edit on 27-10-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
Let me tell you of the Devils interference.

Just the other day I was working at my store. And you know what a gay person wanted to buy something. I was like no way get out of here. And story end. I am hero?

You have no skill at satire. You should stop before you embarrass yourself.

I am actually really enjoying TsukiLunar's posts. So simple and to the point, made me laugh.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I know it is hard for you people to discuss this logically because it is such an emotionally charged issue for you, but I still see it as a choice to engage in inappropriate behavior, regardless of what that behavior might be.

Are you seriously trying to call inherent Sexual Orientation a behavior?

Are we still in the Dark Ages?

And, BTW, who is "you people"?

1) Yes. We always have a choice and can modify our behavior from negative to positive. There is no reason to act on inappropriate attraction.

2) You people being those who engage in homosexual behaviors. I thought that was obvious.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
Let me tell you of the Devils interference.

Just the other day I was working at my store. And you know what a gay person wanted to buy something. I was like no way get out of here. And story end. I am hero?

You have no skill at satire. You should stop before you embarrass yourself.

I am actually really enjoying TsukiLunar's posts. So simple and to the point, made me laugh.

Even a complete hack can have a fan club it seems.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join