It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Processed meats Rank alongside smoking as causes of Cancer, but is there another agenda?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

or better technology that can keep dead people alive longer....
just because people are living longer doesn't mean that their quality of life was better throughout that long life.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
I agree but I have been through the debates with the crowd that swears todays standard of food is far better than that we both love.

There are so many other factors that show why we live longer despite all the poison we ingest.

The biggest being medical advances and treatment

So far I am still in the dark as to why they choose to single out the pig. I get the processed stuff but how can they deem all pork as causing cancer?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The findings do seem to cozy up with a couple agendas we've been made aware of.

Don't eat bacon? Good, more for me.

World's oldest woman, 116, eats bacon daily

edit on 27-10-2015 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lernmore
The findings do seem to cozy up with a couple agendas we've been made aware of.

Don't eat bacon? Good, more for me.

World's oldest woman, 116, eats bacon daily

Real reason she has lived such a long healthy life.

"She adored kids," Jones' niece, Lois Judge, told the Daily Record of her aunt though Jones never had children of her own and was married for only a few years.

edit on 27-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Format fix.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

Heres the problem, they dont know what the hell they are talking about.. Funniest thing of all about diet is.. we think were the most intelligent species on the planet, yet we seem be the only species to struggle with it lol. Learn listen to your body and not dip#s looking to make a buck, and it will tell you what it needs.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

or better technology that can keep dead people alive longer....
just because people are living longer doesn't mean that their quality of life was better throughout that long life.

You do have a nice number of the people that live pass their 80's, who are independent and quite healthy. There some communities, and I will not name any of them here, in deference to their privacy and way of life, that makes me believe they are either Vampires, or they have hidden pools like in the movie Cocoon.

If you spend time with this people, you will find most, are cut from the same cloth. They were simple, hard working people, that started life with very little and made it through life with, spit, vinegar, love, God, family, and community. Most were and still are very leery of the government, and the less the government is in their lives the better.

Even more of their numbers are being housed in extended care facilities, assisted living facilities and Dementia units. Talk about a sad sight.

Just the thought of it has me suddenly craving bacon.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
They fail to take into account that people who generally eat these meats on a regular basis don't live the healthiest of life styles either.
It's like saying people who drink alcohol will have a higher risk of liver disease or fatty liver. But what they don't tell you is that those people are extremely unhealthy or drink in large amounts.

Studies like this make me cringe, they also mention pan frying or grilling meat ups the percentage of chance. Last time I checked we have been eating and cooking red meats for thousands of years.
It's processed meats we need to cut back on, not steaks.

This seems to be the truth of it. My grandfather lived to 98 on a regular diet of mince and tatties (ground beef stew and potatoes) There probably isn't a person alive whose physiology is developed enough to handle the chemicals in food processing, sure not everyone gets cancer but the ratios of those who do are sky rocketing. Everything in moderation too... people usually smoke all day everyday and no one does that with bacon.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Again, I agree. Yet you hear the common complaints, especially in children, about a chemical imbalance or immunodeficiency.

What do we expect when all we do is pump our bodies full of chemicals from birth to grave?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nustle

Kind of odd, but I actually had a very similar suspicion..not only muslims but Jewish community do not eat pork meat, and in Europe, pork happens to be a huge part of standard diet.. my first impression or question was, is this an effort to undermine european or american culinary practices by suddenly demonizing red meat and more specifically pork meat?..in other words might this all be some type of orchestrated effort to change or modify standard culinary consumer practices associated with those meats..? Why now?

It may or may not be the case, but one thing is certain: the timing of this sudden anti red meat assault is absurdly odd especially when we consider that carcinogens in red meat and pork has been an issue for the last decade..here is a link from natural news on this: www.naturalnews.com... Entitled: Natural News readers learned about processed meat causing cancer TEN YEARS AGO... mainstream media just figured it out this week! Why is this suddenly important now, and why is the carcinogen report commisionned by the UN-- The United Nations of all institutions?

I do not think your thread belongs with the skunks or the weasels by the way..it is a good topic that you should repost and re-present putting aside your personal analysis until a later moment in the thread..

Oh and also..in addition to your article, there is this study and news article that is also interesting and quite disturbing: www.naturalnews.com... where HUMAN DNA is found in hot dogs!! mmm hhmm..My thoughts about learning that there is human dna in hot dogs, especially vegetable hot dogs is this: I think the powers that be probably would want us to be habituated to eating and drinking human material (remember Pepsi?), to cause us to grow accustomed to CANNIBALISM.
It would be something we would eventually become used to. I guarantee, big corporations would be all for feeding us dead human remains..
WWIII? Economic collapse? That means many fallen perished people- why not take advantage of those numbers, and simply feed away those remains..it's all merely a matter of habit and culinary conditioning;

Additionally, this whole pork red meat psy-op serves to distract people from more important issues such as the beginning of WWIII;

Signing off now!!
edit on 27-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Cows and pork are a great contributor to methane or green house gases in the atmosphere.

Processed meats are not good for you because the beasts are injected with synthetic hormones, antibiotics and are fed GM corn. Other preservatives such as nitrites and sulfites are added, also red meats are sprayed with carbon dioxide to make it look blood red longer.

It is no surprise that they are bad for you, but as some replies here show even with a warning people will still give in to the bad habit and they know this already from cigarette or other bad consumables.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I find it strange that suddenly this information about processed meats, particularly pork based meats is carcinogenic has just hit the headlines. My point is this, is this a way for the government to rid the West of Pork based meats to appease the immigrants without causing an uproar within the existing countries?

No this has nothing to do with the influx of Syrian migrants into Europe, this information has been out there for years...
Univeristy of Hawaii Study 2005

A 2005 University of Hawaii study found that processed meats increase the risk of pancreatic cancer by 67 percent. Another study revealed that every 50 grams of processed meat consumed daily increases the risk of colorectal cancer by 50 percent. These are alarming numbers. Note that these cancer risks do not come from eating fresh, non-processed meats. They only appear in people who regularly consume processed meat products containing sodium nitrite. Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

edit on 27-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Or maaaaaybe it is just a ploy to replace pork-based meat with the other, other white meat.

Are you actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Are you actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf?

I just U2U'd my address. Come on over and find out.

Oh, and bring some BBQ sauce.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ok, maybe meats processed with chemicals like sulfates/sulfides/msg/iodized salts/nitrates/nitrates and other preservatives could lead to cancer over a long term use like just about everything else in life.

However, there are/were plenty of cultures that relied solely on meat and animal products to survive, such as the Inuit, Chukotka, Masai, Samburu etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

England's agriculture minister has openly said that she thinks red meat should be treated "exactly like tobacco" with public campaigns against eating it etc. Link

I agree with the other posters who suggest bacon and ham are suddenly bad for you because of the added chemicals. A REAL cured ham, which will keep for months without refrigeration (the original reason for curing meat, after all) is a wildly different thing than the processed ham we buy from the refrigerated meat counter at the supermarket. And it doesn't contain a billion added chemicals.

Something interesting in the Lancet synopsis of the WHO report was an observation that the link between cancer and processed meat was stronger in "lean" people than in obese ones. No idea what relevance that may have, but it caught my attention. As to the red meat part--by their own admission they're kind of pulling it out of their @$$.

I read the WHO report, and they admit that the evidence linking red meat and cancer is very tenuous--too many factors such as other dietary choices, smoking, etc not taken into account, and even more telling, no correlation in "the highest quality studies." Yet they still tell the media it "probably" causes cancer. There is definitely an axe being ground here, and I'm inclined to agree that it's part of the climate change agenda. Although I hadn't thought, until I read this thread, that the lab-grown "meat" might also play into it; supposedly it will be available within 5 years, so that is definitely a thought to consider.
edit on 2-11-2015 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
OH look, as we talked about early November, it is now happening: Banning pork

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Ok so i recently came across this article, which outlines the health risks associated with eating red and processed meats.

This is thrash propaganda from planet saver nutters wanting you to accept eating critters and grass while they enjoy champaign and fine meat.

Processed meat may be bad, but fresh meat is what we adapted to eat. Don't believe the grass eating nutters.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Seems to me that money, along with the need to earn it, and the desire to spend it is probably far more dangerous than our desire to eat meat...

Nearly all U.S. dollar bills in circulation have traces of a toxic chemical on them, a shock study had found.

Some 95 per cent of the notes tested positive for BPA, which can disrupt hormones and has been been linked to cancer.

Larger amounts were also routinely found on receipts and exposure took place even if they were handled for just a few seconds.

The finding turns on its head the long-held idea that food packaging is the main source of of BPA infection.

So prevalent is the chemical in currency that it is now impossible to avoid it, the Washington Toxics Coalition found.

BPA, or bisphenol A, has long been used to make the plastics that are used as a liner in nearly all canned food and beverages, despite growing concerns over its impact on health.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

heck there were reports in the 70's I believe that the ink used in the dollar bills caused cancer. I can't help but believe that we run across so many different toxins in our routine daily lives now that there isn't any way for them to know just what is causing cancer and it's probably just the whole toxic cocktail that is doing it. You want to live to 80 or 90 years like those people that NightSkyeB4Dawn mentions, well, live you life the way they did most of theirs. And, I guarantee you that they didn't spend most of those years eating fake butter, fake eggs, no meat, or over processed junk food. They weren't sheltered as kids from the hazards of tobacco smoke nor did they life in ultra sanitized environments. The were active, as kids doing chores and playing hard, and later as adults working in steel meals or in the manufacturing plants. Many at one point or another, remember not having a car and having to walk, or being down on their hands and knees scrubbing the floors. And, they weren't surrounded by plastic.

It's not anything in particular that we are doing that is making us sicker or more likely to die at an earlier age, it's our entire lifestyle and more than likely the fake lab grown meat will do more harm than good...just like the fake butter and fake eggs are..

My God, our diets where horrendous as children growing up in the 60's and 70's according to modern science with it's real butter, it's eggs every morning, it's fried fish on fridays (fried in lard), our ham and bean soup at least a couple of days a month, with the cookie jar filled with goodies and desserts following many meals. And, well, our environment was something else, our parents smoked in the house, and some of them took us kids to the spend the night in smoke filled bars. And, many of us played in areas that are now considered to be epa superfund sites...
and ya know what, I didn't know anyone who was asthmatic growing up, and there were very few obese kids.
you want to live to a ripe old age, you want your kids to? go back to living the way they did before the gov't started worrying about our health!!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
UTTER BOLLOX

i am going to die anyway - FACT !

so dam it i will die happy - hopefully - in my sleep - drunk as a skunk with undigested pork in my stomach .

i dont want to live longer - subsisting on utterly bland rabbit food

i will eat the fooking rabbit - cooked over a carcenogenic wood fire

FU

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join