It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What quirks do your pets have? Please share!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Any one who knows animals, knows that they all have their distinct personality and preferences. They all come with their own little quirks that no matter how funny or frustrating, make them more endearing. I could really do with a dose of cute antics today so I want to hear all about the silly, the odd, the intelligent, etc. things your pets do. I'll start.

My one cat won't eat if she can see the bottom of the food dish, even if food is pilled up on the sides. She'll meow in protest until you either add more food to the bowl or shift the food around so that you can no longer see the bottom. Even if less than a quarter of a square inch is showing, she finds it cause for alarm.

Our younger cat is starting to pick up on this and is now starting to do the same thing. Don't worry though, they have us well trained to respond immediately to such a disaster.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I have Pomeranians. Both love to sleep on the bed with me at night. Lacey likes to walk up behind my back, then just FLOPS down against me. Nellie is a toy sucker. She has a favorite toy and will go look for it to bring to bed with her.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead
Awww cute!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

My Wally ( he is a weiner/beagle) is sitting beside me right now because IT IS TIME FOR BED!!!! He thinks...
If it gets much later, he will start whining and pawing at me...LOL!
If I sneeze, he will start to sneeze. I can even "pretend" sneeze and he starts. He'll sneeze maybe 5 or 6 times in a row...
He has never had "proper" training but seems to understand everything I say. My S.O. says "he thinks he is human".
For 14 years old he is still pretty spry. I can chase him on the hardwood floors and he will slide around and run back and forth and then come "look" for me and I will come from around a corner or a wall and he will start running in circles again...he can't quite "get a grip" on the floors and I think he like sliding!
I've done a thread on him before because he is just so darn cute!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have a fluffy white rooster that likes to sneak up behind me and peck me in the butt, then run away.

He's a mess.

link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Well, he knows best! And I do believe they understand human speech far better than most people think. It's us silly humans who struggle with understanding the language of pets.

link   
My youngest of 2 cats loves to drink from the bathroom sink, she will cry out and stand in front of the bathroom door till i get up and put the faucet on.

Shes awesome.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

That got a laugh out of me! Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have a totally black water kitty. She LOVES water. Tub, sink, toilet.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

i had a ferrat that would draw blood if cheese paper(cheese burger wrap) was added to the equation. i had to lock him up when cheeseburgers would come to the house. and when the burgers would show up and he wasnt in his cage i would have to chase him down and constrain him kind of reminded me of clubber lang.

normally he was this

cheese paper came around this is what happend

edit on 23-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969 I wonder if she would like one of these?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Too funny, my cats would be plotting revenge if you got them wet. I would love to see pics of her playing in water, that would be adorable.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

That looks pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I have a couple of ferrets myself. I can picture the scene all too well.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That dog in my avy, Monkey, can read my mind!!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: intrepid

Too funny, my cats would be plotting revenge if you got them wet. I would love to see pics of her playing in water, that would be adorable.

She goes nuts. From the sink to the tub to the kitchen sink to the toilet. Water and she goes nuts. I don't pay for my water so it's all good.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My little Yorkie boy won't eat his food until I say, "that's yours."
He absolutely hates, gardeners, anyone who rides a motercyle or any any male who touches me in any way. He's left battle wounds on many people.
Another odd thing he does is growls anytime he hears 60 era psychedelic music but becomes puppy like when hearing pop music like Taylor Swift or Beyoncé.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ollie is just 6 months old, so his quirks are still developing

If you give him an especially tasty bone and his is not ready to devour it at the moment or can't finish it, he runs around the house with his bone whining and looking for a place to hide it. This might be in the couch cushions, under pillows, in a laundry hamper, or any other place he can "dig" and hide it. If a person or one of the cats witnesses his hiding place, he frantically gets it and runs around trying to find a new hiding place.

We have a long rope tug toy he likes to play with. His version of tug means he grabs his end of the rope and hits the floor while holding on. He then expects you to run around the house pulling him around while he lays there getting rug burn.

He cocks his head from side to side when you talk to him and listens intently, trying to figure out what you're going on about.

He is ball obsessed, and gets a little nutty if he doesn't get in at least one vigorous round of fetch a day.

edit on 23-10-2015 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: makemethink

That is funny about his "territorial" "jealousy" with you...my S.O. will sometimes act like he's grabbing me or "man handling" me and I fake scream and such and Wally will just go off!
We don't let it go on long though, he is an old man after all! Wally AND my S.O. LOL!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Pina, our Golden Retriever has separation anxiety. Sometimes, but not all the time, when nobody is home she will find something of mine and tear it to shreds. What really gets me, is it's always my stuff and never my wife's!

She's also really sweet in the morning. She has to greet me and the wife in the morning with licks and her nuzzling her nose into our chests.

<<   2  3 >>

join