It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A picture thread: 16 pictures that sum up the world today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey ATS! First off I'm not one for starting threads so be nice. Secondly, mods if you feel this thread is irrelevant please do as you please with this

So I browsing my Facebook when someone had posted a page which relates to the way we as humans have developed over the years. On the page were 16 pictures that I thought summed up the world we live in right now. Ok maybe I don't understand all of the pics but I get the idea of most of them maybe the ones I'm not sure on people can shed some light on them. So apologies for the lack of information in this thread but I thought ATS may like them

Ok so the first one which is pretty self explanatory. The smart phone generation (quite ironic as I'm posting this using a smart phone). How many times do you walk around and see people glued to their hand held device

Next ... Does money buy happiness?

Next up .. The life of fast food and people who are glued to their TV sets confined to our homes and not actually getting out there and seeing the world lapping up the junk they feed us

This one I need some help on not quite sure what this pic is implying, made me chuckle though. Maybe it's saying how we have let ourselves go? Not sure

Ok this one I get. Large corporations pumping out their expensive goods for us all to spend our money on allowing the fat cats to get richer and to continue to produce their products

Another one I'm not quite sure on. Maybe something along the lines of the daily commute jammed packed in trains etc. Maybe someone has a different view on this one

I get his next one. A bit like the first pic. This one illustrates how technology has control over what we do (I think)

This next one is simple. Destroying the world just to make some money

Slightly confused about this one but I believe it's something along the lines of how Christmas is now used to pump out expensive goods being made by cheap labour. Again so companies can rake in the money

Oh I love this one and I'm sure you can guess what this about. The BS they put out on TV

Hmmm everyone area Monday's right? Maybe more to the pic maybe something like how we dread the start of the week, instead of enjoying our time on earth we have to think of the negative things about each day, maybe?

Er ok I haven't a clue on this one maybe someone can help out here

Hah easy one this one (I think). Energy firms making deals and making huge amounts of money while polluting the earth

I think this one is about how normal people struggle with life while we carry the burden of the fat cat bankers and businessmen

Another one I'm not too sure on so again maybe someone can come up with what it's about

And finally. Junk food. The slaughter of animals just so we can get our juicy chops on all that unhealthy fast food

So there we are ATS what do we think. I think most of these pictures pretty much sums up modern day life. Have we gone too far now to change our ways.. Quite possibly. Anyway I thought this thread is a bit of a change from all the doom and gloom and as stated above, ATS staff if this needs moving or deleting, do as you wish

edit on 18-10-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: Fixed a

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I like the art and the ideas for the most part.

S&F

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Brilliant thread.

One of them is definitely symbolising The Rat Race of Life.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I like the art and the ideas for the most part.

S&F

I do like the art too. Some of the pictures hit the nail on the head which some of modern day life issues. A simple picture can mean so much. Thanks for the reply

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Brilliant thread.

One of them is definitely symbolising The Rat Race of Life.

Hey again Charlie, ah yes the rat race of life now I get that one
thanks for the reply

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Roger Rabbit figured out why dating is better than marriage, LOL. See the KID tattoo on Jessica Rabbit.

Ghost

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think that sums it up with a fair degree of accuracy. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The third one is Jessica and Roger Rabbit from the movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. They were sexy and happy, now they've let themselves go completely.

Great thread!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Roger Rabbit figured out why dating is better than marriage, LOL. See the KID tattoo on Jessica Rabbit.

Ghost

Ah HA! Gotcha .. Maybe I didn't understand as I'm not married yet. Not sure if I want to now haha. Thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I remember the film
and I got it now but thanks for your reply

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Seen most of those before but thanks for the reminder very hard to argue with any of the sentiments
expressed in any of them and its the same story across the planet the west just takes a little more effort
to hide it behind a curtain of shiny "stuff"

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
OOPS! just realised I've made a mistake in the thread I've missed out a pic. Editing now!

UPDATE: I have changed the second from last picture as one was a duplicate
edit on 18-10-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Hey PeaceMaker.

One of your pictures is a duplicate...

Could you edit please so we can see which one you were having trouble with.

It's after you say...

Another one I'm not too sure on so again maybe someone can come up with what it's about

Cheers.

Edit: my impatience haunts me.
edit on 18-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The whole TV thing I think isn't really an issue now days, maybe throughout the late 90's and early 2000's people were glued to their TV's, but in today's world it's more cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc. I know a bunch of my friends don't even have cable they have just internet and stream or pirate movies and TV shows.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Ha it's ok Charlie .. My proof reading isn't great

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I like 'em.

Reminds me a lot of David Dees.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

Lol.

That one is about forced conformity of society I believe...

Everyone stuck in one mindset, except the one screaming and above you see three thought police(?) coming to get the outspoken fella.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
The whole TV thing I think isn't really an issue now days, maybe throughout the late 90's and early 2000's people were glued to their TV's, but in today's world it's more cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc. I know a bunch of my friends don't even have cable they have just internet and stream or pirate movies and TV shows.

Hey strongfp, I get what you are saying. But maybe looking at it another way. While people maybe glued to their laptops, cell phones and tablets they still look at news and what not so to a degree are still being fed BS. But thanks for your reply and view on the matter
it's appreciated

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I like 'em.

Reminds me a lot of David Dees.

Hey gladtobehere thanks for the reply and the link! Just took a quick browse and I'm liking it thank you

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

Lol.

That one is about forced conformity of society I believe...

Everyone stuck in one mindset, except the one screaming and above you see three thought police(?) coming to get the outspoken fella.

Aaah I'm with you now
thank you .. Yeh I noticed the 3 police figures just didn't know what they meant

top topics

<<   2 >>

join