It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maths Proof: God Created the Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Barcs, you know as well as I do, if you take a slow meander through the countless threads here on ATS, the vast majority of atheists have said "there is no God" somewhere...just as the people on the other side say it as an absolute positive...while a small portion of us like to stay in the middle and say that while both possibilities are NOT equal, they both are possible.....

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
God is the field of zero-dimensional singularity potential manifold, that fractures the field & extrudes into omni-dimensional folded zero-dimensionality bubbles. Anything else is just superstition, not proper science

To be fair, God gains its existence from a quasi-integrated mass consciousness aggregate, which may incorporate memetic and mythological structures, particularly among active intelligences with cultural transmission. So there's that.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Aw comeon y'all got The Walrus now! He doesn't give you hope?

What do you mean? I haven't stated anything about or concerning my own beliefs, except as an example to add clarification....and what in the world is "The Walrus"...

It's what people in Philly used to call Andy Reid.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So I take it you thought I was a Chiefs fan then?

I am not, my family is, however. I believe me being the first in my family to attend an accredited university as well as being the first to disown the Chiefs as a franchise speaks for itself.

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

[...] while a small portion of us like to stay in the middle and say that while both possibilities are NOT equal, they both are possible.

The biggest problem with the possibility of God that it's so poorly defined. Before you can assign any reasonable probability to something, we pretty much have to agree on what we're talking about. You have people going off on various tangents indicating that God is somehow "love," but also a "humanoid," yet at the same time "an extratemporal, multidimensional and incomprehensible creator entity," and so on.

So what is it? I really can't get a reasonable grasp on the concept. So in that regard, if I had to try to determine what was "possible," as opposed to "impossible," I just can't say. If you held out your closed hand and asked me if there was something in it, then I would have to guess the odds were 50/50, but only because you said there could be a "thing." But nobody can say even that much about "God." Thing? No-thing? What are the odds of that?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

both sides must bear the burden of proof

That's not how it works. Check it out: link

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I know how it's SAID to work...but actually listen to what I'm saying.

If you have an opinion....defend it...

That's all I'm saying....literally ^ that.... DEFEND YOUR OPINION. If you are of the opinion that god does not exist, tell me why you think so....if you are of the opinion that god does exist...tell me why you think so....

BOTH sides...reason with me.

Why is that "not the way it works"? That is the way life works friend. If you believe something(or "don't" believe something), you should have a reason as to why.

A2D
edit on 19-10-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I know how it's SAID to work...but actually listen to what I'm saying.

If you have an opinion....defend it...

That's all I'm saying....literally ^ that.... DEFEND YOUR OPINION. If you are of the opinion that god does not exist, tell me why you think so....if you are of the opinion that god does exist...tell me why you think so....

BOTH sides...reason with me.

Why is that "not the way it works"? That is the way life works friend. If you believe something(or "don't" believe something), you should have a reason as to why.

A2D

Only reason you believe what you believe is because of place and time you were born. If you were born in India, you would most likely believe in Hindu gods, if you were born in some predominantly muslim country, you would believe in Allah, or in case of some African tribes, you would believe in Juju... or spaghetti monster as Dawkins would say...

Point is, all of those beliefs are built on no evidence at all... and they should be treated as such...

Topic just as rest of topics from OP covers the same thing... and it is kind of boring repeat reasons there is no science in sacred texts....

[yvid]ReV0nCuObcs[yvid]

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

So if I am to believe you...

that means I'm agnostic because I was born in America in 1986?
Seems like quite a ridiculous statement. Perhaps you meant to say ones beliefs are a deep foundation of the culture in which he/she matures....? In which case, that'd mean I'm agnostic because I grew up in a strict christian household? In a small town of less than 1,000 in which there were more churches than gas stations....? Still leaves me puzzled...

In reality, I believe what I believe because of my own reasoning and logic. I've come to the conclusion that there is no evidence for or against the existence of deity. Both are within the realm of possibility, but how probable, I cannot say. My cultural upbringing has nothing to do with my belief concerning deity or the lack thereof. In fact, quite the contrary. I tried to eliminate entirely any influence my upbringing may or may not have had on my decision to believe or not believe....

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If you are of the opinion that god does not exist, tell me why you think so...

That's a completely different discussion. You said both sides shared a burden of proof. Which is false. It's also why I responded the way I did.

To answer you question. 1. I have yet to see compelling evidence to support its existence 2. Religious stories are contrary to the evidence we do have. So I lack belief in any god(s).

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So if I am to believe you...

that means I'm agnostic because I was born in America in 1986?
Seems like quite a ridiculous statement. Perhaps you meant to say ones beliefs are a deep foundation of the culture in which he/she matures....? In which case, that'd mean I'm agnostic because I grew up in a strict christian household? In a small town of less than 1,000 in which there were more churches than gas stations....? Still leaves me puzzled...

A2D

Tell me what would you believe if you were born in the same place in 1386? Great Spirit?? Tell me, why Native American's did not believe in Jesus?! Was it their fault to live too far from middle east?!

Sam Harris explains this very well....

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It's not really though.

Belief in a deity has widely been accepted as having no evidence(minus the few radicals who claim anything and everything as "proof").However, You can't dismiss the possibility of something because there is no evidence for its current existence.

Prior to 1822, there would have been no compelling evidence to support the existence of Iguanadon....but to come to the conclusion that Iguanadon could not possibly exist would be foolish.

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's really quite simple. Since no connection has been concretely demonstrated between a higher power and either the universe or the earth, the logical assumption is that no such connection exists. It's called the null hypothesis, look it up. So either falsify the hypothesis or accept it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm still the same person...with the same mindset...I would be an agnostic.

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It's really quite simple. Since no connection has been concretely demonstrated between a higher power and either the universe or the earth, the logical assumption is that no such connection exists. It's called the null hypothesis, look it up. So either falsify the hypothesis or accept it.

It's a hypothesis....so prove it...it's not up to me to falsify it...

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

it's not up to me to falsify it...

A2D

If you make the claim, it's you who has to do the legwork.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing
a reply to: TheLamb

These desperate attempts to reconcile science with religion are hilarious, intellectually dishonest and destined to fail.

Over the centuries seriously brilliant people have tried to do the same thing time and time again and every single one of them has failed. Their track record in this department is incredibly poor. But lookout, here comes Billy the Bible nerd and he is going to single handedly succeed where they all failed! Hey diddly do!

Oil and water. But keep it up, it's entertaining.

You could at least have worked through the equations.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLamb

No need, your Vein Jesus revelations have convinced me, at least.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

it's not up to me to falsify it...

A2D

If you make the claim, it's you who has to do the legwork.

I didn't make the claim

I'm claiming a default position in which I have no evidence for or against...I'm admitting I have no evidence...how do you prove that? Exactly, you don't.

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Double post...my apologies

A2D

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join