It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US responsible for the creation of Al Qaeda and ISIS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
General William Odom, who served as the director of the National Security Agency under the Reagan administration said, “Because the United States itself has a long record of supporting terrorists and using terrorist tactics, the slogans of today’s war on terrorism merely makes the United States look hypocritical to the rest of the world.” A lot of people know that the US was giving aid to the Mujahideen during the Reagan Administration. The mainstream narrative is that the US began funding the Mujahideen in the 80's. However, what most people don't know is that the US began giving aid to the mujahideen in 1979 under the Carter Administration. Zbignew Brezinski, Carter's National Security advisor, admitted that the US was funding the Mujahideen six months before the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan and that this funding is likely what lead the Soviet Union to invade Afghanistan. The Mujahideen would eventually break off into different terrorist groups like the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda. The CIA gave billion dollars of arms to Afgan Guerillas in what was called Operation Cyclone. This large amount of arms that was funneled into Afghanistan is what made Al Qaeda possible. The CIA also trained many members of the Mujahideen. Islamic Extremist went on to use this training towards their terrorist agenda.
The US also trained Syrian rebels at a secret base in Safawi, Jordan, Many of the rebels trained by the US would go onto create ISIS. A recently declassified document from the US Defense Intelligence Agency has revealed that the US saw ISIS as a strategic tool. ISIS has been fighting aainst Bashar Al-Assads regime. It just happens that that Bashar Al-Assad stands in the way of the creation of the Qatar-Turkey oil pipeline. Did the US possibly create these terrorist groups in order to help achieve their political endgoals?
Here is a link to a blogpost where I go into more detail and have sources to back up this info: www.againstallaggression.com...
Let me know what you guys think!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ancap4liberty

Yes.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
In a word, 'yes'.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Google search Senator McCain AL Baghdadi.
You will be treated to photos of the US Senator practically hugging and kissing the ISIS leader.

That pretty much answers the question.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think you will only get an argument out of a Yank with their head up their own backside.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How much more obvious can it get?
- US dropping ammunition for all in battle field.
- US Trained Rebels who eventually left to join ISIS with US supplied arms.
- Ineffective US airstrikes against IS
- US Concerned about Assad government more than ISIS

In short, like the others have said the answer would be an indirect "Yes" from information we already know. If there is anyone responsible for the creation directly, then look at the actions of US and it seems likely that IS is a by product of a US-Isreal coalition.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
I think you will only get an argument out of a Yank with their head up their own backside.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
of course not....they murder hundreds of thousands of their own people, those extremists are now in Africa murdering African natives, they have a stranglehold on Malaysian people as far as what god they can worship and how to live their lives. they are in Pakistan shooting Pakistani's, only huge Pakistan military responses have kept them at bay. they are in Yemen killing natives there...and something the media is not talking about, Russia's problem with them along their southern border......carnegie.ru...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Looks like afte almost 8 years Obama grew a brain cell and has decided US soldiers need to stay in Afghanistan... lol. One day he will know why Americans need the 2nd amendment too. What a tool. Tool N chief.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth

just coming down to your level, mate.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

That's a good question. Did we create them....no. did we have a big hand in them being what they are yes. Or in the case it ISIS did we facilitate it? Yes. How often do we not get told to get bent after arming/training in these situations? We may get "stabilization ".From say 53 to 79 somewhere but how often do we not get bitten and paying for it? Perception on my part.....possible

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have said this before and here I go again .....war on drugs = more drugs, war on poverty =more poor people , war on terrorism = more terrorist . take any of the political memes and you end up with more of what they decided to go to war against . weather crime , education or any of the social issues they make as a problem when they take a stance they end up creating more problems ....war on taxes is one that happens every darn election but we keep being taxed more even that they tell us we will pay less . But yea op sure why wouldn't they have done that .

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

That's a good question. Did we create them....no. did we have a big hand in them being what they are yes. Or in the case it ISIS did we facilitate it? Yes. How often do we not get told to get bent after arming/training in these situations? We may get "stabilization ".From say 53 to 79 somewhere but how often do we not get bitten and paying for it? Perception on my part.....possible

damn....when are people going to blame the Muslim extremists?.....these extremists are 12 century barbarians, who don't give a rat's ass about you or me....every westerner, and quite a few Muslims, would be killed if they had the chance to do it.....

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thos that have unleashed this monster have a big knuckle sandwich waiting for them

IN HELL!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The answer is "yes".

But the real question is: Was it a matter of unintended consequences or was the whole thing deliberate?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
The answer is "yes".

But the real question is: Was it a matter of unintended consequences or was the whole thing deliberate?

Deliberate Moresby, deliberate, it was planned all alone...

Link

“We’re going to take out seven countries in 5 years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran” –

General Wesley Clark. Retired 4-star U.S. Army general, Supreme Allied
Commander of NATO during the 1999 War on Yugoslavia .

Gen. Wesley Clark Weighs Presidential Bid: “I Think About It Everyday”

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Thos that have unleashed this monster have a big knuckle sandwich waiting for them

IN HELL!

Nah I want to punish them here.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

damn....when are people going to blame the Muslim extremists?.....these extremists are 12 century barbarians, who don't give a rat's ass about you or me....every westerner, and quite a few Muslims, would be killed if they had the chance to do it.....

Simple. Blame them for what they do, but overlooking anything we could quit doing to prevent it in the future should be pointed out. Will it stop it? Probably not. Should we continue with arming/training, considering results maybe not.

In the meantime the Muslim extremes can quit with the shootings, the head choppings, rapes, bombs. We all have a part in this and two smart moves would be to quit arming and training, to prevent us from fighting the people we trained and financed. Ounce of prevention.

Amazing, some threads I am being anti Islam and my favorite racist. Now I'm not critical enough, especially considering the title.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Good point! I think that there is a high probability that it was done intentionally. I can not bring myself to believe that the leaders of the US are completely unaware of the blowback that their foreign policy creates

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join