It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Sasquatch?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mithrawept
Perhaps whoever filmed this could stake out the area in an attempt to spot the Sasquatch again and properly investigate.

Certainly, if it was a real Sasquatch, I would have to wonder where the hell it's going, wandering around in an obviously barren part of the mountain. Considering how smart and elusive the thing is supposed to be, as well as how much it has to eat a day to sustain itself, I tend to think it would stick to less exposed areas with more resources. Wandering around remote areas where there isn't much food sounds like something we crazy humans do for recreation. Maybe somebody filmed Les Stroud wandering around.
edit on 14-10-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The problem is the guy who claims it was him hikes with no pack I think. Good catch at any rate.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The Yeti are seen at times above the snowline. Maybe it's a shortcut to an area they frequent?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cryptic0void

A couple of things come to mind. What makes them think it could not be a person? They keep saying we are in the middle of nowhere, yet, they are there. Also I question if the video is not edited and they are not really there. The one guy is on top of a freezing mountain in the snow and wind and he is in short sleeves?. Something odd about the video.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

This video was taken in BC in April. Just because there is snow on the ground doesnt mean it was cold out, its the spring. If you ever go to the mountains in Western Canada in April you definitely do not always need a jacket. If you go skiing/snowboarding in Western Canada during April you usually need a jacket for the morning, but by the time the afternoon rolls around you are boiling inside that jacket. These guys had just hiked to the top of a mountain and were likely feeling very warm. Nothing unusual about it.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

I think you are reading too deep as to them not being there, I'm going with honest intent.
What would be revealing is to have them interviewed as to what they were seeing and did they think it was a sasquatch and why. You would think human eyes are superior sensors to a poor quality camera.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Too bad they filmed it from so far away. Hard to say what that dot was. It would be strange if it were a human heading the way it was heading. A bear? Sasquatch? I have no idea. Interesting.

We have a lot of smart cookies in here, someone might come along with a different perspective or observation.

I am quite familiar with the area...its truly wild
Up past squamish and onto Whistler and mount Garibaldi...its also a real slog even with snowshoes
And decent K2 climbing boots.

Based on the frame rate of the video which can
Be either 24 frames per second or 29.97 fps
And calculating the distance covered per frame
From actual survey measurements taken in the
area, the humanoid was moving between 7 mph
up to 11 mph (9 kmh to over 17 kmh) which is
Quite IMPOSSIBLE for humans to keep up for the
Time period measured and in THAT terrain.

Even humans using climbing skins would have a hard time to keep that speed UP a hill in the snow !!!

This creature was clearly walking....and NOT using
A hiking assist technology such as skins....

...ALSO based upon angle, height and distance
As calculated from survey data and approximate climbing / stoop angle I estimate the humanoid
to be OVER 9 feet tall to as much as 12 feet tall !!!

This is assuming that the British Columbia Goverment mapping and satellite survey data
is correct for that area which my trig calculations
Are based upon...

The only TRULY known thing is the frame rate
Of the video which in itself tells quite a lot...
For best accuracy a laser survey stick would
Give me the real story giving TRULY accurate
Distance and angles...anybody willing to get me some laser measurements from the original vantage point ??? I can calculate the rest from there....

The height is a very very rough estimate
And could be affected by a large pack...but
to me it's the speed of movement that seals
the deal for me...how many people can run
that fast in snow or ice up a pretty steep
Incline....???

edit on 2015/10/16 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

And depending if the video camera is recording
At 720x480 pixels DV NTSC or at 1280 x 720
Low HD or 1440 x 1080 SemiHD or full
1920 x 1080 Pixels Full HD you can also
make an approximate Height calculation
if you know distance and angle to tell you how
many feet each pixel represents horizontally
and vertically. If i knew the model and make of
The camera i can also use the lens characteristics
And CMOS imaging chip characteristics to get an even more exact answer as to size and speed.

It's Trigonometry and Science...which will
Prove or disprove this video....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Way to easy to stage that...Could easily be a human walking up it and their freind.They cannot or do not even zoom in on it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Only reason I need to say it's fake...if I were getting footage at the moment of what could very well be Bigfoot and if not, human and I was doing so from an open peak with a valley below, I'd simply shout HELLOOOOOOO! AND wave. Any human hearing that echoing loudly through the valley would naturally react by stopping, looking about,and waving back. Then it'd be much easier to move toward Bigfoot or man (unless he's just a grump who doesn't wave). The fact they didn't try to get his attention to see his reaction is a big red flag.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Who knows, could be. But it could also be staged, but I doubt its just some guy wondering around in that part of the mountains, not without back pack and gear tent and all, your not likely to be walking very far in a day in that even if it is spring, and come night, oh ya, not going anywhere.

I take it by the guy who is next to the guy filming being in a shirt they must have a camp nearby. So you never know, to bad they did not bring binoculars to get a better look at whoever or whatever it is walking around down there, because the zoom on that camera is not cutting it for whatever they were doing up there binoculars are a must.

It looks like tricouni peak is at least 5.5 miles from the highway, and in that terrain, its quite a hike to even get there, not to mention of the literally hundreds to thousand of miles of nothing but mountains region, and woodlands around you, it seems like not a place one would just be walking along by for fun without any gear at all. The guy in the other link who said its3 him and that he goes on week long hikes in that area and without backpack or anything, must be on some strong stuff, that! or be from krypton and superman because a few days or even a night out there without a tent or essentials and you would likely be an icicle, and quite dead, even for the hardiest of humans.

Ah who knows what or who it is, could be a hoax, video evidence is proof of nothing as anything can be made or created on video. But then again, if somebody was just trudging along out there going in a direction of what looks like at least on google maps of thousands of miles of more of the same type of landscape, mountainous snowy regions, well it just may be Bigfoot or Sasquatch or something not quite human.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
Should have! Could have! But then again, when your on top of a snow topped mountain peak, screaming at the top of your lungs HELLOOOOOO! and waving may not be the best of ideas. Not sure how prone to avalanches that peak is, but I would not test it if I were them since its likely they would be the ones sliding on down the mountain then.

Besides, even if it was human and turned around and waved back, it would still be nothing but a black dot at those distances and even with the camera they had it would be hard to tell if it was waving back or not. Besides even it was human, what would they do, shout back to each other over those distances asking how there doing and which way is nearest town?

Either way if it was some sort of prank and they got some guy or part of there crew, to go down there so they could say they filmed Bigfoot, it would likely take him more then a few hours if not the rest of the day to climb back up to the peak there at from that location that supposed Bigfoot was at. Even that little hike is more then most people are willing to do just to pull off a prank. But who know eh?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

You can cover many miles in a day 8-12, but you can't live at that altitude without bringing in food, and you can't sleep at night without going hypo thermic without either a bag and or shelter, so you would have to be carrying something.
I would like to get the eye witness accounts, but maybe they can't see that well, either. Lesson: get a glass lens with at least 10X to 20X optical zoom, not digital and stabilize your shot with a tripod or some other way. You get a ski pole mount.
Then again you mat not have know you were going to be filming anything cryptic.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

You can cover many miles in a day 8-12,

You could cover many miles in that type of terrain in days, but you would have to be prepared for it and for the trip back as well, whoever it was in the vid walking around down there did not look to even have a pack and going in the wrong direction toward more nothing like the guys in the vid said...So who know, take your pick I suppose.

but you can't live at that altitude without bringing in food, and you can't sleep at night without going hypo thermic without either a bag and or shelter, so you would have to be carrying something.

Well days marching you would need all that anyways. As for living there, does not look like a place that would be to hospitable to a lone man or woman or even a tribe of them. The video can be anything, its either fake and they just did it for kicks on the internets or they just randomly filmed a guy walking around there, I mean for all you know his camp could have been on the otherside of the ridge and there could have been more people there but it was all out of sight. Or it could be bigfoot taking a stroll around in the miles and miles of snow and cold for the fun of it.

Lesson: get a glass lens with at least 10X to 20X optical zoom, not digital and stabilize your shot with a tripod or some other way. You get a ski pole mount. Then again you mat not have know you were going to be filming anything cryptic.

The truth is the less gear you have to carry around the better off you would be. All of that does sound like a bother to carry up a peak for what looks like just a bunch of guys doing it for fun, or some binoculars for croms sake, there not that heavy to carry around and I think at the least would be essential even on such a fieldtrip. But some better equipment with a higher zoom would have solved this story of the mysterious bigfoot or man just walking around down there.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

I like it, Science....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join