It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help finding info on US Stealth Suit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I remember a couple of years ago, either I first heard it from someone or the news. I heard that Our government was about six month's away from completing a stealth suit that uses plants and gene technology to make the suit work. Then about six months later it was public knowledge when I saw it on the news. I remember year before that when I saw that scientists had mixed the genes of a firefly and a plant to make a glowing plant. My only theory on the stealth suit is that amybe they are using some kind of flexible LCD suit and the stuff that makes plants green (chlorphyll?) to react to it's environment. Or just some special fabric like those shirts that react to body heat when you taoudh them. Anyways, could you help me get more info on this show I can show to people I bring the subject up to. Someone yesterday asked me if I was a conpiracy theorist. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That's sketchy. No one has replied though it was in the news for all to know, public knowledge. Maybe they tried to make people forget but I won't.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I read about a cape that has been developed in Japan that reflected light there by making the wearer somewhat invisible, i think. Is that the kind of thing you meant? If you do a search it should turn up a thread about it.
As for a US stealth suit, I'm sure something like that is in development. The holy Grail of camouflage is total invisibility after all.

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I remember the Japanese cape, along with pic, that later turned out to be a hoax. Wouldn't be surprised if one was in development, but am cynical as to whether the technology yet exists.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i too heard and saw the cape on TV.. I think it works like those new Paper screens which are coming out... But mixing plant and animal genes to create new plants sounds impossible to me... (i have quite a bit of knowledge in plants, thru hobbies)

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I didn't say anything about animal genes. It was in the news a couple of year ago. They have supposedly taken the genes of a plant to make a suit that must react to it's environment. It wasn't like the jacket that Japanese guy wore I read about in Wired magazine. He just wore this jacket and had a camera on his back and a projection would appear on the front of his jacket that was from whatever the camera picked up behind him. The suit I heard about from a total stranger then in the news when our government supposedly made it about six months after I had first found out about it uses gene technology by taken genes from a plant to make the suit camoflaged. What is the thing in plants' that makes them get there green color?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You said firefly in your first post... i class all insects as animals too?

chlorophyl is the chemical which makes plants green i believe.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Wired magazin article said that to have a totally stealt suit/cloak you need mini lcd panels or the like, a power supply strong enough so one could pass in front of the sun and still not be seen and cameras pointing in the directions up, down, forward, backwards, left and right.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I didn't mean to confuse you. I was just making an example where scientists' had years before I heard about the stealth suit, mixed the genes of a plant and a firefly to make a plant that glows. This has nothing to do with what they have supposedly done with the genes of a plant to make a suit that can make the wearer camoflaged.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I know the glowing plant is true because I saw it on a learning channel or something. They even showed a picture of the glowing plant. I wish you could do a Vulcan Mind Meld so you too could see what I have seen on T.V.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien347ad
I didn't mean to confuse you. I was just making an example where scientists' had years before I heard about the stealth suit, mixed the genes of a plant and a firefly to make a plant that glows. This has nothing to do with what they have supposedly done with the genes of a plant to make a suit that can make the wearer camoflaged.
I mean it does have something to do with a stealth suit because they were both made by using the genes of a plant to make something new.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
oh right, misread your post... that plant would be extremely cool to see tho if you can find a link

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'll do a google search right now. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here's info on the glowing plant.

www.uark.edu...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien347ad
Here's info on the glowing plant.

www.uark.edu...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

A few years ago the US ARMY NATC R & D guys were in charge of the development of a "Stealth Suit". Good luck find much info on it.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well we can get some info that they are infact working on a type of Optical camo for Future soldiers, but they are keeping it pretty much under wraps other then that.

We can look at some other people to get a idea of what it might be like Professor Susumu Tachi of Japan. But we have to remember this guy dosen't have US DOD money behind his research either.

As for how the Military version will work I have heard of Light reactive dyes and also heard it described something like a plasma screen.

About the plant with the firefly genes it only glows under a certain type of light. They also made a fish that does the same thing that you can even buy them in the US.

www.mongabay.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
as a member of the US Army i can tell you that it will be standard issue to soldiers in combat zones and especially for snipers....its mainly used for areas with aircraft surveillence.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
I remember the Japanese cape, along with pic, that later turned out to be a hoax. Wouldn't be surprised if one was in development, but am cynical as to whether the technology yet exists.

Really? Perhaps you can point me to the thread that debunked it?

Here's a link to the Japanese cloak/stealth jacket (if anyone's interested).

projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp...

check out those videos... Its pretty amazing.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by SevenZer0]

[edit on 26-1-2005 by SevenZer0]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I know of a general purpose combat suit for 2020 shown to congress. Its said to be almost bullet proof, and almost undetectable by thermal goggles. Try to use google to find it, I know it was at www.gizmag.com its in the section of military hardware.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join