It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This guy reported on his YouTube channel that he was in Seattle yesterday, and would be there a few days. I sure hope this is not someone trying to mess with this guy...or it really is him.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

Well the ones that agree with the law maybe.
My personal speculation is those are the people that probably wouldn't carry into a school anyway, without a sign.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

why attack you?

Those are legit questions. It's not about the tool used. It's about why these people feel the need to do what they're doing.

I'm in total agreement. I own several firearms. I have a concealed carry permit, so I'm carrying, if not all the time, certainly fairly often. Yet, oddly enough, I feel no great desire to shoot up a school, or a McDonalds...

No, you are dead on, there is something else going on.

Society? Drugs? Mental Illness? Even brain-washing. Or a nasty combination of some, or all, of these. Environmental?

At this point, seemingly, God alone knows, 'cause we certainly don't.

link   
Since this was a 'gun Free Zone' why wasn't there anything put in place to enforce that...metal detectors, security guards...etc.?
How could this shooter have made it onto the campus with a gun, if it was designated a 'Gun Free Zone'?
Certainly, any nut-case or terrorist intent on going onto campus to kill a lot of students...probable isn't too concerned about violating the 'Gun Free' rule.
Furthermore, legally, if a school has a 'Gun Free' label and a shooter gets through, isn't the school also liable for damages?

My point is...what the hell is the purpose of 'Gun Free Zone' labeling in the first place, beyond some political statement?

At the very least, labeling an institution a 'Gun Free Zone' would only encourage a potential terrorist or other lunatic shooter to select that place as a target, by allowing him to assume that he'd meet no armed resistance to his intended killing spree.

link   
Tensions are rising everywhere. My heart goes out to all those affected, those who died, and all of us for this downward trend in morals and values as a society. Is it just too many people, higher CO2 levels (which cause psychosis) , or something else? We need a peace embassador who resonates with all at this point. God or whoever is up there, I think we could use some help.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was wondering what distraction the media would provide from the embarrassment in Syria.

Wallah…

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Give it a rest. It's as common as common sense gets.

Maybe you think it is, I just don't get why schools got shot up before we had those labels too.

Strange.

We can see on these boards all the time that the staunch gun owners don't care about those signs either and carry anyway.
So it goes both ways.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

They agree because i said US vs Outside US, there is a clear picture that mass shootings do not happen outside the US even though they take the same medicine.

As i said, the people are mentally ill...Thats the problem not the medication, and an easy access to guns just add to the problem.

The real problem is the doctors, and the health care system, they give the wrong medication, which then have no effect on the ill person, it's a lack of proper treatment.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I was wondering what distraction the media would provide from the embarrassment in Syria.

Wallah…

Wow!! I hadn't thought of that, but you are so right!

link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: starfoxxx

from Ar15.com research. the sicko's on 4chan.

boards.4chan.org...#-he-#ing-did-it

archive.moe...

Read it before it is deleted.

twitter.com...
Members on @4chan are reporting that Toby Reynolds (Eggman on 4chan) is the shooter #UCCShooting #NotAnotherOne

Geez, what a group of trolls. I guess shootings like this are just trolling in 3D to them, huh?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmuck

I cannot fathom why nobody turned the guy in. I am not for reporting people because they are a different faith, or they are strange, but actual threats to the northwest...and then the nerve of some people to encourage him and offer up ideas on how to do it right?

this guy is a little puke, I hope he gets his neck broken right quick, and does not remain a burden to tax payers. As for the pukes that encouraged him, I hope that they will receive some punishment of some kind.

Thanks for posting the link, though I must admit that reading through that makes me feel sick.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
I agree with your first point, if you are going to have the label then have steps to enforce it.

We need to get rid of them so people can stop shifting the blame from the guy who decided to pull the trigger and kill the people.

We are to busy focusing on this stupid label and the politics behind it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't know why it doesn't happen more often, if mental illness of some sort is the root cause. Glad it doesn't more often.

Now let's say only 0.0001% is a brainwashed MK Ultra victim...

That could explain the minimal attacks.

Generally speaking, I'm somewhat dismissive of this... But, yes, it would explain just how few, relatively speaking, there are, so it's something to consider, I suppose. Scary as it is...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Sincerity is easily detectable in the voice if you are sensitive enough to tone; which I am. If I saw you smiling and laughing, it would not matter, because there would be many other hints in combination with those two actions that would determine the level of your sincerity; including your voice, phrasing, tone, cadence, etc.

Humans give off very subtle hints of sincerity and insincerity. You have just been so programmed into the left-brain world you forgot how to notice it. Now is skepticism still allowed on this site? Am I allowed to question? Am I allowed to voice my opinion? Do not assume me as the authority on the subject, and then use that same assumption to attack skepticism. Skepticism that is justified considering the deceptive nature of the media, and the deceptive nature of our government.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777

This guy reported on his YouTube channel that he was in Seattle yesterday, and would be there a few days. I sure hope this is not someone trying to mess with this guy...or it really is him.

No idea, just relaying what was posted elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Make a list of school shootings since the 1950's. Then make a list of school shootings prior to that, when there were no 'gun-free' zones.

Ask yourself which list is longer.

Or you could take my word for it, because I'm right: gun-free zones are nothing but a target to these people.
edit on 1-10-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
from Ar15.com research. the sicko's on 4chan.

boards.4chan.org...#-he-#ing-did-it

archive.moe...

Read it before it is deleted.

twitter.com...
Members on @4chan are reporting that Toby Reynolds (Eggman on 4chan) is the shooter #UCCShooting #NotAnotherOne

It's in Wayback Machine as well in case anyone else is searching for it...

Wayback links do not work in posts here on ATS though...

edit on 1-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Moderator Note:

Please do not post photo's of anyone until you have a valid source to link.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

Toby
edit on 1-10-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/1/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That thread is the most screwed up thing I have ever seen. And I have seen....a lot.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: opethPA

Sincerity is easily detectable in the voice if you are sensitive enough to tone; which I am. If I saw you smiling and laughing, it would not matter, because there would be many other hints in combination with those two actions that would determine the level of your sincerity; including your voice, phrasing, tone, cadence, etc.

Humans give off very subtle hints of sincerity and insincerity. You have just been so programmed into the left-brain world you forgot how to notice it. Now is skepticism still allowed on this site? Am I allowed to question? Am I allowed to voice my opinion? Do not assume me as the authority on the subject, and then use that same assumption to attack skepticism. Skepticism that is justified considering the deceptive nature of the media, and the deceptive nature of our government.

You can be skeptical all you want..its a forum and it's a forum that has a lot of hard core conspiracy types that see a nefarious plot in every single event ever. I just never understood the common conspiracy approach, not in anyway saying that is what you did or are doing, that someone just involved in a traumatic event isn't acting the way I think they should so that must mean they are faking it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join