It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
IF he was still active why have them standing around the campus

IF HE WAS NOT active and the guy was down/ in custody then why stopping these kid's and messing with them with what they just went through.

Probably because the real world doesn't happen on a TV shows time line where everything is nice and neat.
Communication chains break, equipment breaks, information changes and more often then not people respond to what they are being presented.
edit on 1-10-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

IF HE WAS NOT active and the guy was down/ in custody then why stopping these kid's and messing with them with what they just went through.

Seriously, you are actually asking that?

The answer lets face it is to make sure that there is not a second shooter just waiting to pull a gun out of his/her bag and shoot up the rest of the kids as they leave the police lines.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Some years ago I didn't feel that my (fairly mild) anti-depressant was helping much. My doctor (who was a psychiatrist, but basically a pill-pusher) prescribed Effexor. I took two and I felt strongly if I continued to take them I'd end up with a semi-automatic going postal at some McDonalds. Scared me badly. So they were DUMPED immediately.

Went back to my mild A/D. I decided I would much rather feel mildly depressed than suicidal or psychotic.

But, unfortunately, many people don't recognize their feelings changing...and sometimes they just think that their health care professional knows what he/she is doing...so they don't question. These types of drugs can be an absolute life saver.....on the other hand, they need to be prescribed carefully and the patients monitored constantly.....but that doesn't always happen.

(And, for the record, I never bought that semi-automatic....)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Not all schools are "gun free"

johnrlott.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: starfoxxx
www.cnn.com...

PRELIMINARY REPORTS OF 10 KILLED, 20 INJURED IN SHOOTING AT COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN OREGON, STATE POLICE SPOKESMAN SAYS.

Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

The reports suggest that the shooter has been detained, he said.

Earlier, authorities told CNN they were responding to reports of an active shooter at the Roseburg college campus.

Another MASS school shooting this is a big one folks..

More news just coming in now
------------------------------------
UPDATE UP TO 15 DEAD
ktla.com...

At least 15 people were reportedly killed after an active shooter was spotted at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College.

Preliminary information indicated 10 people were killed and more than 20 were injured, Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate told CNN.

TV station KATU later reported 15 people were killed, according to state police.

Wow...that is a lot of people. What is it about schools that attracts these maniacs? I just don't get it. Are they THAT wrapped up in what is going on at school?

Messed up....RIP to all those souls.

It was a "Gun free zone"
All schools in the USA are Gun free zones by law. This makes killing people easy when they won't be shooting back. Thank our legislators for it. They helped. NSA probably mind controlled someone, or someone decided to be a serious a-hole..

Even without gun free zones, most students probably wouldn't carry. I do though. No one should obey a law that removes your right to self defense.

There are colleges in the US where you can legally conceal carry handguns, along with legally keep long guns. My friend goes to a college in MT and his dorm building has a large community safe where you can keep long guns.
edit on 1-10-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I blame the empty self-esteem movement.

Kids are sheltered, coddled, given trophies just for breathing and then they get into the real world and find out they actually have to achieve things and work hard too.

There was a relevant bit on the radio this morning about how college psychiatrists and psychologists get kids who need counseling because they can't cope with anything. Something as simply as having a mouse in their apartment can send them over the edge. That's how bad it's gotten with our kids.

I think you're right.

Kids lives' today are devoid of...childhood. Uninvolved parents, effortless 'accomplishment,' over-sheltering, smart phones at birth...it's all bound to affect those malleable young brains.

The internet has changed the way I see the world. Looking back, I am grateful to have spent my early years without it.

link   
a reply to: charolais

This community college is a 'Gun Free Zone'.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: crazyewok
Why does this keep happening in the USA?

Mass murder is trending these days? I hope it's not contagious.

But why only in the USA?

It's cultural, Americans love violence, look at our games/sports, turn on the TV and there is a simulated murder every 15sec., America is a warrior nation and the strong settle their differences with violence. Sissyfied individuals are not worthy of attention, compassion etc. and sometimes they lash out in crazy, pointless violence. Anyone that thinks kids don't learn behavior from video games just hasn't studied the literature.

rkba.org...

Domestic abuse is epidemic in America and the kids in those families copy what they see.

Couple easy access to firearms in an inherently violent culture....What do you expect?
edit on 1-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: charolais

This community college is a 'Gun Free Zone'.

I know I am just pointing out that not all colleges are, as NoCorruptionAllowed had stated in his post.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah, I remember when Fox interviewed a person who claimed to live in my apartment building after an attempted murder suicide.... the person was the camera mans girlfriend, and did not live there. DON'T trust anything till the dust settles.

Again suppressors are not that good, well not the type you get on non custom weapons.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I heard the state police on CNN saying they have to check everyone going out in case they were involved and trying to "blend in to escape in plain sight." CNN also reporting the shooter was sending "social media" conversations back and forth this morning. Now Jonathan Gilliam CNN's ,I don't know, "expert Navy Seal commentator"? Is telling the world we shouldn't pay attention to reports about social media and all reports of this should be taken "with a grain of salt". He is also saying it was reported that the shooter was "neutralized" and -according to him- that typically means dead. Well I'd like to hear who, exactly, they were "interrogating the hell out of"-Oregon State Police via CNN TV. then! Perhaps other suspicious looking students?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Another day, Another shooting in the good old US of idiots!!

Americans are just so awesome!!

Watch people on here defend their stupid gun rights

That attitude does nothing to solve the problem

The second amendment is not stupid, in my view its dated, not stupid.

calling people idiots just cuts of any meaningful dialogue before it even gets started.

link   
DP
edit on 1-10-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Did people not shoot people before that?

Lets stop trying to blame others and just take the simple answer that a guy snapped and decided to shoot people.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Why, yes, yes I will.

Just not here.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Yeah, I remember when Fox interviewed a person who claimed to live in my apartment building after an attempted murder suicide.... the person was the camera mans girlfriend, and did not live there. DON'T trust anything till the dust settles.

Again suppressors are not that good, well not the type you get on non custom weapons.

You're right. The same news just reported other students heard the shots.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Gun lobby arguments aside there needs to be a national conference on this in your country incidences of where 4 or more people get shot have skyrocketed yes overall crime and murder may be down but mass shootings are not.FBI law enforcement,mental health professionals,and even if dragged there the NRA all have to get together and try to identify whether this is societal,economic,pharmaceutical or whatever then come up with some way to stop the crazies purchasing weapons legally.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The point being that if it wasn't then someone with a gun would have stopped him?

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

When I was growing up I had a rough childhood. I always told myself that any children I had would not have it so rough. I saw all the coddling as a good thing. But then I had to change my position. Children do need to have safety nets in place but they should be allowed to fail and succeed on their own.

Like others have said. The world is harsh. And we need to prepare our kids for that reality. It would be nice if everything was perfect but it is not.

edit on 1-10-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join