It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US judge clears Saudi Arabia in 9/11 lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I found this today looking through the news, I had known about this case and I am personally a strong advocate of the belief that the Saudi state played a criminal role in the 9/11 attacks that is being consistently covered up to protect political interests.

A US judge has dismissed Saudi Arabia as a defendant in lawsuits brought by families of victims of the 9/11 attacks.

The judge said there was insufficient evidence linking the gulf country to the 2001 attacks, which killed nearly 3,000 people.

BBC News

Not the first time this has happened, probably won't be the last as victims families continue to pursue the Saudi state. What i also found quite interesting was this:

Lawyers in the cases frequently referenced the September 11 Commission's report, which they said supported their argument that Saudi Arabia had been the primary funding source for al-Qaeda.

Lawyers for Saudi Arabia argued that the report did not implicate the Saudi government or individual Saudi officials.

So the Saudi's are arguing that the report does not direct any blame at them directly and therefore cannot be held accountable for 9/11 under the accusation they provide support for the terrorists and as such they have been cleared.

This is a joke!

Almost everyone who research's this subject will know that while yes the 9/11 commission report does not directly blame the Saudi state, there is the mystery of the redacted 28 pages which are widely believed to prove that members of the Saudi government played a direct role in the attacks. Obama should be fighting to have these 28 pages declassified so that these families can get the justice they deserve.

It is a mockery to the justice system that the Saudi's continue to get these cases dismissed in the courts when the American government is essentially with holding evidence that could provide proof of their involvement.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Here is a relevant article from April.

nypost.com...

How the FBI is whitewashing the Saudi connection to 9/11

It discusses a particular case in which a Saudi family was investigated for ties to 9/11:

The Saudi-9/11 connection in Florida was no small part of the overall 9/11 investigation. Yet it was never shared with Congress. Nor was it mentioned in the 9/11 Commission Report. Now it’s being whitewashed again, in a newly released report by the 9/11 Review Commission, set up last year by Congress to assess “any evidence now known to the FBI that was not considered by the 9/11 Commission.” Though the FBI acknowledges the Saudi family was investigated, it maintains the probe was a dead end.

It is an ongoing cover-up by powers that permeates every branch and level of the US Government.

The articles mentions the 28 redacted pages of the Commission Report:

“The 28 pages primarily relate to who financed 9/11, and they point a very strong finger at Saudi Arabia as being the principal financier,” he said, adding, “I am speaking of the kingdom,” or government, of Saudi Arabia, not just wealthy individual Saudi donors.
Sources who have read the censored Saudi section say it cites CIA and FBI case files that directly implicate officials of the Saudi Embassy in Washington and its consulate in Los Angeles in the attacks — which, if true, would make 9/11 not just an act of terrorism, but an act of war by a foreign government."

edit on 1-10-2015 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

Yeah i have read that before.

If you are interested I wrote quite a in depth thread on The Saudi 9/11 Connection a few months ago that references your article and also quite a few others that you might find interesting.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
It is a mockery to the justice system that the Saudi's continue to get these cases dismissed in the courts when the American government is essentially with holding evidence that could provide proof of their involvement.

Of course the American government is withholding evidence! Outing the Saudi’s would cause the Saudi’s to out the American government.

Duh.

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
That is a comprehensive thread you wrote concerning the Saudi connection yo 9/11.

TextSo the Saudi's are arguing that the report does not direct any blame at them directly and therefore cannot be held accountable for 9/11 under the accusation they provide support for the terrorists and as such they have been cleared.

Lawyers in the cases frequently referenced the September 11 Commission's report, which they said supported their argument that Saudi Arabia had been the primary funding source for al-Qaeda. Lawyers for Saudi Arabia argued that the report did not implicate the Saudi government or individual Saudi officials.

There are insidious implications to this information.
The 9/11 Commission Report is the official government version of 9/11's events.
It may follow, therefore, that litigation citing information judges deem contrary to the Report- is categorically denied.

I am saying that the Report itself, may serve as a legal firewall to any challenges of the Official version of the Events.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Gosh Saudis found not to blame! Shocker!
Off to read your previous thread

Justice & Law don't apply to those at the top with the money

I don't know what it is that can make the most uncorruptable of people utterly corrupt when it comes to power and money

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

You hit it on the head, its likely that not one government in the western world has clean hands because major world incidents such as 9/11 probably needs an awful lot of coordinated info and assistance/expertise. I do doubt though that the Saudis are the only non-western group involved. Looking at the insurance on the buildings also seems incriminating to me.

9/11 appears to be a trigger date because especially since that date, Saudi seems to be wanting to spread Islam around the world b y its building mosques everywhere and sending its own people to run them. Its like a religious mafia but it also a brilliant way for them to collect information etc - were they involved of course.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

so the 28 mystery pages prove ur argument even though they cannot be seen by anyone instead of high ranking goverment officials? logic? i may be a simpleton but i dont see how this makes sense.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It depends on what the definition of "Saudi Arabia" is, because the House of Saud was definitely involved but given the propaganda has dumbed the population down so much, most idiots now think ISIS terrorists hijacked the planes and precision-flew them into buildings.

Oh man, this is too funny....and sad at the same time.

Global elite bloodlines dictate the scenario once more.

Q: Is or has there ever been any affiliation whatsoever between the Bush Family, the neocons, Oil and Gas majors and the House of Saud?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I wonder if the judge can ask to read the 28 pages and then make his ruling ? would he even want to. I'm betting he wouldn't touch it with a pole.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Take heart though these bloodlines are becoming so inbred they will simply die out and good riddance to them of rthe misery they have caused. I hope people start to recognise the damage they have done so the world and stop treating them like celebrities and start treating them like the greedy, criminals they all are.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You guys keep forgetting how large the Saudi family is.

The family is estimated to be composed of 15,000 members, but the majority of the power and wealth is possessed by a group of only about 2,000.

While it was a member of the family that financed 911, it wasn't the government itself.
You have to make the distinction between the two.

Would you want to be blamed for something your third cousin did?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

Of course the American government is withholding evidence! Outing the Saudi’s would cause the Saudi’s to out the American government.

Duh.
soulwaxer

Well, I'll leave out the Government for now in case any remarks about the government be considered as anti-American, and just deal with the 9/11 commission alone, which has grave flaws in it.
it did not include the testimony of former CIA director George Tenet to the commission in January 2004, in which he claimed to have given a specific warning to the Administration in a July 2001 meeting with Condoleezza Rice.

"Commission members Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton stated that they had not been told about the meeting. But the Boston Globe reported that "it turns out that the panel was, in fact, told about the meeting, according to the interview transcript and Democratic commission member Richard Ben-Veniste, who sat in on the interview with Tenet."
Yuh see? the head of the commission and a lacky told porkies, and elsewhere others on the commission complained about the pecking order on information. As for George Tenet, was he telling the truth or trying to save his own bacon? One of the most important evidences given to the commission...and it was left out of the report!

Those relatives should try some other means of testing the Saudis in court, the 9/11 commission report is compromised, and junk.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I wonder if the judge can ask to read the 28 pages and then make his ruling ? would he even want to. I'm betting he wouldn't touch it with a pole.

I was actually wondering the same thing, could the court just not demand to see the documents, even in a closed session.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
In case you folks forgot, who was the head of the 9/11 commission?

Ohhh right, Phillip Zelikow. Close personal friend of Condoleezza Rice. They even co-authored a book together.

The victims' families asked for Zelikow to step down but the request was denied.

Therefore I feel any reliance on the 9/11 commission report is pointless.

Sorry to say, but this entire court case is pointless. Many people from numerous nations were involved with executing 9/11. Yet, the U.S. had the most involvement by far.
edit on 1-10-2015 by AgarthaSeed because: Spelling error

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I was actually wondering the same thing, could the court just not demand to see the documents, even in a closed session.

somehow..I doubt it. But naively from my perspective...I always lie to my self that truth trumps any other interests. It is not so. Truth is like a retarded child...nobody really wants it, but if it comes to pass...you'll have to deal with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
No surprise here, if they go down, they will spill the beans on American involvement, they get to cover each other or go down together.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Damn those truthers when will they leave the US and its allies alone. Probably terrorists themselves.

Seriously though it isnt a matter of them going down. They are an extension of the US at this point to a greater extent than Israel. A US judge basically cleared the US.

However it is very well possible the families did not have the resources to dig up enough evidence. It would take an expert with enough access to the case to quantify the ruling in any meaningful way.

new topics

top topics

join