It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You should be ashamed' American woman says Vegemite is racist - because it's black!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Vegemite because its black like me and tastes good on toast and roast potatoes.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Strewth

Aha !

That might explain why I crave these cookies all the time... they're pink with freckles !

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
There is only one type of cookie I crave and it doesn't have pink chocolate vegemite in it. I am the cookie monster.

Try peeling potatoes then smothering them with vegemite then roasting them for an hour. Once you've tried black you'll never go back.

reply to: CranialSponge

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Are we entirely sure this wasn't satire?

I'm thinking this was satire.

The SJW types are completely nuts, and I wouldn't put this past them, but I'm getting a satire vibe.

Googled Cassidy Boon

These are the no-nonsense words of hysterically cold Cassidy Boon, a Canadian comedian who never slips up or laughs at her own jokes. Recently, Cassidy set the web on fire with a string of bizarre satirical videos and articles in which she coined the hashtag #SaveRape.

#SaveRape, or so it goes, is when a man rescues a woman from a perilous situation without asking her consent, touching her in the process, and thereby committing an act of rape. Cassidy claims to have been SaveRaped after drowning in the sea last year.

edit on 0120151020151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is all just satire. She makes a lot of "over the top" videos and articles. I find it quite funny.

She even wants to bring down Daredevil

link

Well the dang link won't work correctly. But she's just below the top story about "Sherlock"
edit on 1-10-2015 by mymymy because: link won't work

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Marmite because its the blackest.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
ATS is too smart to believe Snopes, or the mainstream media, or alternative media, so I don't actually know how I can convince anyone this story is BS.

Let's really look at it though. Remember kids, just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

Did you think the video was outlandish? If it aligned with your personal views or prove a point, did it seem too good to be true?

Can ATS stop snorting hot dogs for a minute?

Of course some BS is going to get through, we've ALL messed up, but come on. Page 2? Knowing the membership this will soon be flagged, starred, and the discussion is going to go on for countless pages.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

The OP says that its "provocative" satire in the first few lines. I thought the last picture summed it up that it shouldn't be taken seriously. That's what I took away from it anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
everyone wants that YT dolla.

This right here!

Girl knows exactly what she's doing, all about them views, I know a couple of Vegans who do the same #!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheForced

The OP says that its "provocative" satire in the first few lines.

I don't think the OP understood that, but I bet you just gave them an idea to spin it so it doesn't look like they completely missed the point.

I thought the last picture summed it up that it shouldn't be taken seriously.

But I think the OP intended that last pic to imply that... Screw it, I'm too lazy to pretend I'm this obtuse.

If OP has the character I think he does, he will admit this thread was a mistake and own it. We will give him a hard time for a few minutes, but come away still respecting him as long as he says "Oops".

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hahahaha, I think this fits nicely in your thread however I am not sure this ginger is using satire. Cheers

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

You may well actually be right, but growing up in Oz, there's only one salty yeast paste worth eating and that's Vegemite. Marmite lovers are few and far between. I think it's the British who like Marmite.
edit on 1-10-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Strewth

Frotrim!!

lol sorry couldn't help myself.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

gawd i hope he's kidding. Every Ginger in the Uk will have his hide, being british. lol

He obviously doesn't know every colour of the rainbow has been enslaved. White Black Yellow Red etc etc. Wow some people are so remarkably thick upstairs. Is this how they educate kids nowadays, to be completely thick?
edit on 10/1/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I couldn't stop laughing," I know I am not technically apart of the white race I am a ginger". Hahahaha, yea brother your white lol

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
OK, I have to be honest here...

I have no frackin idea what Vegemite is so I Googled it.

One site I found said that it has a strong Umami taste.

On 'Yahoo Answers' it says: "It tastes like fermented yeast that have died and puked..."

Another site describes as a semi-edible dark brown paste...

So why is this stuff popular only in Australia?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I know eh? like wow. Anglosaxon is the correct word i believe, and if Vikings from another time were transported into Ours, they'd think this forked up world was worse than Valhalla!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

lol, well i'll bet it beats the haggis they serve in Scotland.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I know this anomaly would say

again i say... why is it burning and why am i in this handbasket?
edit on 10/1/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I'm actually tempted to buy a jar of the stuff just to see what all the fuss is about, although I don't know if I can buy it here in Canada, I don't recall ever seeing it in the grocery stores ?

But if I buy a jar and it ends up tasting like crap, I'm blaming Sublimecraft for bringing up the subject and getting the thought in my head... I may even toss him a message in a bottle demanding my damn money back.

... or a case of beer, whichever is cheaper (I'm not fussy).

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join