It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the one thing we Humans excel at?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
We have advanced tools with which to commit violence.
I don't think we are the "best" at it in the animal kingdom.
Imagine a pissed off chimp that knew how to use a gun.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Nice try but no good.
you can not blame aliens or some thing else.
we are evil all by are selfs.

we teach are kids to like to smash and destroy.
we give them building blocks! nice ok so far.
then we get them to smash them dont and enjoy it more!

thing is most animals are bad!
all animals that kill for food have to do it.
ever seen a cat play with a mouse?

I think we evolved from some huter killer animal.
even apes like to kill ! look it up.
its just that humans are intelligent killers.

I Hate being a human.
I am not as evil as the rest of you.
some thing change in me.

edit on 24-9-2015 by buddha because: aliens made me do it

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have noticed that humans are territorial.
long ago small tribes fight the next tribe.
unless a big tribe comes in. then they both fight it.
on and on this goes untill you get a world war.
I dont know why it has been so quiet in europe.

but not for long, we are in for a HELL of a fight.
Immigrants !

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

What's the one thing we Humans excel at?

Breeding. Propagation of the species.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I don't know if excel is the proper word for it. No matter how experienced we are at or the proclivity we exhibit towards violence, excel is not the word that comes to mind, mesmerized maybe?

Personally, I think we are great at embellishment!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I think the breeding part quite possibly ties into the violence part. We keep on killing but good or bad it seems to make little difference to the overall population as we keep on multiplying. But the planet survives. Everything we ever need (notice I say need not want) is already here and there IS enough for everyone, but now we are "civilised" the greed to monetize our resources and capitalise on them and make more and more money to do the same over and over again seems to outweigh common sense and common decency, and when people kick up a fuss at what others are doing...we have war

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

A bonobo monkey dual wielding Kriss Super V tactical carbines, with two Kukri blades on a harness as secondary armaments would be the most terrifying foe imaginable. Fast, appallingly strong, prone to fury, and agile as all hell, not to mention the fact of them being small targets when compared to a fully armed and armoured Marine or special forces member.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Loss of inate powers. Thats plural. Which seems to indicate plural tamperings. Those could account for the other missing tamperings.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I was going to say telling stories but I see this is another Humans Are Awful Compared to Every Other Animal thread. Misanthropy is terribly trendy these days. There is an awful lot of information out there trying to convince us to hate ourselves, each other and our species as a whole. We are, after all, so very good at stories...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

No it isn't a humans are awful thread if you'd bothered reading it in its entirety. I was throwing it out for debate as to why and if we are inherently violent and the reasoning behind it

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I am not as evil as the rest of you.

You honestly believe you are the least evil person on this planet, or even this website? Sounds like you think you are nearing Godhood. Are you worthy of worship then? Maybe you should start a cult. Feed that vast ego of yours. Make yourself feel real good about yourself. Be above all others around you. Be showered with adoration and accolades, every day, multiple times a day. You! You! You! You can be like Most High...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

We are, after all, so very good at stories...

That's the unique difference between humans and other critters. The stories make us stand out as the only species with the ability to keep a collective history. And that is the springboard for our collective evolution of intellectual from trial and error and need versus want.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Its much simpler and less dramatic than that.

1. We are not manufactured as the perfect killing machines as we still age and are susceptible to harm nor do we have any type of exoskeleton. So I don't believe our DNA was modified to be a perfect set of soldiers.

The reason for global chaos is simple:
1. There is BIG money to be made during chaos. The military industrial complex (MIC) is a very large ,global , and powerful entity with no incentive to make peace, they get rewarded by wars and conflicts around the world.

2. Conflict of interests: Just like the MIC just about every Oligopoly has the power and money to create their own beneficial regulations within world gov'ts. Hence the laws are made to keep the people distracted from the truth. The truth is that dumb un united consumers are good consumers: Don't question just buy.

You want to fix than
1. Change things so the MIC gets compensated by world peace.
2. Change our lobbying laws and campaign contributions to prevent monetary influences .

Basically our form of reward system is not inline with what is best for humanity.
edit on 42930America/ChicagoFri, 25 Sep 2015 08:42:49 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I would think we excel at music (get schwifty- heh, look it up)... or maybe marketing.

We are soft, rather weak and almost devoid of sharp points ... so IF manufactured for some purpose, I'd guess we'd be better used as slaves and/or sex toys and/or entertainers... not killing machines, despite us operating from fear most of the time.

So we're more slaves than commandos.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

OMG! I'm a manufactured sex toy! oh well could be worse

I think we actually were created originally to be a fighting force. Even though we die, we are easily replaceable.

Maybe the 6 tampered with sections of our DNA were to do with creating a super force but wasn't finished. Maybe what Gary McKinnon found in the Pentagon files was true and we've always been fighting in this extra terrestrial fleet since we were created and that's why we are so afgressive and violent and seem to enjoy it

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Humans must be hard wired to create deities to worship and use as an excuse to kill those that worship something else.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So we're "god's" enforcers? Or, more precisely, perhaps just enforcers of whatever ideology happens to be programming us that day... or the most proximate one, anyway?

I can go with that... but the "sex slaves" comment from Phylida keeps running through my head... heh.

IF we were manufactured (or partially so), then I have a few design issues to discuss with our erstwhile "makers"... but that's likely the flu I have talking.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Destruction, to ourselves, the planet and every creature and plant on it.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Metropolis1927

Which could be seen as violence & aggression. We do destroy but we also create its a paradox really

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I'd hate to imagine what would happen to us if we were push-overs - probably enslavement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join