It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not sure if I understand the word "infinity"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

Infinity, zero: we use these concepts all the time, and yet there’s not a soul on this Earth who can honestly say they understand them. They just are. At least for now...

Do you speak on behalf of everyone or just yourself? What you really mean is that Our perspective is never accepted since we have no authority or tittel.

I could actually tell you a lot about the infinite, i have been doing it on ATS for years. But no one Accepts it because they cant Google it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Not according to people smarter than myself!

Energy cannot be created nor lost. That means the energy within me will always exist.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Infinity thy forever and always,

There standeth no greater and no smaller.

Indivisible, thou divideth anything to nothing.

Always thy forever and infinity.

"Now back to our regular programming!" Shoo ahhh ahh ahhhh!
edit on 21-9-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
Space may not be infinite. According to the big bang theory space started small and grew like a bubble. It is speculated if you traveled far enough and fast enough you could end up back where you started.

With that sort of speculation, one could almost ascertain that the universe is a round bubble, expanding outward from it's point of inception. Except, if the universe is expanding, why are all of the stars still where we think they should be? I know you will say the universe is expanding at a constant rate but I still think that would skew our views at some point since we are viewing them from on a sphere where the viewing angle would change with distance.

It is cool to think that you could theoretically do a circular route back to your start though.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

We only see the stars in our own galaxy, at least with our naked eyes. It's really the galaxies and clusters of galaxies that are moving away from each other.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
a reply to: evc1shop

We only see the stars in our own galaxy, at least with our naked eyes. It's really the galaxies and clusters of galaxies that are moving away from each other.

Okay, that makes a little more sense.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

edit on 23/9/15 by MasterKaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Infinity might as well be a loop like the figure 8 used to represent it, like Cyclic time paradoxes rather then an estimation or statistic of numbers.

Whats half of Infinity...In F'in Finity.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join