It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bubonic plague cases are on the rise in the US. Yes, really.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Thats not the one that worries me, its the stupid scientist trying to bring back to life 30000 year old virus, just to see what happens.

common virus such as H1N1 have 8 genes, this thing has over 500.

I swear they never watch sci-fi movies.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yeah, but those "localized events" can't always be localized so easily these days....
Spanish flu was one awesome event. I remember a few references to it from my biology classes but back when I was in school they hadn't many clues as to what actually caused it. They also never mentioned much about the biological warfare potentials in my classes back then. Stephen King got my full attention on that subject.
I got interested in the Spanish flu a few years ago when I saw the pattern of death it left in communities when I was doing some ancestry research. Six members of one family dying in one week caught my attention. Just about that time I came across a book written by a doc who had gone to Alaska and actually dug up some of the victims in an attempt to find out more about the disease. Now when I visit the old cemeteries I can sometimes spot the mortuary patterns produced by that outbreak. Lots of family cemeteries sprang up as a result of the high numbers of deaths and the fears of contagion.
The cultural impact of the Spanish flu is still being studied I'm sure but of the papers I've read, it certainly had far-reaching effects in the areas hardest hit.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Then go preach this overseas to ISIS....see how it works?
With soo many hateful people, we need to be decreased...before the love begins...
I admit, i may not make it to see that day, but i am not living in some fantasy....
We are not looking for signs of the end times, we just are able to recognize some of its traits...

Regards,
edit on th19Thu, 10 Sep 2015 07:19:22 -0500K201592230am9 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

This is completely absurd, "we need to be decreased" no we need to educated, and if you have seen my posts or my posting history, I am not at all supportive of extremism in any form. To hope for an end, is to deny the infrastructure and blood soaked freedoms humanity has given you. It is a treason to your brothers and sisters and children, to all of ours. Call it what you will, doctor it anyway that is suitable to your beliefs, however I will tell you it's dark and tainted as much as I'll tell anyone else that Has dark and tainted beliefs or actions.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Captain Trips is unknown to me. Have a mod check it out, if you like.

Those possibilities are future realities, my friend, just waiting for the right opportunity.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well actually, first case of Antibiotics is over 2000 years old

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

The Strep and Staph bacteria are part of everyone's skin flora. As long as they remain outside the bloodstream, they cause little to no medical issues. Introduce them into the blood and, well, you get to see all kinds of degreed "ologists".

Then your immune system works overtime trying to fight off these invaders along with the medical might from all those antibiotics mentioned in the OP and, again with the proper timing, whatever sneaky bug that lives on the doorknobs, chairhandles, stair rails at the medical facility you visit....you become host to whatever happens from there.

As I type this, Salmonella now has turned deadly . 240 effected and 2 dead. From cucumbers. A "self limited illness".

Virology and epidemiology needs brilliant minds.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tnhiker

The common flu has 11 genes.

They are playing with fire.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Have you heard about CREs? They are resistant to all of those medications you name. All that need happen is The Plague meet Ebola at a bar, have a few drinks and exchange body fluids for a few hours, then kiss goodbye and hop on separate planes going in different directions.

Not gonna happen. Plague is bacterial. Ebola is viral.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tnhiker
Thats not the one that worries me, its the stupid scientist trying to bring back to life 30000 year old virus, just to see what happens.

common virus such as H1N1 have 8 genes, this thing has over 500.

I swear they never watch sci-fi movies.

wow!
this post and the link could be a thread all its own.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
It is from a late '70s novel by Stephen King, The Stand. "Captain Trips" was the weaponized strain of flu which escaped a laboratory accidentally. Just the sort of thing this thread suggests....

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: NewzNose

Have you heard about CREs? They are resistant to all of those medications you name. All that need happen is The Plague meet Ebola at a bar, have a few drinks and exchange body fluids for a few hours, then kiss goodbye and hop on separate planes going in different directions.

Not gonna happen. Plague is bacterial. Ebola is viral.

Remember when if someone said a tomato and an octopus had interbred you would have said the same thing.....
Yeah, me too. But today it has happened, at least according to local farmer who told me he read about the mingling of the two in a lab in the quest for a longer-lasting ripe tomato. Just saying that what we once thought was impossible is no longer impossible.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seriously? You think they cannot mutate?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Having attended more than one "Grand Round" in my career, I am glad to see someone sees the light.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Thank you for the info. I've seen enough frightening realities in my life, I have steered clear of Mr. King. But my appreciation for your time is heartfelt.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
Yes, your reply brought forth a giggle from me. I've pretty much avoided Mr. King since---too hard to read and the last one I attempted, Misery, was full of dumb medical errors that any credible editor should have caught.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

They only care about the shock value no matter what mistruthes are presented as truth

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Plague is a disease you probably associate with the Middle Ages, when the "Black Death" killed 50 million people, wiping out most of Europe.

Not true. Overall, 33% of Europe died as result of the plague. In individual towns, 90-100% died, and sometimes only 10% died. I just finished reading a free book by JFC Hecker, translated by Babington.

But yes, in the Middle ages, it was common for people to be dead within 3 days of the first symptoms. In some (unconfirmed) cases, they were dead in 12 hours. Maybe from fright.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: boozo

wow #! I thought bubonic plague was from rats?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join