It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Will Be Shocked And Amazed By This Fact...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Humans are therefore no longer separated by developing races, but by breed.

Nope all humans can breed among the many different races creating new races of the same breed.

Simple biology.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Entirely pedantic and missing the point. Yes, we are one race. Yes, we are one species. In fact, we are so close to each other that there is more genetic variation WITHIN so-called races than BETWEEN them. Also, no one on earth is further away than 50th cousin. That's how close we are.

That doesn't mean there are no differences. There are huge differences in culture, which include social customs of all sorts, languages, world outlooks, etc. Many of those cultural differences are rooted in our genetic backgrounds, and that just happens to include skin color and other identifiable characteristics. Although the gene pool is a little more inter-mixed than it used to be, when people strayed only a mile or so from the homes of their birth, these characteristics were even more identifiable than they are now. For example, there was what was known as the "Florentine Face," where you could tell, just by looking, that someone was from Florence, Italy. People from Rome looked differently.

Nowadays it's easy to make assumptions and be entirely wrong. I went to a conference some years ago where there was a man and a woman attending a conference booth. The man was very black with black physical characteristics. The woman was very very blonde, and both were dressed in extremely sophisticated outfits. Both of them spoke impeccable English and were obviously well-educated. Both of them also had (to me) accents. I could not place the woman. She was obviously not of American extraction, sounded kind of British, kind of Australian, but neither was right. The black guy I pegged. He was from Brooklyn, New York, as his accent proved. The blonde woman grew up in what was then Rhodesia. So the white blonde was a literal native of Africa and the black man was a literal native of the United States.

So, here, in civilized places (and not all places in Western Civilization are civilized) we share a culture and a way of life. And people such as the OP feel compelled from time to time to point this out and tell us what we already know intuitively if not actually, that no one is further out than 50th cousin. And we give him flags for being so very insightful. Ahhhhh!

How nice.

But the fact is that some of these cultures in the world today, such as North Korea, could easily put the world into a nuclear war. ISIS, even though those nice folks really are my 30th cousins, wouldn't mind at all chopping off the heads of everyone here and turning the world into a theocratic Islamic state. And liberals, even though they are my 1st cousins and other close relatives, continue to be blinded by this idea of a kumbaya world that doesn't exist. The fact that we "all bleed red" has been known for hundreds of thousands of years and has never prevented any group from committing genocide against any other group if they happened to feel like it and had the wherewithal to do so. And those people who don't care about your liberal togetherness also don't give a flying crap about you wholesome ideas. It's Allah Akbar and that's the end of it, folks. Too bad you don't quite get that the fate of Western Civilization is at risk here.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Pouilleux

The elite's plan? Really? The elite make the human race be racist? Talk about passing the buck, whoever the elite are, the do not control me. They may control aspects of society but racism is not one of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You crack me up. Which is it? Are we races or species? Are we creating new species or new breeds? What difference does it make?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So how you were raised should just disappear? Just because someone decides to move to another country does not mean they have to give up their right to choose who and what they want to be does it? Doesn't really have to do with anything in the OP though.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

And yet here you are instilling your ridicule in an OP I wrote...The reminder is necessary obviously and you need it more than most, what gives you the right to insult me by assuming my identity? Mind your manners.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

You crack me up. Which is it? Are we races or species? Are we creating new species or new breeds? What difference does it make?

Exactly what difference does it make?

Some of this attempts at labelling ourselves is really playing into further dividing ourselves, and its quite hilarious just by observing.
edit on 9-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Exactly, and it depends on whether or not you are visiting or making a choice to live there. Living in a new country it is better for the person to learn the language and try to assimilate the culture, but it is not a requisite. Visitors should want to know as much as they can, but again not a requisite.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The race was metaphorical and it is suggesting that in each lifetime there is a finish line, not that it is a competition.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Give me a break you tool. And the color is Orange.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

And your instance that it is not an issue is the reason it is.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Charlie seems confused with the semantics and terminology... and rightly so!

charlie... in simple terms, i think humanity's current level of terminology in regards to certain aspects of nature (in this case, human phenotype) is still a bit murky. so there is confusion - hence the 'social' construct which is 'race'.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

a reply to: InnerPeace2012

And your instance that it is not an issue is the reason it is.

How so? Please enlighten me.
edit on 9-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Why should we drop it, for as long as we have been taught, we are IT.

Pretty bold presumption considering the 'teachers' have never been out of this star system.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The race was metaphorical and it is suggesting that in each lifetime there is a finish line, not that it is a competition.

Thats why they promote sports and at an early age. Competition against each other, teams, division. I think TPTB want us competing, infighting for their benefit. As long as we do, we can't organize or unite against them. Its one of those Matrix (ish) things I try to tell people about.

And there is no death only change, or some such. Shedding the husk like butterflies?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

THIS JUST IN...

Recently, in the midst of all the chaos that is Earthly...

With all the rhetoric surrounding racism, lately...

One fact has been ignored by most and it is presented with unequivocal evidence...

There is only one race on this planet we have to answer to...

It is not the White race...

It is not the Black race ...

It is not the Yellow race ...

It is not the Red race ...

It is not the Purple race ...

The Green race or even the Blue race ...

The only race is the HUMAN RACE and the finish line is in site...

As long as we insist on being separate races with separate colors the only way this ends is a messy, disastrous accumulation of blood and guts...

Is that the race you want to run?

Or we could all just sleep with each other until we are all the same color... problem solved.

let's get the party started!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bronco73

Or we could all just sleep with each other until we are all the same color... problem solved.

let's get the party started!

The only plausible solution, I would buy that.
Life is meant to be enjoyed and lived to the fullest. Why not?

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Funny all this talk of racism ... From personal experience and 70yrs

plus ago (it probably still happens) There was no one more racist than

the Asian community themselves.

The favourite child of any family was always the most light skinned!

Ten years ago on a visit to India I was too embarrassed to take a lift in

a rickshaw, or have anyone else carry my baggage as I felt that as every

one is equal I couldn't subject anyone to this indignity, but you should

have seen how the richer Indians took advantage of these poorer

Indians

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You speak of freedom, but mention forcing people to abandon their beliefs and religions...You didn't use the word force, but it was certainly implied.

If you live your life according to what a book tells you to do, then yes, you are not free!

If you aren't old enough to know what to do in Life, how to be a good person, how to be nice... then you don't deserve to be free from Tyranny... you obey that book, you live by the rules of that book... stay where you are and dont bring your troubles with you to Europe.. well, to England anyway.

Honestly, once they have reached Greece (who have been kind to them by letting them land there), they should not start protesting and smashing the place up. If I was leader of Greece and saw that, I would put those causing the trouble into camps until they can act like Adults! They are worse than animals and we lock animals up in cages!
edit on CDTThu, 10 Sep 2015 06:46:08 -05000000003006x108x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
I think of it more like a RAT RACE!

at the rat race
baby, I couldn´t even find a parking space
let the Joneses keep the whole damn chase
and their golden treadmills for first place

don´tcha wanna knock the apple cart over, baby?
shoot another flaming arrow at the sky?
the fruit is throbbing on the vine
so many castles to storm and so little time!
Mary, Mary...
the world is wild and wide outside
enough of castles and of kings
down with empire, up with Spring
back to smaller and better things!

-Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers, "Smaller and Better Things"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join