It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theocratic Thunderdome! Westboro Baptist Church VS Kim Davis! FIGHT!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Hello again ATS!

From the land of "I have no idea what is happening here, but I cannot look away" comes to us the epic tale of two absolutely horrible examples of hypocrisy and ignorance preparing to lock horns in a brutal dual.

Westboro Baptist Church, the hateful and utterly misguided creation of Fred Phelps has set its sights on a newer entry into the "using religion to get rich and troll the world" club... The Kentucky County Clerk who refuses to issue marriage licenses to gay couples despite the Supreme Court telling her to do so... Kim Davis.

No. Really. This is a thing! Hell, I write and even my warped imagination could not have come up with anything like this!

Now, don't get your hopes up. Westboro is not engaging in any sort of public image rehabilitation here. Nope. They're still hateful and ignorant as ever. It is just that Westboro sees Kim Davis' little problem with serial marriage and cheating as being every bit as offensive, to them, as homosexuality is.

I guess they get some sort of backhanded points for at least being consistent in their bigotry and judgement. ( It hurt to type that. It burned. )

Here is some info:

Over the years, it’s become quite apparent that Westboro Baptist Church doesn’t like gay people. Even their website is listed under the domain GodHatesFags.com. Strangely enough, though, it seems as if the Twitter account of the “church” has recently been supporting gay marriage in a roundabout way. Make no mistake, Westboro Baptist Church is still a hate group, but check out some of the recent Tweets they’ve been sending out.

What seems to have occurred is that Westboro Baptist Church is blaming Kim Davis, and hypocritical “Christians” like her, for allowing gay marriage to be legalized. They believe this with such fervor, in fact, that they’re already considering going to Kentucky and protesting Davis outside of her jail cell.

Source Article

And this graphic, from the Westboro Twitter page sums up their position:

[ I've taken the liberty to remove an offensive term in the picture - and to substitute the word "gay" in its place ]

Honestly. Part of me is stuck in rubberneck mode, watching the idiot on idiot violence begin to escalate. But the larger part of me understands how things have reached this point - a point where even the fanatics from the same side are beginning to turn on one another. Tragically this is a stark example of how America has become unfathomably toxic over the course of just a few short months. We, at least, use to pretend that we were not nearly as bad as the world considered us to be. But now?

Now we are not only living up to the worst opinions of our nation, we seem to be Hell bent upon exceeding those opinions by as far a margin as we can achieve.

It's sad to watch the implosion - even if parts of it are as entertaining, in a morbid fascination sort of way - as this clash of misguided Titans is.

So ATS, what do you think? Is this enough to prove to you that the media circus is currently out to poison your mind with hatred and intolerance that would make Orwell's five minutes of hate blush with envy over?

Do you have a dog in this fight? Or do you find all involved parties equally reprehensible?

My final thought is simple. To me this is yet another example of just how lost we have become as of late - and it inspires me to do all I can to make sure I don't wallow down the path of ignorance along with these very misguided and archaic people.

Thanks for reading!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Westboro is to Christianity as what ISIS is to Islam so WBC going after Ms Davis because she did not fight hard enough?? to stop the legislation being enacted tells me one thing.

The media is blindsiding us so we take our eye off the ball.

Thanks Heff, now I will be keeping a closer eye on foreign policy trade deals, bills being written into law and what the globalists are doing. Maybe examine closer US and western involvement in Syria and Iran and the TPP rollout.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Westboro is to Christianity as what ISIS is to Islam

I agree, these folks are so far from Christianity it's a shame.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

LOL....thanks for the info.

Now, to go rid myself of the headache created by reading this....this.....I don't even know what to call it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
As has been stated before. Kim's marriages were prior to her becoming a hardcore fundamentalist. Evidently, WBC has reading comprehension issues, or skipped over that part. Or maybe they don't believe in repentance, like Jesus does. I'm sure they know better than him any way. He's so 5 minutes ago.

The issue with Kim is not her past, in my opinion. It is her present that has become the issue. Jesus was criticized by the holy rollers of his day for being gluttonous, a winebibber, and keeping company with those considered to be the undesirables of his time. No. I'm not giving Jesus a pass. He had his own issues, if we are to believe anything written in the bible about him. But Kim, and the WBC better hope Jesus is a lot more forgiving and understanding than they are.
edit on 9/7/2015 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 9/7/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Can't people delusions coexist in peace?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Do you have a dog in this fight?
Nope.

Or do you find all involved parties equally reprehensible?

Not sure if it's that I think it's "reprehensible" or "hilarious."
Bunch of wankers. They deserve each other. Let the fight begin!!! (Kinda like, if we let the gangbangers go at it, they'll wipe each other out.)

Disgusting and embarrassing, absolutely.
The US of Embarrica. Coined that moniker myself.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
All this that the "nutcases" are saying about this woman happened before she became a Christian. This makes any point expressed by Westboro or the liberal press meaningless . Of course , to those 2 groups mentioned , they have no concept of being forgiven or what they are even talking about. Epic Fail

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

When I opened this thread and started to read, I KNEW I was going to be intrigued and fascinated. So, thanks for not disappointing me there!

Unfortunately, I am left feeling embarrassed by what the people of this country sometimes do...

This is CRAZINESS! The fact that these two are at odds is causing a bit of schadenfreude for me. But then, there's the embarrassment.

As Klassified pointed out, Kim Davis' religious conversion is recent and the attacks by the WBC idiots are unwarranted. Not that that would matter to them, clearly.

And that still doesn't take away from the comedic tragedy of the situation. Craziness!
edit on 9/7/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Alien versus Predator 4

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Obviously her been born again Christian forgets her from been a adulterous women but it didn't teach anything about tolerance and to love your neighbor like you love thee self.

Religion is such a chose and pick thing for the benefits of those that like to chose and pick.

Deface the ten commandments and then repent, after all you will be safe.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Yes, all religions are eclectic, however much none of them like to acknowledge that fact. There's an old saying among some in the more fundamentalist sects of Christianity. "Christians are the only soldiers who bury their wounded." Groups like the WBC have probably buried many of their brothers and sisters.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I agree, the fact that all religions follow one GOD regardless of how they name it, but can not get along when it comes on worshiping, is a statement of how religions are use to further agendas.

I find more interesting still that we in the US have more denominations of Christians that in any other part of the world, and still they keep themselves alienated from each other even when they worship the same GOD.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

schadenfreude for me

Me, too - happy to share, it was too big of a salad for me to eat by myself.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Can't people delusions coexist in peace?

Can't peoples delusions coexist in peace?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Theocratic Thunderdome! Westboro Baptist Church VS Kim Davis! FIGHT!

Well I say we get them go at it so they get more involved in each other and let the rest of us go on with our lives without hearing what they are doing.

I guess being a dispicable human being isn't a problem with them.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
They should make one of those epic rap battles of history things about this.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Two kooks enter.
One kook leaves.

Then what?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Is this a sign that the religious extremists have begun to turn on each other? No, I'M more holier than thou than THOU are? Maybe all we have to do is sit back and watch the whole mess implode and eventually go away. What an effed up mess for the rest of the world to judge the US by.

I recently read an article that stated that organized religion continues to decline in the US-fewer people attend church each year or even identify as any particular brand of religion. What we're seeing are the death throes of the last of the hardcore Christians who are going to fight harder than ever before finally dying out.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

That's what I'm thinkin'. Just let them do their thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join