It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman impregnated by mistake with black man’s sperm loses court case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
there is obviously a very big problem at the "clinic" in Downer's Grove , Ill.
this might "ruin" their future business, not giving customer/patient what they specify and pay for.
of course most moms to be (if not using hubby's sperm) want the sperm of a white intelligent attractive 'donor'
if that is not what she got she will need to eventually discuss with her daughter when her daughter is old enough to start asking the typical questions about 'where daddy is' and all that

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just sucks this happened to a white woman.... I mean if it were a black woman with a half asian baby making the same complaint, well then it couldn't be racist because it's impossible for black people to be racist. /sarc

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If she didn't care who the father would be she could have gone to any bar USA and even got free drinks to boot.

Please tell me they didn't charge her while they played sperm roulet.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There is only one way to insure what your getting. You gotta do it the old time way.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
if she needs to be compensated due to 'challenge' of raising a mixed race child, i wonder how multi-racial couples do it on their own like normal families.

i dont think her gripe is with just carelessness of the clinic. she is acknowledging complications of having a mixed race child, put it up for adoption to someone who wont feel the need for special care money because of the child's skin color.

really cant imagine how that child will feel when she is old enough to understand why her mom filled that lawsuit.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
if she needs to be compensated due to 'challenge' of raising a mixed race child, i wonder how multi-racial couples do it on their own like normal families.

i dont think her gripe is with just carelessness of the clinic. she is acknowledging complications of having a mixed race child, put it up for adoption to someone who wont feel the need for special care money because of the child's skin color.

really cant imagine how that child will feel when she is old enough to understand why her mom filled that lawsuit.

well lets see.
if i had to guess i would say mixed race couples do it by choice...
i dont get why this is so hard for people to understand

when you go to these clinics you choose traits of the donor.
you dont just go in and get loaded up. you pick one from column a and one from column b

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
There is only one way to insure what your getting. You gotta do it the old time way.

the old time way is so last year
you can be sure of the skin tone but you might walk away with the herpalie erpalies

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19786173]TinySickTears

well lets see.
if i had to guess i would say mixed race couples do it by choice...
i dont get why this is so hard for people to understand

when you go to these clinics you choose traits of the donor.
you dont just go in and get loaded up. you pick one from column a and one from column b

yes they do it by choice. but why don't they too ask for some hardship compensation that comes with raising a mixed race child. there shouldn't be. she seems to be suing because her emotional distress because of skin color.

that's a remarkable quote [sic]

But because of her upbringing she had stereotypical attitudes about black people and had “limited cultural competency” when dealing with African-Americans.

who is she really suing for, her or the child?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Seems you're a real bright bulb, so I won't waste too much time on this reply:

Every time a woman goes after a man in the "traditional" sense she is picking from a set of "pictures" her mind has been made to think are attractive throughout the years. (Men do this too by the way, attraction and what is attractive changes over the years and centuries based on social programming)

Don't believe me?

Look up(I will use Disney as a fine example of the manipulation of what females are programmed to find "attractive" by our balding white puppet masters. Makes Hitler look like a tame lion)

-Prince Charming(Disney)
-Aladdin(Disney)
-Flynn(Disney)
-Tarzan(Disney)
-Kristoff(Disney)
-Hercules(Disney)

Etc.

Etc.

These are images burned into the brains of every single woman in America(and elsewhere). You think that suddenly they lose these interpretations when they have the money and the "means" to shop for the best of best.

Do you think that she honestly wants "Quasimodo" when she's paid for and carefully selected "Prince Charming"?

edit on 7-9-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Do you think that she honestly wants "Quasimodo" when she's paid for and carefully selected "Prince Charming"?

are you suggesting black people are hunch backs?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

No I personally believe that the future of the world is a very tanned one.

But it doesn't matter what I personally believe. The reality is that the majority of people do not want to have kids with others outside their race.

Many blacks want blacks, Mexicans want Mexicans, and the white's want their version of the perfect white.

That doesn't mean people won't deviate but ethnic diversity is a fairly new phenomena in human history.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

but blacks dont want perfect blacks and mexicans dont want perfect mexicans?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

They do.

If you don't believe me, ask a hardcore Mexican woman who is more sexy:

Emiliano Zapata or Robert Pattinson?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

pattinson all the way
zapata does not sparkle so it is not even a contest

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Is nothing she can do with the child, is her and will be with her for the rest of her life, but I still will hold the sperm bank at fault for the mistake, heck this is like telling a doctor after an operation and removing a leg rather than a tumor by mistake that they are not at fault.

I see the ruling by the particular judge wrong, occurs she love the child is her child now born by her.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

They do.

If you don't believe me, ask a hardcore Mexican woman who is more sexy:

Emiliano Zapata or Robert Pattinson?

Most people want a child that looks like them. I can say that my husband and I are seriously considering using a service like this; so I have a dog in this hunt so-to-speak. We don't care about race, we do care about meeting certain genetic and intellectual criteria. However, if we choose someone who is African American, or Asian, or just not white... There will be questions in the local community and possibly even stigma for the child. We live in rural Montana, there isn't much cultural competency period.

Also, I can tell you from personal experience, having lived it, that kids do look around from a very young age and realize that they don't look like their family, and further, realize that people treat them differently because of that. All of these factors will have an effect upon the well being of a child and even though we feel that we can equip a child to cope with that, we would be foolish not to take it into account. I think that you are right, people often want a child that looks like them or at least a child that represents a similar set of racial characteristic and the reasons for that can be personally and socially complex.

If this lady wasn't prepared for those complexities and didn't even have a tool box to draw from no wonder she is upset. Her daughter will suffer for her ignorance in this and she knows it. I can see why she is angry. It is a tremendous, and difficult responsibility.

Maybe genetically race doesn't exist, or at least, in terms of the numbers it is barely even academic from the DNA perspective. However, culture exists, and for better or worse, part of culture is often based upon visible social cues and part of that is phenotype. We're supposed to pretend that doesn't matter, and logically it shouldn't, but it does.

On the original note of the thread, I would be absolutely furious if we did not get the donor that we chose, so would my husband for that matter.

Also...

Who the hell thinks Robert Pattinson is sexy?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Who the hell thinks Robert Pattinson is sexy?

I don't, I also wondering who find him sexy,

I may not be Mexican per say but I am still Hispanic.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

A lot of women(I use that term loosely, mostly it's teenagish girls) find him attractive.

Hey remember "The Backstreet Boys"?

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: windword

It is my opinion that if this woman cannot raise a child simply because of the melanin content of her skin then she is a weak, pathetic racist.

I really think you are mixing apples and oranges here. She paid for a service that most likely cost a good amount. That service allowed her to select a donor based on many attributes and she did not get what she selected due to negligence, plan and simple.

There is a lot more to this than just skin color. I'm sure she picked a person based on height, color of skin/eyes/hair, genetic history of diseases, weight, IQ, athlete capabilities etc but she got none since they impregnated her with the wrong sperm. It seems everyone focused on color and that is one small piece of a very large pie.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join