It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Come They Never Show A Pharaohs Head?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Something about ancient Egypt has always fascinated me. I have often had this feeling that I lived a life there. I have been fascinated with so many different aspects of the culture and architecture. Something else has fascinated me besides those things though. The Pharaohs.

In every picture depicting a Pharaoh, I have never seen one without a headdress. I have searched and I have wondered why? What are they hiding under those strange looking contraptions? They are not crowns obviously, but yet, the Pharaohs are the only ones I see wearing these things.

And where did the Pharaohs disappear too? I just think the whole dynastic existence went poof one day. Like they decided they did all they needed to do and took off.

I have seen some articles recently that suggest evidence they were of a dna not normal to this earthly existence. Maybe that is contrived, but it does seem strange that nowhere in any recorded history I have seen is there an actual pictograph or drawing, or statue that shows the Pharaohs of any period without their weird things on their head.

This obviously is not the only strange thing about ancient Egypt.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
From what I recall there are two crowns. One represents upper Egypt the other lower Egypt. There was a pharaoh who united both upper and lower Egypt and from then on ward both crowns combined were worn. But I could be wrong.

Pretty sure that the ancient Roman empire saw the end of the Pharaohs rule.
They were not aliens. But I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
No, it isn't very common to see them in artwork and statues as such. Some that exist expose a shaven head and the shape a result of head binding-more common than thought throughout in various ancient cultures.

Here are some from search:
Head binding
Armana princess

Akhenaton (Amenhotep IV)
www.pinterest.com...

Daughter of Ankhenaten and nefertiti
www.pinterest.com...
and

What you'd see without the headdress for him-
Statue
King Tut facial reconstruction shares the shape of what the statue does above.

edit on 5-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: link titles not working?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Because of fashion. It was the going thing. Like during the era of top hats. If you was somebody you wore a top hat…

i mages

As far as facial representation, stylized as it may or may not be…

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I seem to remember watching a programme years ago about this,

and the general consensus was that Pharaohs are gods, if you put a mans face on them they become human, and gods are above human

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

As weirdguy said, Red Crown is for lower egypt (north to us), White is for Upper egypt (south to us), and the small Blue crown is for war, because both Seti I and Ramses II are depicted wearing it in battle.

Why are they always wearing their crowns? Cuz they're the f###in kings! Flaunt it!

[and for the record, the Pharaohs considered themselves living gods. Considering that they had power over life and death, harems, riches beyond belief, they were. This is why the illuminati use so much egyptian symbolism - they think of themselves as modern pharaohs, gods relative to us]

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Upper egypt is like unto a bowling pin.

On the other hand one might think Pharoah would want to
flaunt his contemporary fashion fedish for the whole world to
see. Instead it's as if they were hiding something under the
pin. Would Pharoah find shame in the high fashion of the day?
So they bound their heads but hid the results away? IDK
edit on Ram90515v11201500000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
all we have to explain it is the remaining "artwork" and mummies discovered underground in burial chambers, they apparently loved their 'hats' and probably had longer more coneshaped heads/skulls than we do today

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I am not so sure head binding was the reason. Is it possible the head binding ritual was a result of emulation by others because the Pharaohs were of another species? Why would anyone bind their head on purpose? If you were ruled by a race with cone shaped spherical heads you might "try to be like Mike", but it is imitation where as the rulers were actually like that and this is why they did cover their heads, so that earthly beings would not be afraid.

Sure are some weird instances of ancient Egypt and how they are depicted in th hieroglyphs. too. Strange lights, ships, winged discs, the pyramids, the Sphinx, and very few logical explanations for any of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Then how come there were not more people wearing them? How come it is only the Pharaohs and their supposed posses that were close to them? There is no evidence of the Egyptian people wearing these things, at least none that I have seen.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Well as I said, they are weird and the reason why is not just as simple as they were kings.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

They were not covering their faces, 99% of the time it was their heads.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I don't know if hiding is the word, rather they chose to not reveal.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

i meant fetish damn it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

No you did that on purpose, Randy, I know you did....

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: dreamingawake

I am not so sure head binding was the reason. Is it possible the head binding ritual was a result of emulation by others because the Pharaohs were of another species?

That's funny, because the African tribes that used to practice head binding, did so because they believed it made the subject look more intelligent and intelligence is valuable. Did you research head binding at all ?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Then how come there were not more people wearing them? How come it is only the Pharaohs and their supposed posses that were close to them? There is no evidence of the Egyptian people wearing these things, at least none that I have seen.

My guess is that ordinary egyptians couldn't afford statues made of themselves. Just the wealthy elite. Ordinary poor people couldn't afford top hats, either.

Theres a history of a ton of weird fashionable dress from various vain and powerful peoples in history.

ETA: About wealth and power? Look at graveyards and head stones. The pyramids themselves are not but fancy grave stones. What egos they had, huh?

edit on 5-9-2015 by intrptr because: WTA:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I don't know if hiding is the word, rather they chose to not reveal.

Nah, they just wanted to appear different, taller, better than everyone else. Look at the Catholic church. Their headdress is "Holier than thou".

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

yes, that and various military and secret society groups, other "aliens" of the past used headgear like astronaut helmets and such because the atmosphere might not have been the same as today
edit on 5-9-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join