It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man walks free after alleged rape leaves 2-year-old girl in pool of blood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yea, according to the girl, the assault was done with his hand. So it's not like they could prove it was done with a rape kit either.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not a lawyer but I would assume medical evidence would speak volumes. Not that I'm pushing but times like these I can understand the mob justice mentality
edit on 2-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
www.myfoxzone.com...

there seems to be a little more information here...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Medical evidence does speak volumes. But given how he assaulted her, there may not have been much to tie him to it in terms of evidence. "Yes, this happened" isn't the same as "yes it happened and here's the DNA that points to this person."

I have two kids. I get the mob justice thing. I just also understand trial.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's true the damage done to the two year old on trial, and not to mention the S/O could of walked completely had he not plead, and the jury reached a not guilty verdict. That's the sad game of the system but it's the truth the cold hard truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

This has outraged the community. They claim they had no other choice because having the victim testify could have let him walk. This is a dumb statement. Any jury would have thrown the book at him.

There are a lot of things happening in this community right now like this. The local government is out of control and the system has decided to start modeling themselves after their beloved federal government model.

I am at work so I figured I would try to give a local perspective.... No one thinks this is ok.... No one is letting this go.

The only caveat is that the local PD is doing its best to keep relations with the people good. City council and the judicial system is NOT helping their cause.
edit on 2-9-2015 by akira131 because: i cant spell

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: akira131

This has outraged the community. They claim they had no other choice because having the victim testify could have let him walk. This is a dumb statement. Any jury would have thrown the book at him.

There are a lot of things happening in this community right now like this. The local government is out of control and the system has decided to start modeling themselves after their beloved federal governmen model.

I am at work so I figured I would try to give a local perspective.... No one thinks this is ok.... No one is letting this go.

The only caveat is that the local PD is doing its best to keep relations with the people good. City council and the judicial system is NOT helping their cause.

Good no one should take this laying down pls keep us abreast of developing situation..perhaps the good folks in that community get to chase those fk heads outta office and outta town for good measure.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I already got my warning for the weak, I can't read or comment further than the op, because it will be an explitive laced rant involving threats to this mothers life and limbs.........

If this is true....... I hope this pos..........

You guys already know what I want to say

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

I already got my warning for the weak, I can't read or comment further than the op, because it will be an explitive laced rant involving threats to this mothers life and limbs.........

If this is true....... I hope this pos..........

You guys already know what I want to say

Read you loud and clear Boss.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

this is one of the better local websites, they are new and sometimes try too hard to get the "scoop" but overall they do a pretty good job.

sanangelolive.com...

this town was good. it has changed quickly. it is a microcosm of what is happening nation wide. the people are trying but... there are not enough locals to change the systems mind. maybe some light shed on their deeds will help.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Unfortunately, it is the price we must pay to have the system we do. I'd rather have this system than a system of mob justice. That's for sure. Sure this guy would pay with a system of mob justice, but how many more innocent people would pay for crimes they didn't do as well?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I have a 20-month-year-old daughter.

There would have been justice, and it would have happened right in front of those cops that she pushed past to yell at her boyfriend.

This is a bulls#!t, lazy-ass prosecutor--what about what's best for the girl in 10 years when she knows that the guy that robbed her of some of her innocence never went to prison? Never even faced a real verdict or sentencing?

This guy needed to go to prison so that he could also be screaming, "My butt, my butt," every day while he was incarcerated.

Honestly, I'd have probably shot his ass, and I bet I would have had to face findings and sentencing. I generally am level-headed when it comes to legal matters and not getting emotional over things, but someone touches my daughter, it's on...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
As a victim that grew up with the psychological scars of molestation and now being a father of a 4 year old daughter, this, this right here would be what pushes me to take another human life.

There would be no mercy on the man that would do something like this to my daughter.

Crap like this brings back memories from the darkest reaches of my mind and hate it.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's true the damage done to the two year old on trial, and not to mention the S/O could of walked completely had he not plead, and the jury reached a not guilty verdict. That's the sad game of the system but it's the truth the cold hard truth.

I would argue that a two-year-old (depending on if she's closer to 1 than 3) would probably not remember much about talking to some people in a courtroom. I would also argue that it would be hard to prove that a four-year-old and a two-year-old conspired to formulate a rape allegation against their mother's boyfriend. I would argue again that I don't think that it would be hard to prove what happened in a court of law--at least to convince a jury that the guy was guilty.

I think that this plea deal was an easy way out for both the prosecutor and the defendant--I don't think it served the young girl better to go this route than taking the guy all the way to sentencing with a jury.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Breaks my heart everytime i read or hear stories like this, brings back nightmares from my childhood.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The handling of sexual assaults cases in this country is abysmal at best. No surprise here.

Honestly if you don't shoot the offenders yourself there really isn't any justice that will be done. I don't believe in that sort of cowboy justice in general but there aren't really any other options in the U.S.

I've got to sit down and actually speak with about six women in my life who were sexually assaulted. Possibly more but those are the stories that stuck most(I believed them 100%). Anecdotal but most of the information I've found correlates with the personal experience. Out of those women, two went to the police. Out of those, zero men were charged and punished. The other four women didn't even bother because why go through the mud when absolutely nothing will happen.

I agree. All that happens if you get raped and actually go to the police is being made to look like a slut and having overall society blame you in some way. (Because it's ALWAYS the victims fault. That's why in countries where women don't drive or show their bodies in any way the rape rate is exactly 0).

In response to this situation with the little girl I am saddened but in no way surprised. The handling of child abuse is more abysmal than the handling of adult sexual abuse cases.

As to whoever went on to blame the mothers for having boyfriends that shouldn't have allowed said boyfriends around children...

How about...

We start blaming the scumbags instead eh?

For all the lily flower activists...I am sure you have a few guy friends whom you've seen do things that were less than favorable. It's time to start blaming those responsible and stop looking the other way when bad people do bad things to others around us.

I'm sure this guy blamed the girlfriend and said she was lying and I'm sure all his friends believed him.

Women have boyfriends, women get in relationships...unless you want all single mother women to become lesbians it's time to focus the attention on as a society on not accepting this kind of behavior from grown men toward women and children.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Such as a sad world we live in. Non violent offenders have much higher sentences than this PoS.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think if I lived in this town, I would try to befriend this maggot. Get him nice and drunk and do some stupid stuff. Perhaps petty vandalism, even to my own friends or families possessions. I`d gladly do a quick stint in jail on a misdemeanor, knowing I helped this prick violate his probation. Then the whole town could see what the judge is made of. I would expect the judge to then throw the book at him for violating his probation.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable

It is something about littler children, they tell the truth, because they have not learned yet what deceptions means, adults become experts at deception.

If the littler girl said that the man hurt her, she is not lying, specially when the results of the injury is so great.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

THIS KIND OF BS IS THE REASON WHY I HAVE TO SEE MY DR TOMORROW.

IT'S SICK MFERS LIKE THIS GUY THAT RUIN MY VIEW OF HUMANITY.

I'M FIGHTING BACK TEARS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IF THIS WERE MY CHILD HE WOULD BE DEAD AS A (FREAKING) DOORNAIL.

I wish the absolute worst for this guy and every other human of his kind. Yes, I believe in revenge, no i'm not entirely peaceful. This world and the sick people in it have turned my heart into an icy block of obsidian. The reason I have anger issues is because I abide the law, which prohibits me from murdering people like this who DON'T follow the law or have ANY kind of morals. I'm not talking religious morals, I'm talking common sense WHY ARE PEOPLE HURTING CHILDREN?!?!?!?!?!?!?

My throat is closing up and I feel like I am suffocating and I cannot bear the pain of knowing there is nothing I can do to help that little girl, or to turn back time for her, or any other child on this planet

RAGEEEEEEEEEE

edit on 9/2/2015 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/2/2015 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join