It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

Sad, indeed.

All the more reason, don't you think, to make sure his and many others sacrifices aren't rendered moot? Or, worse, forgotten?

What better memorial could they possibly want?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I know there are people out there who see it, want it, just as strongly, or more as I.

So, 'til my dying day, or it actually happens, I'll continue to dream it, and work, as I can, to make it happen. ...and hope/pray that I can, in my own little way, help it happen.

I'm here. Present and accounted for, seagull.
Beautiful OP.
S/F

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Sad, indeed.

All the more reason, don't you think, to make sure his and many others sacrifices aren't rendered moot? Or, worse, forgotten?

What better memorial could they possibly want?

Agree 100% brother. Keep fighting the good fight. As I do every single day, in every single way, that I can. Wherever I see injustice I fight, instead of accepting the blight. Wherever I can make a difference, I do, instead of just letting it go. We must all make it our business to ensure that things are right, instead of just making sure, that we sleep well at night.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starbuck799

Care to elucidate on that a trifle?

It just means that a guy who really had some power to make real change was gunned down in the end. Very sad really. And look at us now.

Yes, your completely right. TPTB have mastered how to utilize any one individual from creating an upraising or inspiring the masses into a revolution. They'll just charge them for some petty drug charge or whatever and you'll never here from them again.

That's why its more important than ever to stand together as a 'whole' and make it clear that you can easily take one of us down, but you could never take all of us at once!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

That's where the live and let live comes into play.

Or... If you prefer...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you... Or words to that effect.

I totally agree with live and let live. Folks have the right to do whatever makes them happy. I just believe we have the right to voluntary interactions with others when on our own time.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Marvelous simply marvelous and inspiring thread!

S&F

I have the same dream.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I love dreamers. Let the words from Bill Hicks sink into your flow, just more water on the mills.

The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it, you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: 'Is this real? Or is this just a ride?' And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and they say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid -- ever -- because... this is just a ride.' And we kill those people.

'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry; look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that -- ever notice that? -- and we let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because... it's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort. No worry. No job. No savings and money. Just a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy bigger guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, into a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defense each year and, instead, spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would do many times over -- not one human being excluded -- and we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever. In peace.

www.tehomet.net...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've been fighting for this as long as I can remember. What bothers me most is the biggest hindrance has always been the ones who need this most refusing to see beyond their own personal plights.

Our strength is in our numbers, without that, we're powerless.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
the whole problem is money and the laws it inspires.
well, let me rephrase: the whole problem is lack of free energy, and thus the foundation of value based on sweat equity and the resultant system of laws.

for example:

if we had free energy and robots did the work we didn't want to do, we wouldn't need money and people could just do what they wanted. it wouldn't be necessary to enact laws that force people to be or not be a particular religion, to do or not do a particular job. as long as you were abiding by the three laws of ethics, you could do pretty much anything you wanted.

the whole struggle for rights would become a given, since there would be no laws on the books that would curtail your freedom to do what you wanted. money effects all of that.

of course the idea is rather anarchist but in a good way.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I guess we all need or have an inherent desire to create a potential danger in our own midst. Take a group of 100 random people, one will be the problem or percieved problem. Take that person out of the equation, it passes onto somone else. Those that are different or in a minority tend to be targets.

The only time we will truly be one as human beings, without prejudice is if there is a common greater threat to us all.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

And when that happens guess what happen after, is used for manipulated for the common goal of those that rules, us, 911 anyone?

We during that time were one of the most unified nation of people than ever before, look what it was done with that unification, it was used for approval to pursue war.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes, true.

Create and maintain the anger, fear and division to not only deflect it away from themselves but it also allows them to manipulate to achieve wider goals.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
the day earthlings learn unity and to live as a union, then all their problems will start to disappear.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: narin
the day earthlings learn unity and to live as a union, then all their problems will start to disappear.

but forcing humans to be one thing or another is not the ideal. the ideal is freedom to do/be what you want to do/be. that freedom is currently chained to the wall by money, which is used to manipulate in the backdrop. robots are advanced enough now that they could do the work we don't want to do, and free energy as well. money goes bye bye and so do the millions of ridiculous laws.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

The day that humans overcome greed, but we know how it works, right? Undo, we are bombarded by what we wants and need, consumerism has drained our bank accounts, fill in up our credit cards, as long as we are dependent and owned is not way we can advance.

We are always reminded of what we can not have.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I like it. Anarchy is by no means necessarily an Anomy.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I like it. Anarchy is by no means necessarily an Anomy.

took me awhile to warm up to the idea and only after i asked a thousand different questions. but i see the wisdom of it. it's really quite genius.
this lady convinced me though it took her several months to do so because i was tasked with disproving its effectiveness in the long run. boy was i wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
it can be summed up with one simple phrase: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
there it is in a nutshell.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It's hard for people to come together as long as some continue to negatively highlight differences in the name of "equality".

You want to know what I find funny? All religions speak of the same thing, the Golden rule. And yet, everyone ignores it to follow the logos or "idol" instead. Which creates division, hate , He said she said, my prophet vs your prophet.

Honestly if people had enough common sense, stripped all idols, all religions and focus on the actual Golden rule which is perhaps THEE most important message inside most if not all religious beliefs. Maybe the world would be a better place? To apply the golden rule is to apply compassion, understanding, the knowing that if someone hurts, it hurts you too. This is called real love.

However, there are unfortunately people who fail to see it this way, and will stop at nothing to suppress this. A time will come, when we have to decide, if it is either them the deceivers or us who are actually human beings.

Martin Luther King and JFK's message still lives on today. We just need to discern between right and wrong. Because the new age thinking is virtually a trap.
edit on nd2015000000Wednesdaynd000000Wed, 02 Sep 2015 10:42:02 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 10:42:02 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

people shouldn't have to change a thing about what they believe/do. inject free energy, robots to do our work we don't want to do, simplify the laws, remove money, problem solved. you can share the planet with people you disagree with because there will be no laws forcing you to anything you don't want besides the three laws of ethics

1. do not willfully and without fully informed consent, hurt or kill another
2. do not willfuly and without fully informed consent, take or damage another's property
3. do not willfully defraud another (

that's it.

why add

4. no religion allowed

?? what's it matter to you as long as they are not willfully hurting or killing you, or wilfully taking or damaging or defrauding you? ain't none of yo beeswax what someone else believes about the hereafter or the practice of their religion or the lack thereof.
edit on 2-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join