It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy 'Theory' Conspiracy - An Adam Green Film (2015)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
First of all, i apologize if this have been posted before. Kinda hard to search for this term here.
And sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I was recently made aware of this new documentary film by Adam Green.

Title of the film is "The Conspiracy 'Theory' Conspiracy"

From YT:

A Documentary Film by Adam Green of Know More News demonstrating the establishment media's propaganda campaign against conspiracy theories and the truth.

I think it's really great explaining how the MSM quickly labels anyone questioning authority, as a Conspiracy Theorist.
There are numerous clips from various MSM outlets showing this to be very much the case.

Please take your time and watch it.

www.youtube.com...

What do you think ATS?

edit on 26/8/2015 by kloejen because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

I'll watch this with interest.

I'll also read the replies with interest because more and more so recently ATS members do not like to be classed as 'conspiracy theorists'. Which may mean the plan worked.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

"I think it's really great explaining how the MSM quickly labels anyone questioning authority, as a Conspiracy Theorist."

These days our media networks are just as lightly to use the word "Terrorist" to describe people who question the status quo or authority.

Such is the world in which we live. The thought police and doublespeak peeps are on top of their game.

edit on 26-8-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It is a great tactic for veiling certain deeds. Among all this crazy rubbish that people make up and is deliberately manufactured by some, too, strange truths are hidden. 911 is a classic example. To believe that there is anything more to the 911 story than the official version is to be placed with the nutters. People will class you alongside ET and UFO enthusiasts for thinking 911 was not as officially described. Job done. Well done CIA I say.

I'll be the first to say that most conspiracy stuff is ill informed nonsense. We see that on ATS, people saying things like nuclear missiles don't really exist and other such junk. These people serve a great purpose for covering up truth. You can have all the facts in the world yet because there is so much rubbish sticking to the subject these facts don't stand a chance.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

It is a great tactic for veiling certain deeds. Among all this crazy rubbish that people make up and is deliberately manufactured by some, too, strange truths are hidden. 911 is a classic example. To believe that there is anything more to the 911 story than the official version is to be placed with the nutters.

Exactly. I really do not believe the Official Conspiracy Theory of events on 9/11. To me it's extremely flawed and there are tons of unasked questions. I'm not saying that Bush/Cheney was behind or it was an inside job either, i'm just asking questions.

To go to the extent to label anyone that do ask questions a conspiracy theorist, is really far out. The MSM should be ashamed of themselves. They are not doing their job.

I don't believe in most conspiracies either, and many are well explained and debunked here on ATS, althou there are are many small stuff, that needs more attention.

I'd rather be called a Conspiracy Terrorist instead, because i'd like to think i terrorize most conspiracies

edit on 26/8/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I need only point to the signature I've had for almost a decade, and because of this very post will never change, lol.

But further, and more seriously, it is used to provide the seemingly-sufficient illusion of justifying one's denial and providing an insufficient/lazy/cowardly excuse to disregard, dismiss and move on from information that has the potential to force one to face the truth (again...look toward the first quote in my long-time signature), let alone put forth any energy trying to disseminate it at all. (Not enough room in signatures for this)

Save those being paid for it or those with vested interest in its continuation, I honestly think these oblivious self-appointed guardians of the "status quo" are only adhering to their own indoctrination and conditioning. They actually start feeling physically sick or severely anxious when allowing themselves to reflect on it, even for two minutes, while they're alone. They simply have yet to unplug from their section of the proverbial Matrix (again, first quote of signature). They have not yet had their awakening epiphany...a prerequisite to adhering to logic and questioning critically.

Personally, I appreciate how Ken O'Keefe describes it as "Coincidence Theory", as that seems to describe it much more accurately.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm not a conspiracy theorist.
I'm a conspiracy fact believer.
Thanks for linking this,
I'll give it a watch when I have time.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I'll be the first to say that most conspiracy stuff is ill informed nonsense. We see that on ATS...

And DIS-informed nonsense... as in a deliberate relentless attempt to associate any and all who question the official story with a scenario so outrageous or offensive that all are tainted with the same broad brush. Such as all 9/11 truthers believe it was an inside job... All anti-forced-vaxxers want little children and babies to die... All who oppose and challenge police brutality hate all cops...

These people serve a great purpose for covering up truth. You can have all the facts in the world yet because there is so much rubbish sticking to the subject these facts don't stand a chance.

Exactly. Both by those who knowingly spread disinformation, and by those who do so unknowingly.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Being a conspiracy theorist is now a mental illness. Its in the DSM V.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the tip. Kinda reminds me at Gary Webb in "Kill the Messenger". More actual than ever, we see this name-calling everywhere regardless of facts. Always a good hint that you are on to something if this happens, though.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

And the FBI will consider you a potential terrorist if you doubt the official 9/11 story.

A Department of Justice memo instructs local police, under a program named "communities against terrorism," to consider anyone who harbors "conspiracy theories" about 9/11 to be a potential terrorist.

source
Original FBI flyers

Kinda proves the point?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

That was a nice movie. And what a hero Gary Webb was.

Even asking into the apparent suicide of Gary Webb, will most likely label you as a conspiracy theorist.

Gary Webb committed suicide on December 10, 2004. He was found dead in his Carmichael home with two gunshot wounds to the head.

wiki
2 gunshot wounds to the head - yea - must be suicide

edit on 26/8/2015 by kloejen because: added source

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The only people who are afraid of freedom of speech are those who have something to hide.

Our government is obviously afraid of freedom of speech or the CIA wouldn't have a whole division of propagandists trying to shape public opinion. Therefore we can know for certain they have something to hide.

Elitists and their moron puppets afraid of free speech trying to tell everyone what's best for us. Facisist that believe their superiority overrides democracy.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thank you OP for providing this link.I shall watch this as soon as I post this message as it looks very interesting.
The thing about the title of conspiracy theory/theorist is that it is simply a catch all term used by those who don't care about the truth, as long as it does not affect them, to belittle those who actually do care about the truth, whether it affects them or not.
That is my take on it anyway.
S&F of course.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Jonjonj because: my laptop conspired to cause a spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just to add a heads up for those who do not watch the video because of the first 25 minutes.

The video does indeed spend the first 25 minutes or so focusing exclusively on sound bytes to establish the context. I myself was starting to wonder if it would ever actually get to some structured idea or focus.
Happily it does, after like 25 minutes or so.
Still watching, but interesting so far.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The part about Cass Sunstein is pretty damning. Calling for the banning of theories/theorists that are not correspondent to government information or position.
It can be found around the 50 minute mark I believe.

Cass Sunstein
edit on 26-8-2015 by Jonjonj because: speelink

new topics

top topics

join