It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

PHAGE, YOU ARE MY FAVORITE PERSON ON THIS SITE, and wayyy back in the day, when I had a different account and user name, I was hoping you could tear it down for me, I was hoping you could help me pooh pooh myself and find my sanity.... but Billy Graham died, he did...

here are some other peoples quotes from another site...

Well this is royally weird. I am freaking out.

It was always "Luke, I am your father."

My first name is Luke and there were a few other Lukes I knew at school as a kid and now as an adult and people always used to say to me jokingly, "Luke I am your father."

I've watched that scene probably over ten thousand times in my life.

I have seen this movie scene as a clip on countless documentaries, videos, heard it on radio.

And every time it was, "Luke, I am your father". I remember emphasis on the I. But he definitely always said "Luke" ... NOT "No".

I've seen James Earl Jones in person and saw him on interview jokingly say, "Luke, I am your father."

It is a fact! That was the line! It's a fact! And now it has changed? And some seem to think it was always this way? While others remember it as I do?

What the hell is going on?

So but some of you are from a different time line.

I watch star wars every day as a kid I mean every day. I had ever one on vhs and beta max! I have them still ever dvd ever video. I can tell to the # bleeps R2 makes. It's Luke, I am your father. Going to watch my blue ray tonight to see what it say becuase at the end of the day I could take one word and change # on a YouTube video.

you might throw up, I saw it for the first time last night, and again just now, and nearly threw up....

There is actually something going on here.... I don't want it to be, but have to accept the years of evidence, but this Luke thing takes the cake!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
double post, sorry
edit on 26-8-2015 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

A lot of people used to (some still do, apparently) think the world is flat.
It doesn't matter how many think it, it doesn't matter how sure they are, they're still wrong.

Appeal to popularity is a logical fallacy and does not count for any points.

edit on 8/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It doesn't matter how many think it, it doesn't matter how sure they are, they're still wrong.

yeah, that flat earth thing drives me bonkers, which is why I can understand this one driving people bonkers who have yet to experience it themselves... I wish I were still in the ignorance is bliss category, but there are too many that I can't just brush off as bad memory...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

The irony is strong with this one.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
This is absurd. I gave you EVIDENCE in the FIRST POST to your thread that you're wrong but you're still going on and on as though your argument has any credence at all. You have been proven wrong on REPLY ONE. You just keep going round in circles and, quite frankly, I think you're a product of too much internet time alone.

Get off the internet, get OFF those timeline stories and get out.

Taking this quite personally, are we? No, let me explain something to you. If in fact he did come from another time line, many subtle things would change. Such as articles coming up on the internet pointing out a misquote. Take some friendly advice, you're in over your head.

There's other universes. People have been between them. Whether or not this is a error in memory, there is certain things that are not an error of memory.

If the timeline had been changed, you wouldn't even remember an alternate past, so just drop it.

To quite the contrary. People experience head injuries and wake up speaking foreign languages they we're never able to speak before, be able to do complex math or suddenly become experts at painting. You are not an authority on this subject no matter how much you'd like to be, none of us are.

Nothing productive will come of this, you're just remembering things wrong. Ask an expert on the matter you think has 'slipped'. My friend as a Star wars buff knew you were wrong immediately.

This whole thread is a joke. I'm sorry if that offends you but it is.

What makes this scarier is you speak as though this is a forgone conclusion, so I ask you. How do you refute my rebuttal? What do you say to the fact you were completely wrong about something YOU said supports your theory?

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

a reply to: CthulhuMythos

The only thing I could think of that may explain the change

Trademarks? Maybe?

Aye, could be that or other legal stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The irony is strong with this one.

lmao! I miss you man...... I sometimes take a year or so at a time break from this site, and most of my posts were under my other name, wish I could say who I was/am. But, you are great at making me laugh at myself, and at least TRY to rethink things.

The Billy Graham, Nelson Mandela, and Mr. Rogers " it's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood etc, get me, I sang that song for years as I have siblings way younger than I am etc... it was never "THIS", that just sounds weird and does not fit, same with " no I am your father".... no dramatic pause even etc.... I looked at australia on google maps every day with the earthquake watch threads on here, it was in the middle of nowhere one day, and way bigger and too close to land the NEXT day, not years in the past, the NEXT day....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: seagull

"The Hills are Alive"? What is that rubbish? Everyone knows it's ALWAYS been "The MILLS are Alive!"

This was a well-known musical meant to ecnourage desperate un-employed people in Germany (well Austria, during WWII, actually) to be hopeful that the economy was thriving during a time of dispair!

"Hills" HA!! Pfttt!

Timeline shift FTW.

And don't forget the original words :

"The groaning trencher there ye fill,
Your hurdies like a distant hill,
Your pin wad help to mend a mill
In time o need,
While thro your pores the dews distil
Like amber bead..."

It's shocking how they think we'll never notice these things.

Now back to the latest episode of Sliders.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

A. A phrase made famous by Star Wars episode, The Empire Strikes Back. It is the pivotal plot twist in the movie and is usually misquoted in a feigned Darth Vader voice as “Luke, I am your father,” whenever someone named Luke introduces himself to a Star Wars fan. Star Wars purists maintain the full quote is actually “No, I am your father.”

www.urbandictionary.com...

Show that to someone who watches it every year with friends, and just watched it last christmas, and watch them crap their pants, because that site would not have existed for THEM last christmas, for example...because it said LUKE, so it wasn't necessary to make the site.

I have an ex Bully from HELL named LUKE, so I always cringe from that name, and wouldn't cringe, from "NO, I am your father....." it was the "LUKE" part that gave me the yuck feelings.

Wait, so you're the one who has jumped timelines, but your friends are the ones to notice the changes?

How does this work? Wouldn't it have always been the same for them, seeing as it's only you who is jaunting about. Why would the things in this time line make your friends kak themselves, if they have always been here?

And why would google change anything? are you saying they are in on it?

I don't get it. I was never supposed to. it's not my delusion.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Someone is actually trying to argue with me, that it is only being said wrong, or as " NO", on youtube, and they don't believe me that it changed.... they still insist it is LUKE..... I feel bad for him when he see's the change, because it hurts your guts when you know that strongly...

POSTER: I watch star wars every day as a kid I mean every day. I had ever one on vhs and beta max! I have them still ever dvd ever video. I can tell to the &%# bleeps R2 makes. It's Luke, I am your father. Going to watch my blue ray tonight to see what it say becuase at the end of the day I could take one word and change #%@ on a YouTube video.

ME: you might throw up, I saw it for the first time last night, and again just now, and nearly threw up....

POSTER:Ok. Do this test. I just asked my family is it

A) no , I am your father

B) Luke, I am your father

Never been no, I am your father. Sorry if it was you are from a different time line.

ME: I know it is LUKE, and not "NO" and you know it, but the internet folk here GREW UP with " NO", and it will be in all of their dvd's etc, not just changed on youtube... it really has changed to " NO" I am your father....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

no, nope, and no.... it means half the planet also jumped timelines, together, and some people don't dismiss their memories that are strong, when we are told to dismiss them, we know what we saw and stuck to it. I am telling YOU to ask some friends and see what they say, ask some friends who watch it ALL the time, and see what THEY say... that is what I am getting at, don't ask the internet, ask real people you know in person, people likely to have seen it the most recently.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Not this crap again

It never cesses to amaze me the number of people that believe this “timeline shift” rubbish

you are not living in a different timeline, just get a grip

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: felixjames20

Yes, the people here at Above Top Secrete never get this right, thinking that Austria isn't where it is on a map, that Luke doesn't say "Darth.....I am your son", and that Di Nero in "The Sodfather" didn't say "I made him a golfer he couldn't refuse." Give it a nest for crying loud out.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

there will be NO evidence except other people's memories

Memories are not reliable evidence. Less reliable the older they are. Especially those from childhood.

Funny. My wife seems to remember everything I've ever said, and several things I'm fairly convinced I never said as well.

Perhaps this is more evidence of timeshifting?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

yeah, that flat earth thing drives me bonkers, which is why I can understand this one driving people bonkers who have yet to experience it themselves... I wish I were still in the ignorance is bliss category, but there are too many that I can't just brush off as bad memory...

You say that, but I'm sure I vividly remember the world being flat when I was younger. I was looking at the kids' school books yesterday and they now all seem to say the world is round.

Perhaps you're also falling victim to the timeshifting?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

a reply to: sn0rch

no, nope, and no.... it means half the planet also jumped timelines, together, and some people don't dismiss their memories that are strong, when we are told to dismiss them, we know what we saw and stuck to it. I am telling YOU to ask some friends and see what they say, ask some friends who watch it ALL the time, and see what THEY say... that is what I am getting at, don't ask the internet, ask real people you know in person, people likely to have seen it the most recently.

Ahh I've got no mates

You said websites changed days later.. ? Someone must be changing things?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Segenam
youre all from a different timeline by sound of it ... everyone nows fine well darth vader was scottish, and said, "aye, listen luke .. am yer dad .. now nip up the shops 'n get me a wee half bottle of whiskey, a pack of ciggy papers n' a loaf, ya numpty"

Lmfao.... Aw man, your post made me wish I were Scottish, so that I could give your post the response it deserves. I am a mere mutt, living in the bowels of the U.S..... So please forgive me for that.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So i guess we all just need to wait for this to be self evident, right, got it! How long? Im guessing never as the poster has ALREADY BEEN WRONG. I dont take it personally at all. I do get annoyed when people speak about facts that aren't real then make absurd claims on them. The guy said he spends all his time on this tripe which is already unhealthy and the evidence he presented was..

..... Star wars..... And he was wrong....... I'll keep waiting for this 'self evident' thing to pop up though, k?
a reply to: b3l13v3

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Here is a link to a website that has many of these apparent changes;

mandelaeffect.com...

Check them out, some ones I can even remember...or think I do at least

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join