It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody noticed the U.S. stock market decline?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

When the elephants dance the mice get crushed Id hold on to my money till the smoke clears dont second guess the Fed,if you must gamble your better off at the track this week.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here's a link to the futures action.....

Markets | Pre-markets

Dow30 down a little as of now...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh wow I did not see this, or get any news alerts on it...

Might just be a correction...

That was one hell of a big loss.. That is allot of $$$..

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

I don't think this is just a minor setback. Every 7 years there's been a crash of some sort, usually around the time of Shemitah and Elul 29. What with this and the countless other events happening in September - October, something huge is bound to happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If read Drudge correctly, Asia is majorly down right now?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The NIKKEI 225 is down over 2% Hang Seng hasn't opened yet.
The September Dow Jones *futures* opened down another 100 points or so.
Dow Jones lost 1085 points last week.

Maybe a 10 or 15 percent correction total?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The Nikkei is the only one open so far and they are down 2% and falling. Shanghai opens trading in, I believe, a half an hour (?) China just revised their banking reserve requirements again, in their attempt at Quantitative Easing. Third time they've done this recently. The other two changes have failed, and something tells me the third time will NOT be the charm.

I disagree with the folks who say tomorrow the DOW will be up. I think the DOW busting through multiple technical support levels in a week is an ill omen that we're about to see a goat rodeo on Wall Street. This is 2007/2008 part two only this time the feds artificially manipulated the price of oil to slap Russia's hand and it has caused a disconnect of about 14 months between oil and the DOW. We *should* be seeing oil skyrocketing right now and then see the sub $40 a barrel prices next October... federal futzing has pushed that depression in prices ahead to right now, so who the hell knows what will happen to the other indicators?

Everything currently is pointing towards a very deep recession in the next year.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

The NIKKEI 225 is down over 2% Hang Seng hasn't opened yet.
The September Dow Jones *futures* opened down another 100 points or so.
Dow Jones lost 1085 points last week.

Maybe a 10 or 15 percent correction total?

At one point futures were 165 points down. I do not believe this is a correction. The next technical support point is at 16,117.24, which was the low point the DOW closed at on October 16 thanks to a combination of Ebola panic, FED interest rate increase concerns, and a slowdown in manufacturing and retail sales in the US. Aside from Ebola, we're facing all of these right now still PLUS this time we have a withering Asian market, a pending presidential election with an exiting 2-term president (almost always a harbinger of recession), and most all of the 2007/2008 problems were simply band-aided over and still are very much able to rear their heads again.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Nikkei crashing !!!!

Nikkei 225

real-time -- refresh to update the quote.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Does almost 2% equate to crashing?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Nikkei crashing !!!!

Nikkei 225

real-time -- refresh to update the quote.

Down almost 400 now, percentage wise may not be a crash, but can't be making people with money invested happy

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Does almost 2% equate to crashing?

To the losers, yes.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Shanghai opened -4%.
Nikkei *could* be a slow rolling crash based on the ways to define it. It has almost exceeded a 10% drop in 5 days. That puts it barely in correction territory. If it drops below that, it's technically a crash (although the definitions conveniently change and I've heard in the past week that even 30% drops can be "corrections." It's all smoke and mirrors mixed with semantics.)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Back on MLK day in '08 the global stock markets were getting slammed and they stepped in and cut the Fed funds rate on Tuesday.

I know what most people are thinking but stranger actions have been taken..

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
At 9:52p EST (22 minutes after opening), China is down 7.05%. I know that China has set aside close to a Trillion (USD) (i believe) for market correction. Does anyone know how that works. How much they can inject a day/ how much they have alreeady used to pad the markets?
I'm thinking Japan is happy to have closed for the day at -2.67%. Gonna be a long day for investors!
edit on 23-8-2015 by For Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Back on MLK day in '08 the global stock markets were getting slammed and they stepped in and cut the Fed funds rate on Tuesday.

I know what most people are thinking but stranger actions have been taken..

It's 0.25% right now. They can't cut it anymore without making money free. The Fed is out of bullets, their capes are ripped to shreds, and there is no safety net left. If we repeat 2007/2008, it's over Johnny.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is the only remaining bullet: www.wsj.com...

It was test fired 6 weeks ago and we may be very likely to see it again this week in action. It's just a question of whether they are willing to sacrifice the NASDAQ in the interim or if they'll hit the switch on a system-wide shut down to give the power movers a chance to be contacted and get their priority shares aligned for action.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Euro zone dropped their rate from .25 down to .15 then finally .05 percent Japan is 0%.
Not meaningless when their rhetoric has been "we're going to sky rocket rates!".
would surprise a lot of people and crash the US dollar unless the Brits followed suit.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Euro zone dropped their rate from .25 down to .15 then finally .05 percent Japan is 0%.
Not meaningless when their rhetoric has been "we're going to sky rocket rates!".
would surprise a lot of people and crash the US dollar unless the Brits followed suit.

I don't think it could happen without a federal withdrawl limit placed on cash from banks. The 0.25% rate currently seen has amazingly not crippled deposits and savings, but dropping below that would almost certainly cause bank runs because it would remove any benefit of keeping your wealth in the bank. Euro Zone and Japan instituted cash controls and withdrawl limits.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join