It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not My Dog...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
a reply to: calstorm

Um..cooked..but I think she is used to raw..as I just let her out and she is chasing bunnies. I'm pretty sure she has been eating bunnies...which is a problem for me..lol

hopefully it is easily remedied...

thanks,
blend57

As a lifelong animal lover and an amateur dog rescuer, wanted to show my respect for saving the pup. I have seen may times, dogs randomly finding their way to the people that need them the most.
I rescued an abandoned Shih-Tzu that was left behind by his family when they moved. He was locked inside the home for three weeks. No food, no water, complete darkness and during the hottest time of year in California. After a friend of a friend, told me about this pup, I immediately drove down there and didn't think twice about breaking the window because there was no other way I could get in. I didn't consider keeping him myself at first, but after I gave him a nice bath and we cuddled on my bed as we fell asleep, we already had a strong bond being formed. He was 13-14 years old, had every non-life threatening medical issue in the world (i spent a small fortune on him) and people would say he's the ugliest dog they've ever seen. But to me, he was gorgeous. He was my constant companion for four years, until he died last year.
I didn't have any dog food on hand when I first got him, and so I made him filet mignon. Big mistake! He expected it every night after that. Kind of ridiculous that I would be eating cup of noodles many nights while that sweet mut enjoyed steak. Lol.
Are you thinking about a name for "not my dog?"

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just love stories of animals adopting people!

I would not want that dog returned to an owner who may have abused her and not fed her properly. Take her to the vet ASP and keep her. She has already decided to keep you.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Yeah..well, lets just get through the night with the pillow hogging beast.. lol,

I'll update tomorrow on the vet and whether or not I'm gonna keep her. Can't send her to the pound, that's for sure..I don't have it in me to do such things.

Thanks to everyone again, very helpful information. I'm sure the pillow hog will be spoiled rotten by the end of the week.

Thanks again,
blend57

Not my dog has already made her home....I look forward to hearing about her vet appt.

I also look forward to the new name you give her once you take her home.

lol

You already know you are going to keep her.....am I right?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Oh he will keep her! Besides, SHE already decided. LOL

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Okay Baby Boyo, I am thinking that "Not My Dog" will turn into "She's My Girl" by this time tomorrow night!

I think a sweet girl found a sweet boy, and you two are meant for each other...

I bet your Vet will give her some canned Science Diet dog food - probably Lamb and Rice. Very gentle on the tummy and rich in fat to build up her body weight.

Also, she needs some treats! That will show love and fun to her. Try Milkbone Marrow Treats - yummy and full of vitamins and minerals.

You are a good guy and she is a lucky girl!

Welcome to the world of pet parenting - dogs are the one thing in life that never let you down.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Good morning,

I hope you have decided to keep that beautiful sweet baby. It may be wrong but a part of me hopes you don't find the owners, in the first picture she looks terrified... and by some of the things you said, I suspect she was abused. There are a lot of people out there with animals that don't deserve them.

Sounds like this little pup loves you already.

I hope the two of you end up being best of friends.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Yeah, I got her a vet appointment @ 1:30.

I am gonna keep her..

I can't help it..when I woke up with her butt in my face..that was it for me..

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 14-8-2015 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Alright, alright..I said I was keeping her! Boy, you guys are relentless

I think all of you and the dog are conspiring against me.....

blend57

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well... that's what you get for introducing her on a conspiracy site

Butt in your face? Wait 'til it's a wet nose right in your eye.

Still hoping for the best for you both.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

When you go to the vet, have her checked for a chip. There may be a family worried sick and missing their dog. I would do more to find her owners. Someone has been caring for her, because she's in good shape. I'd put up fliers.

I agree with whoever said she looks like a Jack Russel mix.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I will..although I will be very upset if I find out she has an owner. probably need some antidepressants..lol

All joking aside, it doesn't matter if she has an owner, I still want to make sure Not My Dog is taken care of. No matter how the whole thing turns out. And if there is no chip, then I will need help naming her...

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

You mean...butt in the face isn't up close and personal enough for her? It was for me.....

I'm sure everything will go as it should with her. But I am glad no matter what that I got to spend some time with her and keep her safe for a bit..

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yay! She will have a good and loving home! If it turns out that she has a chip, I hope to hell that person isn't abusing her and feeds her properly and loves her.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
LMAO! I knew she would win in the end. I'm glad she's getting a good home.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Me too..I doubt she has one though..out here, hardly anyone does that..I'm in the middle of nowhere..Just want her to be taken care of is all.

We will see at 1:30...I'm getting anxious about the whole thing though..just want to know and move on in whatever direction I have to move on in..ya know?

Hopefully I get a new running partner though

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

As she was not looking bedraggled....and more of less in the middle of nowhere, me guess is she was recently dropped off by folks who..for whatever reason...could no longer care for her.

I hope you and your new friend can spend many years together.
She obviously knows a good person when she sees one....look how quickly she could win your affections.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Aww, you are too kind. Thank you.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I still want to make sure Not My Dog is taken care of. ...And if there is no chip, then I will need help naming her...

I would suggest "MyDog", Jax or Sadie.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

And how is your new little girl doing today? Better? She is absolutely adorable...I hope you keep her. You've lightened her spirit and she trusts you.

ETA: Forgot to tell you yesterday...I think she's a Jack Russell blend. And they love to chase small animals, have a very strong prey instinct. That would explain the willingness to run that far too, lol.

edit on 31351America/ChicagoFri, 14 Aug 2015 13:35:27 -050031pm31225America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: eta

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

As she was not looking bedraggled....and more of less in the middle of nowhere, me guess is she was recently dropped off by folks who..for whatever reason...could no longer care for her.

I hope you and your new friend can spend many years together.
She obviously knows a good person when she sees one....look how quickly she could win your affections.

You're right, other than the skinniness and cowering, she looks good. It could have been anyone who was abusing her...not necessarily her owners. Or someone could have taken her away from an abuser but, unable to keep her, dropped her off in an area in hopes that she'd be found and taken in by someone.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join