It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPLC starts new campaign of historical cleansing "Erasing Hate"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Many killed themselves, rather than to be slaves. Besides the Caribbean, a lot of New England states had Indian slaves. Many were shipped off to the West Indies.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

A few years ago, the SPLC splashed some headlines here on ATS,
they were a controversial source of painting patriots like Ron Paul
and his supporters as people who were worthy of scrutiny as
potential terrorist activity. Looking back on that, it seemed
crazy at that time the SPLC had any credibility.

Now It is obvious where this leads to, and the scary thing
is I heard mention of the them on mainstream news last week,
someone or some organization they had "identified", as if
the SPLC was a credible source or organization!

How did this happen? It is time to take another deep look into this.

SPLC is a source that is used in training by our current administration for our military and other bureaucracies.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ATS is more like a Stormfront Lite every day. It wasn't always like this.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

We were given the warning signs we ignored it . A movie running man eluded to it we ignored it. A fictional book was written 1984 we ignored it . The ministry of truth is on the verge of coming into existence. And we ignore it and say wow you see kim in her new dress or mileys new crazy act oh got to go dont want to miss dancing with the stars.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
ATS is more like a Stormfront Lite every day. It wasn't always like this.

Perhaps you could elaborate for the slow among us and tell me what here precisely is like Stormfront?
Please, do tell since it's so painfully obvious to you.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Painting civil rights groups as the enemy, every other thread being some half baked sensationalist racially charged nonsense, the core message of which can typically be boiled down to assertions that white people are the true victims of racism. I wouldn't have to look far to find examples.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I don't understand why the SPLC still exists after its co-founder admitted it was a for-profit scam operation designed to maximize the number of exotic sports cars the wealthy lawyers who run it have in their garages.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Just because people like you only see racism against minorities as "true racism" does not mean that white people cannot be the victims of racism.

Anybody who questions the "racism can explain all the problems minorities face" narrative is either labelled a racist or told their views mirror Stormfront. It's a convenient way of shutting down debate, not using reasonable and logical arguments but instead resorting to popular buzzwords to silence your opponent.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, I recall a few years ago during Ron Paul's days a few
threads here, heck I might have started one myself.

I imagine what might be next is those flags with
dangerous animals on them, that eat humans.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Oh, really?

Care to share with the rest of the class?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
*peeks in*

so many conflicting threads...

one day a thread pops up glorifying "X" , then a bunch get behind it,

next week thread "Y" will contradict "X" and a bunch will rally behind it and call out X supporters,

then thread "Y" pops up and guess what...

and right back where it all started.

in any branch of science, there is are no partial truths, just absolutes.

yet when it comes to social issues it can take decades to reason...

its like we pick and chose whats right, wrong, good, bad, righteous, customary, way of life, one sided, ignorant, just, and constitutional.

*walks away still trying to figure out how this board works *

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Speaking from a Brit. The US has little of it's own history as it is (compared to the grand scheme of things). Why eradicate evidence of the confederacy? They weren't exactly Nazi Germany.. People haven't demolished Auschwitz, people haven't destroyed evidence of what happened in Europe in the 1900's.
Nor have people destryoed or forgotten about the British empire and the slave taders we once were.. but people do move on.

Removal of thought is not the right way to move on.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Pssst.. don't mention thread "Z"

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: L.A.B

Speaking from a Brit. The US has little of it's own history as it is (compared to the grand scheme of things). Why eradicate evidence of the confederacy? They weren't exactly Nazi Germany.. People haven't demolished Auschwitz, people haven't destroyed evidence of what happened in Europe in the 1900's.
Nor have people destryoed or forgotten about the British empire and the slave taders we once were.. but people do move on.

Removal of thought is not the right way to move on.

Do they have Swastikas engraved on the entry walls of the state capital?

People walk by stuff and symbols all the time - - - probably not even knowing what they mean.

I see this more as an awareness campaign.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

lol yea. I meant Z.

theres no point to even edit it....

let Y repeat itself because this thread will repeat itself when the cycle is due again.

hehehe

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I fought these beasts from within.. Putin is not with this agenda, he's a real Christian and he's deep in the game and in the know.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Just to be clear you're saying that arguing against removing all public traces of the Confederacy is denying someone their civil rights?
I don't know what else it could mean in context here.

edit on 14-8-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
All of this nonsense about flags and slavery is part of a bigger picture that has nothing to do with racism.

It has everything to do with demonizing Southern culture in general. the whole SE United States are predominantly red states. They are the ones that have lots of guns, hate big government spending and corruption. They are the ones that are generally much more self sufficient and more apt to refuse a government handout. They are the ones that are most vocal about government spying and intrusion on personal liberties. Funny how out of all of the black people that I live with around here, not one of them has said anything about this confederate flag nonsense except to say that they think its pretty stupid to think a flag can be racist.

The world is absolutely ridiculous and insane.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Painting civil rights groups as the enemy, every other thread being some half baked sensationalist racially charged nonsense, the core message of which can typically be boiled down to assertions that white people are the true victims of racism.

So you are saying that only white people can be racist?

I don't even know where to begin with the ignorance in that statement.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Being 'offended' seems to be getting a lot of play lately, from 'anti Confederates' and those wishing to bully their beliefs on anyone not in their warped little world.

My take on being 'offended' .......... it's a Mental Illness. The use of titles is also a last grasp attempt to try to force some legitimacy to weak limp mall-contents agendas. If they can call you bigot or racist or something-somethingphobe, they believe they stand on a legitimate power structure. These 'terms' are becoming so old and worn that they barely merit a 'meh' anymore.

Regardless the beliefs of pacifists or the liberal population, the world runs on 'might makes right'..... it is fact. The powers that 'are' didn't get there by simply suggesting fluffy flowery stances and policy, it was instead hard fought and seized.

Like it or not, you have over a hundred million Southerners that say otherwise to this 'cleansing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join