It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Center for Medical Progress

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

well maybe you should pay your taxes on time and they wont audit you

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
And this is long but pretty informative, particularly the section on possible CMP collusion with the GOP. [Link]

If it turns out that Congress was behind CMP and this was a coordinated effort, that's a scandal bigger than what the IRS was doing. But so far the only proof of that is that some Republican lawmakers were given advance notice on the videos, not that they were behind helping to produce them.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

And this is long but pretty informative, particularly the section on possible CMP collusion with the GOP. [Link]

If it turns out that Congress was behind CMP and this was a coordinated effort, that's a scandal bigger than what the IRS was doing. But so far the only proof of that is that some Republican lawmakers were given advance notice on the videos, not that they were behind helping to produce them.

Just think, if this was an issue where the Democrat lawmakers did this, that would be all the evidence Republicans would need to start judging the other side.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Aazadan

What's worse is that they release the unedited videos in conjunction with the edited ones and if you were to actually WATCH them, you can see that they DON'T present the same message that the edited videos do. So in affect they are banking on people pretending like JUST because CMP released unedited videos along with the edited ones, that is all that is needed to confirm that the edited ones aren't lying. Um... no... You STILL need to watch those unedited videos to confirm that.

They rely on the unedited ones being hours long, they know that no one will watch them. It's like agreeing to software EULA's which are actually skimmed by less than 1 in 100,000 who accept them, and almost no one reads the entire things... even the lawyers that write them.

Keeping up with the unedited videos simply takes more time than people have available. If CMP were on the up and up here they would post the summary videos, the full video, and timestamps of each thing in the summary, with context so that people could fact check them. That they don't do this is proof they're trying to be deceptive.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

But I thought I was protected by the Left-wing, Obama-loving, wanna have his babies IRS.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You got it. It's just another propaganda tactic to make it SEEM like they are credible when in reality their credibility is only skin deep.

The biggest tell of all though is all the people getting hot and bothered that I even DARED talk about CMP instead of PP. Nothing screams propaganda louder than when the defenders of it try to deflect away from fact checking their information at all costs.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

well, I do hope that if the investigations find that the accusations are groundless and CMP broke did indeed break the laws that the judges or whoever take into consideration just how much money has been wasted on all these investigations and well make them pay some of that money back to the states and federal gov't!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'd just be happy if CMP ends up with criminal proceedings against them. Forcing them to pay back lost money would just be icing on the cake.

Though, looking at what happened to Live Action after the many times they've tried similar sting operations, I doubt that will happen. What's more likely is that once CMP finishes releasing all their videos, this thing will just blow over a few weeks later. Only for those jackholes to resurface a few years later with a new slew of videos. Just like Live Action. In fact, they are probably banking on that being the worst possible situation they can experience for releasing the videos. Which means that I want SOOOO much to see their faces if they learn that they have to go to jail for what they did.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not so sure. StemExpress is waiting for court dates to address a number of complaints against CMP, including possible theft charges (can't remember exactly what the charge was called).

This will be interesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

But those proceedings are just lawsuits. They aren't criminal cases. They are the equivalent of the civil suit that found OJ guilty of murder. Sure he had to pay a bunch of money, but its not like he went to jail or anything because of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I understand that, but it still implies guilt and responsibility. That may not matter to some if a person doesn't do time, but to the intellectually honest it will mean quite a bit.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: kellyjay

But I thought I was protected by the Left-wing, Obama-loving, wanna have his babies IRS.

are you a politician? no....then you dont matter

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I understand that, but it still implies guilt and responsibility. That may not matter to some if a person doesn't do time, but to the intellectually honest it will mean quite a bit.

Oh don't get me wrong. I will DEFINITELY consider it a win. I'm already prepared to get what I can out of this. I just don't think it will be enough to stop them in the future from restarting this whole song and dance.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

This little tidbit has actually been out there since video one...no one's paying much attention to the conspiracy angle there though. Gee...wonder why....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This little tidbit has actually been out there since video one...no one's paying much attention to the conspiracy angle there though. Gee...wonder why....

I first learned about it from a post here from Krazyshot, it's been posted a few times but quickly gets drowned out. My opinion on it though is that enough facts aren't in yet to condemn them for it but I sure would like to. There's a big difference between giving people in Congress a heads up and coordinating with them ahead of time.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Actually, I think I posted it, and have been, but whatever. Like I said, I haven't waded through all the off-topic regurgitation here, but it was reported on day one of video one. And conveniently ignored by so many. If the very fact that some in Congress got a preview isn't at the very least suspicious, I don't know what is.

Lawmakers Knew Of Planned Parenthood 'Sting' Video Before Its Release

edit on 8/13/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Here is one court ruling in favor of CMP.
BREAKING: Court Rules Against StemExpress On Undercover Planned Parenthood Video
You guys can go back to stroking each other now.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Here is one court ruling in favor of CMP.
BREAKING: Court Rules Against StemExpress On Undercover Planned Parenthood Video
You guys can go back to stroking each other now.

The court order from StemExpress has nothing to do with the validity of the tapes. The StemExpress lawsuit was essentially that CMP never obtained a release to show their staff members on video, therefore they weren't allowed to show them. Even journalists when using video need a release from those on the video in order to show them unless they're the subject of the piece. Because StemExpress personnel were basically just extras in the videos, they said CMP had no right to show them on tape. It had nothing to do with the content being legitimate or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
When one forms a large pile of flammable material, all one needs next is a match. CMP provided the videos as the match.

It is no surprise that Congress, once given the match, would attempt to burn down PP. The arson of ACORN was part of a campaign to make sure low income citizens had one less opportunity to register as Democrats. In that case, as in this one, edited videos were the "evidence" needed to burn down the organization.

At the state level, politicians felt powerless to go against this campaign: (re a bill for "rape insurance")

...a number of her Republican colleagues approached her to say they wished they'd had the courage to vote against the bill. "That was a tough thing to hear," she says. "Not one Republican stood up and defended what they were doing – not one. Every one of them will get up and defend a business tax cut. Not one of them defended this action."

The Stealth War on Abortion

In reality, this is what happens too often when congresspeople vote....

Right to Life of Michigan's president, Barbara Listing, who also sits on the board of the national organization, ....As far back as the early 1990s, recalls former Republican legislator Shirley Johnson, Listing would show up in the gallery and tell pro-life legislators how to vote. "We'd be voting on an amendment, something that those members who vote Right to Life did not have the opportunity to read, and they would look right up there and she'd give them a thumbs up or thumbs down," says Johnson. "Most of us were shocked, but we got used to it."

And burn the nation if you have to....

"The public is so obsessed with the big battle between Democrats and Republicans that they miss the larger philosophical and legal underpinnings developed by this permanent think-tank structure that has been working behind the scenes for years. And now they're in a place where regardless of what's happening with the Supreme Court, they are ready to maximize every opportunity because of the extremely well-funded partnership between the free-marketeers and the religious right that's helping to overhaul the country from the bottom up."

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Actually, I think I posted it, and have been, but whatever. Like I said, I haven't waded through all the off-topic regurgitation here, but it was reported on day one of video one. And conveniently ignored by so many. If the very fact that some in Congress got a preview isn't at the very least suspicious, I don't know what is.

Lawmakers Knew Of Planned Parenthood 'Sting' Video Before Its Release

It certainly explains why abortion suddenly became a hot topic in forums like this a week or two before the first video was released. I was pretty puzzled why people were all of a sudden talking about abortion out of the blue then BAM the first video is released, and that's all we've talked about since.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join