It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Let's Daughter Die to Prevent Dishonor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I wish I could slap this guy. How in the world can you just sit there and watch your child die instead of letting someone save her life. I read some strange stories but this is just crazy. Source

A 20-year-old woman drowned at a beach in Dubai after her father prevented rescuers from saving her because it would "dishonor her,"

"The father was a tall and strong man. He started pulling and preventing the rescue men and got violent with them. He told them that he prefers his daughter being dead than being touched by a strange man," Burqibah said.

Burqibah told Emirates 24|7 that the father believed that if the men touched his daughter, "then this would dishonor her."

I don't even really know what to say about this. Poor girl could have been saved, instead she had to suffer a horrible death. I'm still trying to figure out how she would have been dishonored by having her life saved.
edit on 10-8-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't let anyone's child die if I had to kiss a moose's ass in public. How can this guy live with himself?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
I wish I could slap this guy. How in the world can you just sit there and watch your child die instead of letting someone save her life. I read some strange stories but this is just crazy. Source

A 20-year-old woman drowned at a beach in Dubai after her father prevented rescuers from saving her because it would "dishonor her,"

"The father was a tall and strong man. He started pulling and preventing the rescue men and got violent with them. He told them that he prefers his daughter being dead than being touched by a strange man," Burqibah said.

Burqibah told Emirates 24|7 that the father believed that if the men touched his daughter, "then this would dishonor her."

I don't even really know what to say about this. Poor girl could have been saved, instead she had to suffer a horrible death. I'm still trying to figure out how she would have been dishonored by having her life saved.

The beauty of organized religion; they say that agnostics and atheists are bad and evil….
edit on 10-8-2015 by notmyrealname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I don't think that is a fair thing to say. There is no information as whether or not that this guy was religious. Religious or not, allowing something like this to happen to your own kid is F'd up.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker
Outrageous! This is what's wrong with religious and cultural beliefs. This father should be brought into the middle of an ocean and have him succumb to drowning! His daughter had her whole life ahead of her and he decided to play God! Love for someone should transcend any belief. This father clearly didn't possess the emotional concept!

edit on 10-8-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The woman drowned and her father was arrested

I hope is charged with her death.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Makes you wonder why the dad didn't jump in and save her himself...

Horrifying.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

The beauty of organized religion; they say that agnostics and atheists are bad and evil….

There is nothing in any organized religion that caused this father to act like an idiot. It is a cultural issue, not religious. You seem like you just want to attack religion. Sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Outrageous! This is what's wrong with religious and cultural beliefs. This father should be bought into the middle of an ocean and have him succumb to drowning! His daughter had her whole life ahead of her and he decided to play God! Love for someone should transcend any belief. This father clearly didn't possess the emotional concept!

Do you have any evidence that this guy is religious? I don't recall seeing anything in the article which suggest that was the reason why he let her drown. Dishonor can mean alot things you know.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Outrageous! This is what's wrong with religious and cultural beliefs. This father should be bought into the middle of an ocean and have him succumb to drowning! His daughter had her whole life ahead of her and he decided to play God! Love for someone should transcend any belief. This father clearly didn't possess the emotional concept!

Do you have any evidence that this guy is religious? I don't recall seeing anything in the article which suggest that was the reason why he let her drown. Dishonor can mean alot things you know.

9 times out of 10 it will be because of Sharia law.
The man most likely felt he would be dishonored if he let a bunch of men touch his daughter in front of him but his cowardice makes him state she would be dishonored. Well, she is dead and his honor is in tact from his point of view so all is well in his mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Come on guys, there is no proof that this guy was Muslim or of any kind of religion. Maybe he was, but right now that is all speculation. Besides, since when did Asians become die hard Muslims?

The father, identified only as a “tall and strong” Asian expatriate, wrestled with the lifeguards even as his daughter, 20, screamed for help before slipping beneath the waves for the last time, Lieutenant-Colonel Ahmed Burqibah, deputy director of the police search and rescue department, told the Emirates 24/7 newspaper.

“The Asian father took his wife and kids to the beach for picnic and fun,” he said.

Do people really hate religion that much? What about all the murders and child rapes committed by atheist agnostics, oh, we shouldn't talk about that though huh.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Come on guys, there is no proof that this guy was Muslim or of any kind of religion. Maybe he was, but right now that is all speculation. Besides, since when did Asians become die hard Muslims?

The father, identified only as a “tall and strong” Asian expatriate, wrestled with the lifeguards even as his daughter, 20, screamed for help before slipping beneath the waves for the last time, Lieutenant-Colonel Ahmed Burqibah, deputy director of the police search and rescue department, told the Emirates 24/7 newspaper.

“The Asian father took his wife and kids to the beach for picnic and fun,” he said.

Do people really hate religion that much? What about all the murders and child rapes committed by atheist agnostics, oh, we shouldn't talk about that though huh.

No, we shouldn't talk about things not related to the OP, it is called derailment.

Southeast Asia has a huge Muslim population.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Death before dishonour??... Having no children and keeping religious beliefs aside; how can one let his/her own parish. Is not having a child equated to having ones heart outside of the physical body? I find no basis for this. It saddens me... greatly...

new topics

top topics

join