It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wales to wake up 4 Weird stories ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Skirrid Mountain Inn near Abergavenny has a pretty good claim. Not only is it the oldest pub in Wales but it is claimed that 182 people have been hanged on its staircase - although quite who did the counting is not made clear. Plas Teg near Mold though claims to be even spookier, with its owners running regular ghost tours. The 17th century manor house is said to have several different spirits haunting it - although why Plas Teg should be spook central is not clear. Some apparitions are more real than others, of course. The wild boars of Monmouth may sound like something from the Mabinogi but, in all likelihood probably owe more to careless husbandry than ancient Welsh legend. Meanwhile the hunt for the grave of Owain Glyndwr continued apace this year with various claimants putting forward theories - mostly involving two different villages called Monnington in western Herefordshire.

Presenting Good Morning Wales on Radio Wales is always a bit of a roller coaster ride...
Each morning, there are 20 or so interviews to do each morning, on subjects varying from the sad and the serious to the bizarre or bonkers. I have always a had a sneaking affection for the slot the GMW team refer to as the "five to nine". Not just because it is the last item on the programme, but because it also gives us our window on the weird.

The Haunted House

Coins On Grave
Some years ago I was living in the village of Coity near Bridgend and had followed the Christmas Eve ritual of a few beers in the Six Bells before heading to the church for midnight mass. My route home took me on a short-cut through the graveyard where I saw something glittering on a newly-dug grave. Placed carefully on the grave were two mint-condition half-crown coins both carrying the date 1940.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hi Horus,

Interesting story but what I'm just telling you is...

In your signature merry christmas meen Joyeux Noel in french not
Heureux Noel hehehe

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hey glad you liked the post,and thanks for pointing out that Heureux which actually means Happy does'nt quite fit ,your right what can I say ...Seems like someone has noticed..I'll change it so you're happy too...

'Merry'..emmm Joyeux Noel ...

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

join