It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Dispatcher Hangs Up On Girl Giving Shot Friend CPR: "Deal With It Yourself"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is just beyond acceptable and a shameful sign of the way things are becoming...

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) -- A New Mexico dispatcher has resigned after telling a panicked 911 caller who was trying to save the life of a shooting victim to "deal with it yourself."

The dispatcher then asks again, "Is he breathing?"

The female responded, "He is barely breathing, how many times do I have to (expletive) tell you?"

"OK, you know what ma'am? You can deal with it yourself. I am not going to deal with this, OK?" the dispatcher says.

It seemed from the tape that Sanchez hung up on the caller in mid-sentence.

"No, my friend is dying .," she said as the call ended.

Link To Source

I really don't know what to say that can possibly add anything to this. Unreal

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Always nice to see my city making national news in such a positive way.
*sigh*

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yes. Shameful.
Good thing the dispatcher resigned.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7/29/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Not surprised this comes out of Albuquerque. Their police force is practically under federal control (due to an incident which could accurately be described as police murdering a man) anyway. NM has some serious issues.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Their police force is practically under federal control (due to an incident which could accurately be described as police murdering a man) anyway.

Not the police.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Some people simply don't have the mental capacity to handle the type of employment they've chosen for themselves, you see it all the time.

But, it really hits home when you see it happen by a person who's job is so vital in saving peoples lives.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I would think being a dispatcher could be a tough gig but wow . Burnout perhaps .

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Not surprised this comes out of Albuquerque. Their police force is practically under federal control (due to an incident which could accurately be described as police murdering a man) anyway. NM has some serious issues.

Yes, we do have serious issues with our police, but to say our police force is "practically under federal control" is ludicrous. It is no such thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yes, we do have serious issues with our police, but to say our police force is "practically under federal control" is ludicrous. It is no such thing.

I'd say they're under no control.

The police answer to the police.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I am still trying to figure out how police officers are relevant to this topic.

This dispatcher acted inappropriately and it was absolutely disgusting.

To see how disgusting humans can be one only has to turn on the news.

She quit. Good riddance.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

www.rollingstone.com...

Federal monitoring was the first oversight recomendation following a federal investigation into the APD. Next step can include the feds temporarily taking control of the department pending the state's response. 28 questionable deaths attributable to APD action... its Albuquerque, not downtown Tel Aviv. Most of their problems are gang related and those problems have a tendency to be self correcting through attrition.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes. Shameful.
Good thing the dispatcher resigned.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"After learning of the alleged misconduct, Driver Matthew Sanchez was immediately removed from the dispatch center and placed on administrative assignment," Albuquerque Fire Chief David Downey said in a statement.

Doesn't seem so.

Someone seems to have a problem with what happened.
edit on 29-7-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Doesn't seem so.

Actually, if you read the OP, it does seem so.

A New Mexico dispatcher has resigned after telling a panicked 911 caller who was trying to save the life of a shooting victim to "deal with it yourself."

And, not a cop.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Here is the recording, this person has some serious issues.

I'm really trying to understand what it was he wasn't gonna deal with? Her cussing? Really what really was his issue?
edit on 29-7-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2015 by LDragonFire because: can't sleep clowns will eat me

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I quoted the article from the OP you quoted.

You said resigned. I said reassigned.

Your sources contradict each other.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I'm really trying to understand what it was he wasn't gonna deal with? Her cussing? Really what really was his issue?

I would put money on it this person was simply not suitable for the job....and that sadly seems to be common place in this society .....

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Are you sure?

A New Mexico dispatcher has resigned after telling a panicked 911 caller who was trying to save the life of a shooting victim to "deal with it yourself."

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Are you sure?

"After learning of the alleged misconduct, Driver Matthew Sanchez was immediately removed from the dispatch center and placed on administrative assignment," Albuquerque Fire Chief David Downey said in a statement.

Direct source from the thread you quoted.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Direct source from the thread you quoted.

Direct from the source I quoted.

Are you serious?
edit on 7/29/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You quoted this thread.

And I used an argument, from that source, to negate your argument.

<<   2 >>

join