It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns African leaders who refuse to step down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I mean, look at the US ... we're the opposite of a tyranny ... we can't get stuff done because we have too many people involved.

A well designed system works like it is supposed to.

While i think our government has tons of flaws....the fact that they can't get anything done in DC is a good thing. I shudder to thinkn what those pandering morons would do if left unabated.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I mean, look at the US ... we're the opposite of a tyranny ... we can't get stuff done because we have too many people involved.

A well designed system works like it is supposed to.

While i think our government has tons of flaws....the fact that they can't get anything done in DC is a good thing. I shudder to thinkn what those pandering morons would do if left unabated.

I don't think "non-action" was what the governmental system was "intended to do."

President Washington warned against political parties, regional factionalism, and meaningless dissension.

Our representative government was intended to consist of good men (and by extension, women) to carry the People's will to Washington to do the People's business.

This may be another one of our "differences" though.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

touche , you got me Big Furry tex

edit on 47731America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jul 2015 16:47:34 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Like I said it depends. I recall riding an article numerous years ago on how the Big Tech corporations like Oracle, MS,and IBM took root in India.

When the locals didn't want to sell their land in the areas they wanted they hired a local thug and gave him fancy tittle to threaten and strong arm the locals to sell.

So i don't disagree with you that their is an advantage of keeping certain tyrants, but if that tyrant does not want to play ball with them then he becomes a burden on their side and they will replace him.

edit on 52731America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jul 2015 16:52:53 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Like I said it depends. I recall riding an article numerous years ago on how the Big Tech corporations like Oracle, MS,and IBM took root in India.

When the locals didn't want to sell their land in the areas they wanted they hired a local thug and gave him fancy tittle to threaten and strong arm the locals to sell.

So i don't disagree with you that their is an advantage of keeping certain tyrants, but if that tyrant does not want to play ball with them then he becomes a burden on their side and they will replace him.

RIGHT! Either work with him or replace him (with another despot willing to play ball).

The "Big Corps" would not for no reason encourage Democracy ... because then you have 100 times as many palms to grease ... as in the US.

These guys are always looking after bottom line.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Is so.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The "Big Corps" would not for no reason encourage Democracy ... because then you have 100 times as many palms to grease ... as in the US.

Yep, but even in the US they have really narrowed it down to two groups that they have to keep on the payroll the DNC and the GOP. Hence they are so opposed to a third party that would require additional greasing.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I remember people on ATS saying that Quadaffi should have never been deposed in Libya.

We should stay out of other countries affairs, they said.

Now when Obama says that leaders should step down, well it is time to go.

Well, how about Obama shuffles on up to Russia and takes a tour. While he is there, he can tell Putin that he should step down.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The Irony is compelling.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Yep, but even in the US they have really narrowed it down to two groups that they have to keep on the payroll the DNC and the GOP. Hence they are so opposed to a third party that would require additional greasing.

Absolutely, my point!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: butcherguy

The Irony is compelling.

Xuenchen, can you actually establish the conspiracy theory this thread is pointing to? What are you alleging these comments of Mr. Obama in Africa actually mean, the hidden, nefarious agenda that your inclusion of this information in this particular forum would suggest?

Thank you kindly for any answer you care to provide!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join