It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Violence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Indeed we will put the study of naked capitalism on the board of study and its affect on this pnenomena

At the same time you must put liberalism and progressive
ism on the board of study.
Both have tendencies toward totalitarianism
"my way, or else" kind of mentality
seen in political correctness
and seen in Climate Change leaders call for killing deniers
www.americanthinker.com...

Progressives are the ones supporting mass "punishment"
and thought control "reeducation"
for those who disagree with them
A fair number of the mass shootings and bombings in the past 40
years have been done by liberals and progressives.
So we must at the same time control the urge of liberals and progressives
to utilize government "pogroms" to reeducate the politically incorrect
or to make people think as they do, or else......
Which can lead to totalitarianism and government approved mass killings

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
gun-related-deaths-per-year of the following countries:

Japan: 39 (0.030/100,000)
Australia: 65 (0.292/100,000)
United Kingdom: 68 (0.109/100,000)
Canada: 165 (0.484/100,000)
France: 255 (0.389/100,000)
Germany: 381 (0.466/100,000)
United States: 11,127 (3.601/100,000)

Something is wrong with that picture no?

There is, but you're forgetting something. Remember, the US typically has around 5,000 yearly homicides that do not involve a firearm at all. The US non-firearm related homicide rate, taken alone, is typically as high, if not higher than the overall homicide rate of those countries you mentioned. Ban the guns and that number is going to skyrocket.

The real issues are far deeper than the gun laws, but no one in government wants to address them, because unfortunately, it might offend the sensibilities of some of their constituents on election day. And so, we blame the inanimate object, even though we know full well that its just the means, not the motivator, and that a very large percentage of those crimes will still occur by some other method.

edit on 25-7-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
OP. you do realize that the US is not the only country with mass death or murder correct? look at africa and boko haram for a example.wiping out entire villages. Also the coverage increased so its just appearing to increase but in fact its not.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Also the coverage increased so its just appearing to increase but in fact its not.

Agreed. Its a skewed perception that's the result of the modern 24 hour news cycle and the internet. The reality is that violent crime and homicides in the US have been trending downward for two decades and are sharply lower than they were in the early 90s.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yes I realize that and I actually mentioned it many times

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I ALREADY DID THAT!

If you would have read when I mentioned Hollywood and the liberals sex and violence on tv and movies

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: grandmakdw

I ALREADY DID THAT!

If you would have read when I mentioned Hollywood and the liberals sex and violence on tv and movies

Blaming violence on anything but a persons own actions is really tired and lame. Ive watched violent movies,killed thousands in games. Sure i have thoughts sometimes of killing someone but i dont. know why? Because its wrong. These people most likely do not realize its wrong or they just dont care.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Hey, nobody is advocating banning guns.

I am all *for* people owning guns. Especially with our crazy world government.. somebody has to keep them in check. In fact that is the sole reason I am for citizens owning guns. Not so they can defend themselves from criminals, but to keep our government in check. You lose your guns and you are defenseless, and voiceless.

I am addressing the problem as you say - the violence and homicides.. for a *first world* nation we have the highest, and by a ridiculous margin (from other first-world nations). And the problem, most of all - our mental condition in general; it is not in a healthy state.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That's a really good point. I remember in the 70's, there was more of a sense of community, and people actually enjoying each others company. Now people are suspicious of each other and distant.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

My intent was only to provide context and perspective to the statistics you posted and to argue that we, as a society, generally take the wrong approach in dealing with this problem by advocating restrictions on objects rather than addressing the real, underlying issues that are the root cause of the problems. It wasn't intended to come across as an attack on you or your positions, and if it did, I do apologize.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join