It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of Protesters Rally In Times Square Against Iran Nuclear Deal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Ya, sanctions on China...
That will totally work.

And banning the product our nation practically runs on.
Well not necessarily oil from the ME but oil in general.

My god I don't even want to imagine the gas prices if we didn't take any oil from the ME.

The cost of everything else would go through the roof as well as they would have to pay for their transportation of the goods.

Great plan, screw pretty much our entire nation because Israel crying.
edit on rdThu, 23 Jul 2015 18:12:46 -0500America/Chicago720154680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Thousands of demonstrators gathered in Times Square Wednesday evening in protest over the recent landmark nuclear deal with Iran.

Protest!

Protest organizers proclaim: “Washington is prepared to give Iran virtually all that it needs to get to the bomb. To release $150 billion to Iran will result in the expansion of worldwide terror.”

Protest!!!!!!!

This is exactly is what is going to happen. This deal could not have come at a better time. After years of Iran propping up Assad in Syria, and years of Iran and Saudi fighting each other in Iraq. After same deal going on in Yemen.

Like those protestors I have a very low opinion of Iran, but they are not the only country in the middle east I have a low opinion of. Think the same thing about Saudi Arabia our so called 'ally'.

The US, and Saudi have been 'best' bud's since FDR, and they have done nothing but stab us in the back for decades. Iran will continue the status quo.

So let me frame this to where American politico's can easily understand.

Should the US be making deals, and making concessions to a bunch of RIGHT wing neocon's clinging to their guns,nukes, and religion. Something the current administration has nothing, but contempt for here in the US.

If some people were being consistent we wouldn't be.

There is a one giant crap storm coming.

Do you know anything whatsoever about Iran? Besides what you have been 'told' by the war-mongers?

Name a single one of their 'famous' agricultural products?

Are there more women or men college graduates in Iran?

How about the population - age breakdown?

Medical Care?

Anything?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
It's funny that so many people believe this deal allows Iran to make the bomb. It's ignorance at its finest and I can't really blame the public at large and that's because they listen to lying politicians and ratings driven media outlets.

If Iran complies with the deal they will not have the capabilities to make a bomb. If Iran at any point fails to follow any part of the deal then all bets are off and we're back at square one.

Republican presidential candidate and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina criticized the freshly inked nuclear deal with Iran, saying in a "CBS This Morning" interview, "There is a lot of reason to be suspicious here."

"It would be different if Iran was a good actor and had negotiated in good faith all this time but they haven't and we've caved many times," Fiorina said. "I've never negotiated an Iran nuclear deal, but I've negotiated a lot of high-stakes deals, and there are a couple of rules and every rule has been broken. If you want a good deal, you've got to walk away sometimes. We never did."

She suggested the U.S. could not trust the verification components of the deal because they do not allow access to Iran's military sites and because Iran has sought to break agreements in the past. Under the agreement, inspectors can ask for access to the military sites, but, as the Associated Press reported, "access at will to any site would not necessarily be granted."

"I think unfortunately as we know Iran has already cheated on sanctions and inspections regimes so there's no real guarantee right now that the're going to play fair," she said.

Nor, she said, does the approval of the international community mean the deal is good. Fiorina argued that Russia and China were actually negotiating to help Iran (even though they were part of the group of six world powers that included the U.S.) because they have an interest in opening Iran's economy. And the European Union, she said, "has negotiated, frankly, a number of weak deals."

www.cbsnews.com...

If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck......It's duck. Why are you so willing to trust them? They hate us. Of course it is deserved.

Since WW2, America has contributed directly or indirectly to the deaths of millions of Iranians. By deposing a democratic government in Iran, America subjected the population to a ruthless dictator who murdered and tortured thousands. By refusing to hand over Shah Pavlavi, America denied the Iranian people justice. By supplying Saddam Hussein with weaponry and blocking U.N. attempts to curb Saddam’s use of chemical weapons, America contributed to the deaths of millions of Iranians. The current tension between the two nations can only be understood in this historical context. The Iranians have every reason to distrust America. So, why does Iran hate America? It’s not for the pseudo-religious reasons popularized by the government-sanctioned American media. The hatred comes from a history of America blocking the rights and freedoms of the Iranian people, and subjecting them to death and destruction. For a nation that prides itself on freedom and liberty, America has done more to destroy it elsewhere in the world than any other country. Like the Americans did in 1776, people can and will fight against it.

I don't think they will hold any bargain though. Not that there was much of one to hold.
edit on 23-7-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
"Rejecting the deal in Congress would amount to a rejection of not just good faith of the Iranian leadership, but the entire nuclear non-proliferation treaty (NPT), which 198 states currently observe."

list of nations in the non-proliferation treaty - NPT

In the letter I we can see: IRAQ, IRAN, IRELAND, ITALY... but no ISRAEL? wow! Israel war mongering, racist, bias, (terrorist?) nation is out? wait minute .. what amazingly twisted logic we got around here!!

Yeah you say all those things about Israel and neglect to mention that Israel has been attacked by Arab countries since '46-'47. I guess if I had the same kind of history I wouldn't be so quick to give up the weapons that are keeping from being wiped off the map. But you go on being an anti-semite if it makes you feel any better about your life.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Do you know anything whatsoever about Iran?

Do you ?

Like American prisoners.

Their track record on gay rights,womens rights, and the wonderful all star resort Evin Prison for political prisoners.

I love their education system over there. It's just freaking AWESOME.

edit on 23-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

And they didn't do any attacking before 46-47?

If these countries really wanted Israel off the map then I would imagine they wouldn't be expanding like they are.

But you go on being an anti-semite if it makes you feel any better about your life.

That's cute, if you talk bad about Israel you are an anti-semite.

Anecdotal here so take it with a grain of salt but a very good friend of mine went to Israel because he became very religious after high school.

He just got back to the states not to long ago and shared with me he could't stand bibi and his constant quest for war and hate.

So guess he must have been one of those self hating jews.

Again, purely anecdotal and not meant to be proof of anything, just a story to share.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Did you hear what John Stewart said last night?

Instead of sanctions on Iran, we ought to just use predatory loan practices on them, and bankrupt them like Greece.

LOL

Let the IMF and World Bank get in there along with a bunch of American companies to "Americanize" their economy...pretty soon the USA will have a lot more leverage over Iran than they do now.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Iran sure has its faults and trust issues but so does the U.S., & the entire world. This deal is about trying to keep some sort of peace between nations. Without diplomacy all roads lead to more war, and I'm war weary. The military industrial complex isn't war weary though and wants to keep the money machine running at full steam.

So as untrustworthy as all parties have been and can potentially be, let this deal happen and each party prove itself.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This video was uploaded on youtube on the 11th of July, 2015.

edit on 23-7-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Hate to state the obvious be peoples problems with Iran began long before the current potus.

Of course they did...and many of those problems remain unresolved - but there sayings like not throwing out the baby with the bathwater and not cutting off your nose to spite your face have been around for donkey's years for a reason - if you can solve ONE problem then that is a start!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Warmongering Israeli and U.S. politicians always have such nice things to say about Iran too. Reminds me of a letter sent to him not long ago by a bunch of jackass senators.

The barking will always be apart of the show.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Do you know anything whatsoever about Iran?

Do you ?

Like American prisoners.

Their track record on gay rights,womens rights, and the wonderful all star resort Evin Prison for political prisoners.

I love their education system over there. It's just freaking AWESOME.

Four - four US citizens are held in Iran.

And yes it isn't all happiness a light SARCASM AHEAD like in the good ole US of A.

A common tactic of the ignorant (meaning uneducated) especially the willifully obtuse is to not answer the question(s) posed - but ask unrelated questions instead. There is a formal name for this sort of subderfuge but it escapes me.

As for the education in the country one of the crises they have is to many college grads without the jobs for them - most migrate to other countries for work - kind of like how Indians migrate here - where we don't have the high level graduates to fill many jobs.

Here's a paper from Brandeis University on the subject:

www.brandeis.edu...

The rapid growth in enrollment has continued without interruption, and the latest official figure for 2014 is 4,367,901 students.

5 The increase in enrollment in private universities has mostly been due to the equally rapid expansion of a
public university for long-distance education called Payam Nur University, as well as Islamic Azad University as demonstrated in Figure 1.

Yes they have 'religious' universities as the US and other nations do as well.

And by the way - they have managed to provide free eduction to all who qualify for entrance.

At least I take the time to learn something about 'others' before condemning them, their country and their religion. They had just as much right to revolt against the shah as we did against the British. We don't have to like it or them but to participate in the hate/war mongering and spreading easily refuted lies on behalf of all mightly profit is the precise definition of -- well I won't say that -- ingnorance.

edit on 23-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

A common tactic of the ignorant (meaning uneducated) especially the willifully obtuse is to not answer the question(s) posed - but ask unrelated questions instead. There is a formal name for this sort of subderfuge but it escapes me.

Educated to know what a red herring is as the above is CLEARLY.

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form: Topic A is under discussion. Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A). Topic A is abandoned. This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.

www.nizkor.org...

This post began the red herrings.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ok.

a reply to: neo96

As opposed to going to full scale war ?

Quite a bit considering how much of the west business is there.

The money dries up. So does the money funding those regimes.

It's not really a choice Neo. You're saying either we put sanctions on China, or we follow through with a full scale war. Considering that alot of western businesses are heavily invested in China in the billions, not to mention the amount of debt we owe to China, not to mention our economy being heavily linked to China's, sanctions are unrealistic. The vast majority of the international community, and many in DC, will laugh at this idea.

So all you have left is war. Good luck marketing that alternative to the rest of the nation and the world.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Hey don't ask questions you don't like the answers too.

You asked what my solution was.

It was answered, and it wasn't war now was it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Ya his piece last night was great!

And the cherry on top with trump talking about it all.

I personally laughed more then I think I should of at the drone named Diplomacy.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Republican presidential candidate and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina criticized the freshly inked nuclear deal with Iran, saying in a "CBS This Morning" interview, "There is a lot of reason to be suspicious here."

Was she able to back those claims up?
And had/has she read the deal before making those claims?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Hey don't ask questions you don't like the answers too.

This isn't a matter of whether I like the answers or not. It's a matter of whether opponents to diplomacy, like yourself here, have any viable alternatives at hand and the truth is, you don't. It's all talk with nil substance. You've demonstrated this rather clearly. 'Sanctions on China', that's it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Then someone clearly did not read this post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

And your answer was in the end just sanctions to china since sanctions to russia are already being done...

Oh ya and BANNING, your emphasis, oil from the ME.

Which I guess you just want to turn a blind eye to the huge implications that has to our nation that already has gas prices at close to 5 dollars.
And transports something like 90% of it's goods by semi's.

But lets not take the oil, that makes sense.
That will show Iran!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join