It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth wobble?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I just did a search on the possibility of the earth's rotation being affected by the tsunami and there is some possibility of a 'wobble'.

Now if it does 'wobble' any more then there's real possibility of the antartic causing a larger 'wobble'. The antartic ice sheet is 'not centered' and if the earths axis is 'tilted' further, then the effects would be truely disasterous.

And a side note from memory: the earth will wobble, wars and rumors of wars, pestilance, famines.... seems like I read this somewhere

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
sg.news.yahoo.com...

An earthquake that unleashed deadly tidal waves on Asia was so powerful it made the Earth wobble on its axis and permanently altered the regional map, US geophysicists said.

this is your proof

In addition, the energy released as the two sides of the undersea fault slipped against each other made the Earth wobble on its axis, Hudnut said.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How is a tsunami supposed to make the planet 'wobble'? And wobble about what axis?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
original quote-An earthquake that unleashed deadly tidal waves on Asia was so powerful it made the Earth wobble on its axis and permanently altered the regional map, US geophysicists said.

edited- An earthquake was so powerful it made the Earth wobble on its axis and permanently altered the regional map, US geophysicists said.

Take out the descriptive of the earthquake in bold....

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My assumption is that the shift in water, which is very heavy, could throw us a bit. Like swinging a bag of water around, it moves 'smoothly' until something happens. Or if you had a top with some glued on decorations and it's spinning just fine, looking good. Until one of the decorations flies off and now the top is 'unbalanced', it doesn't spin as it would.

The axis would be the magnetic axis which the earth rotates around (not the polar axis).

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Earth Wobble

I surmise from this article that the force of the tremor that of "a million nuclear bombs" would be the cause of the wobble. That much energy release at once in a small area would have to have some impact...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think that the "wobble" is so tiny that you could only measure it with a lot of very good scientific instruments.

The Earth wobbles, anyway. There's some sort of cycles that cause ice ages and it has to do with earth wobble and orbital wobble that has always existed.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Although I haven't check my handy source Space.com and other resourceful web sites I have a few predictions of what this might be:

I believe the Earth wobbled. But I doubt anything major will happen because of this. The wobble most likely will not effect our daily lives, or our world as we know it. I would still welcome any evidence which disputes this.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuatara
My assumption is that the shift in water, which is very heavy, could throw us a bit. Like swinging a bag of water around, it moves 'smoothly' until something happens.....

Katolu is right, it was the earthquake not the tsunami that made the earth wobble.
Earthquakes release alot of energy period, but a 9.0 mag.....wow.....

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
Although I haven't check my handy source Space.com and other resourceful web sites I have a few predictions of what this might be:

I believe the Earth wobbled. But I doubt anything major will happen because of this. The wobble most likely will not effect our daily lives, or our world as we know it. I would still welcome any evidence which disputes this.

what you're asking for 'evidence' is like calling on someone to prophesise (sp). I respect the call for evidence, but here's just a few things off the top of my head that it may affect: (did I say May?)
- fish populations and coral reefs?
- ice cap glaciers breaking away
- wobbling could trigger the 'magnetic axis shift'
- magnetic pole slightly shifting (affecting bird migrations........)

But I did find some proohesy in Isa 24:20

So I guess we're in the same 'Evidence' boat, neither can confirm or deny this will have effects on the world.
Tuataras Third Eye

Thatsjustwierd: I didn't consider the weight of the land (tetonic) shift.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Tuatara]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I would have to say a tie goes to what the world is like today. I highly doubt it will have any effects. So me proof of the fish dying and the ice cap glaciers braking away. I looked outside, and I don't see any!

I am going to say it flat out: IT WILL NOT EFFECT THE WORLD! It really is as simple as that. If you have no evidence then I guess your theorey won't stand up to anything. If this event was truly major, it should have been all over space sites, including NASA. I usually go with the conspiracies when it comes to spaces(face in MARS, moon landing hoax) excluding being hit by asteroids. I can't agree with you on this one.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn

from what i've heard on newscasts, probably only speculative musings,
are these ?'editorialized'? fact-oids

Sumatria has geologically moved 90 feet
the planets' rotation has been changed, time to reset the Atomic Clocks!

by inference, the GPS coordinates in some IndianOcean places are different

so Cruise Missles and SmartBombs must be recalibrated, if indeed there were any targets in the IndianOcean & SouthChinaSea regions....

? Garcia Diego is possibly a target by some-entity, hostile to the USA
~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, Tuatara that fuzzy-memory 'wobble' you noted...is stated as
'earth, reeling like a drunkard' somewhere in the scripture-myth

plus, i'll have to firmly grasp my iced-tea glass from now on !, i don't want those floating icecubes to tip over my glass after i stir the ice around...

have a nice new year

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Noted: I have no 'evidence'

Just WOWs! Am I going to live today like it's my last, hopefully.
Am I going to watch out for my ice cubes spilling, not today.

Just speculation beyond all the killing and mayhem that's occuring in todays world.

Nemaste,
Tuataras Third Eye

I hope you catch this Edit: Mystical Uni: ,
, lets hope I'm not right.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Tuatara]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So clearly I won our little argument. Well I suppose it is always good to deny some ignorance. (Sigh)

The Supreme Mystical Unicornial Court of Law and Justice finds Tuatara in the case of Tuatara vs. The Unicornial, GUILTY of Speculation and conspiracy against our globe. YOU KNOW TOO MUCH! Lock him up!

I'm just joking!

Though I did win the argument!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
rotation change

Before anyone gets their undies in a bunch over this remember that the Earth�s rotation speed also changes seasonally as air masses heat up and move.

Do you remember the old comparison, the depths of the ocean are to the earth as a whole as the skin is on an apple.

top topics

join