It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, here's a tip: Guys don' t want to watch chick movies.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

Yeah and when the movie is over, he bears the brunt of the emotional trauma it caused her. Sad ending or happy ending doesn't matter. He still gets # because of it. Hell, I had a girlfriend who would get mad at me every time she finished a romance novel. Good grief :/

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Malynn

Yeah and when the movie is over, he bears the brunt of the emotional trauma it caused her. Sad ending or happy ending doesn't matter. He still gets # because of it. Hell, I had a girlfriend who would get mad at me every time she finished a romance novel. Good grief :/

interesting.. I always got the good stuff...

you guys make me feel like a king. Thanks for that.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Entire relationships are spent doing crap you don't want to do...they are awful....and its a good reason im single..however....

Dont you ever knock the Notebook....ever.....# made me cry.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

originally posted by: nonspecific
I am a lucky man as Mrsnonspecific likes scifi and stupid UK reality like masterchef.

She likes Sci-fi huh. What about Wife Swap?

Can't even persuade my other half to watch Star Wars!
edit on 14-7-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Yeah, you really, really DO wanna watch our chicken flicks. We like them for a reason just like we like chocolate....ahem...

Someone else said it ... not me. But I'll point out that when I get ahold of a good romance that steams, it can get the engine revving pretty good. So don't be so quick to turn down the chick flicks.

Now, I am not visually motivated, so I don't much like chick flicks, but for me, a good romance novel (or a good novel with a nice romantic storyline) will do the same trick.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

But not in a good way, she OPINIONS about this.

Our first and only real argument was about the "new" star trek movies.

She liked them I disagreed and it got out of control, if I remember correctly one of us went to stay on a mates sofa it got that bad.

She was wrong although she refuses to admit it, deep down I know I am right.

Stargate is different the only thing we argue about is the amount of times Daniel Jackson actually dies and then comes back again.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Well that's interesting because I read somewhere the worst thing to do is bring a first date to a romance movie. Reason being, they slip into love with the main character and forget all about you. Woman will get all wrapped up in the story line. The best movie for dates is horror flicks believe it or not. Because now they see you as their protector. The place a man really wants to be anyway. Not the chump who's life is compared to a fictional movie character.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Technically, Mallrats, Clerks/II, and Chasing Amy are romantic comedies, which means I own 4!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'll watch whatever the bleep my girlfriend wants to. She's my best friend. I think its far less manly to allow a movie to define your masculinity. Some of those movies aren't half bad either, I've been surprised by a number of them.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Well that's interesting because I read somewhere the worst thing to do is bring a first date to a romance movie. Reason being, they slip into love with the main character and forget all about you. Woman will get all wrapped up in the story line. The best movie for dates is horror flicks believe it or not. Because now they see you as their protector. The place a man really wants to be anyway. Not the chump who's life is compared to a fictional movie character.

First date is drinks and dinner if that goes well..
first date is for talking not sitting there..

we were talking about watching movies with our gf/wife in most of the thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Pretty sure that's a crime against humanity.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

My man watches "chick flicks!" He doesn't mind them at all. He even owns "The Notebook" and quoted my favorite scene to me recently in a very sweet romantic way!!

Maybe these men who are so anti chick flick should watch them! Maybe it will help them with the ladies! It's called compromise! If you can't enjoy something your partner does then find another! I've watched Kung fu movies, football which I HATE (even went to a game), westerns and various other genres I don't care for yet my partner at the time did. I just enjoyed their company!

I LOVE that my man is open and can watch chick flicks. The fact he owns "The Notebook" makes me love him even more lol. He's the only guy I've ever been with since that movie came out who would watch it let alone own it or even QUOTE IT! Yet at the same time he quotes "Star Wars" movies and talks Yoda to me. So yea he's pretty damn awesome in my book!

Nothing wrong with a man who has feelings and emotions!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Pretty sure that's a crime against humanity.

Omg ***GASPS***

I couldn't be with someone who didn't like Star Wars! I can't wait for the new one in December! My man and I are sooooo going and I'm dressing up in a costume!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Having feelings and emotions is different from having to watch terrible movies in my opinion.

Just go to a movie review site and see what these movies get on average, look at how and why they are made.

Cash cows for the movie industry and actors.

They are awful with a few exeptions.

All good women out there will like a chick flick but love a good movie.

There is a difference and I will stand by that if challenged

edit on 14/7/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

it is that chick flicks and romcoms are simply awful.

That is a matter of opinion!

There are some wonderful ones out there and yes there are some crappy ones just like in EVERY movie genre!

"The Notebook" is my favorite movie, after Star Wars of course, and for good reason. It's a great movie about what love is like for two young people over the course of their lives. They were imp the definition of soul mates and true lovers. I cry every time I watch that movie. Oh Allie and Noah!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I think it depends on who she's putting into the protag role in her head. She's envisioning herself as the heroine, of course, so who is opposite her in the cast? Is it you or is it the handsome movie guy?

If it's you, there are no worries. If she's still casting Ryan Gosling ... then you aren't getting anywhere. So who's her "leading man?"

edit on 14-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
When I really think about the action movies my SO has watched lately, John Wick; Furious Seven; a few others...they'd all be nothing with out the love story background...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

fair enough, I get distracted with my own opinions sometimes. Yes back to the topic, chic flicks. I'll do it and sometimes have not regretted it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I understand that you find an attraction to it but will it stand up to the test of time?

Is it a good film, does it have a good plot?

In ten or twenty years time will people still talk about it? Will future generations see it as a defining moment?

Or is it just another chickflick of the time?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Why do women always have to find a love story in a good movie

Sometimes stuff just gets blown up.

(jokes all the way)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join