It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oahu, Hawaii

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'd like Alex Jones to contact me. You want a real story, sir. That Americans need to face up to.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 0700000033212015-07-05T08:21:33-05:00213307am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Jul 5 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

If the native Hawaiian homeless don't want an airline ticket, maybe they could take a bus!

In Hawaii, Old Buses Are Being Turned Into Homeless Shelters

A group of architects envisions a rolling solution to the state's homelessness problem

Hawaii Is Turning a Fleet of Old Buses Into a Brilliant Solution to Fight Homelessness

I don't know how Alex Jones can help!

edit on 5-7-2015 by windword because: fix links

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Great OP. The article really supplements the well written and nicely laid out ideas and statements in the OP.

So there's homeless people in Oahu. I put that together myself since it's not anywhere else in the OP.

Now what? Why would Alex Jones care?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I'd like Alex Jones to contact me. You want a real story, sir.

Shhh… He'll ruin Paradise for sure. Yah, I said Paradise.

The stigma is "homeless", impoverished, poor, destitute, all terms used to lead us to believe there is a problem here that needs to be 'fixed'.

I don't see any problem. These people have more of what most "civilized" people see their whole lives… freedom.

Free from the workaday grind, paying taxes, rent and utilities just to survive so you can watch TV and go to the Mall?

How about a car? Don't need one, ride bikes.

How about an alarm clock, don't need one, rise with the sun, and no place to plug it in anyway.

Together they manage to earn a bit of money and most importantly to them, they are together and not separated in shelters and subject to government bureaucracy.

Yes freedom.

Except now this article calls attention to their "plight" and that very bureaucracy will swoop in, charge them with trespassing, bulldoze their shelters throwing them into the "streets", parks and 7/11 parking lots to beg for change and really be destitute.

Leave them be, I been where they are, they don't want our help, they aren't asking for you to 'fix' them'. They're fine. You're the joke.

Stop seeing their world through your "civilized" eyes.

edit on 5-7-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I'd like Alex Jones to contact me. You want a real story, sir.

Shhh… He'll ruin Paradise for sure. Yah, I said Paradise.

The stigma is "homeless", impoverished, poor, destitute, all terms used to lead us to believe there is a problem here that needs to be 'fixed'.

I don't see any problem. These people have more of what most "civilized" people see their whole lives… freedom.

Free from the workaday grind, paying taxes, rent and utilities just to survive so you can watch TV and go to the Mall?

How about a car? Don't need one, ride bikes.

How about an alarm clock, don't need one, rise with the sun, and no place to plug it in anyway.

Together they manage to earn a bit of money and most importantly to them, they are together and not separated in shelters and subject to government bureaucracy.

Yes freedom.

Except now this article calls attention to their "plight" and that very bureaucracy will swoop in, charge them with trespassing, bulldoze their shelters throwing them into the "streets", parks and 7/11 parking lots to beg for change and really be destitute.

Leave them be, I been where they are, they don't want our help, they aren't asking for you to 'fix' them'. They're fine. You're the joke.

Stop seeing their world through your "civilized" eyes.

Hi intptr

By all means, I surely didn't want to come across as a joker on this subject. Please for give me if I did. As you notice, I said, do you want a real story. Like you, I too know about the freedom Hawaii has to offer for the homeless and homeless families and broken families where children are actually in the shelters because of not enough govt support for the broken family there. As you know, they now have a tent like dome that can house up to 2000 people. Lots have changed since the homeless shelter across the street from Kmart. So yes, I have my story, a true story that Americans should be aware of. As you know, there is now where to hide and no escape when they do come in and... no one knows, not even me. But Alex always talks like a parrot and I'd like to shed some insight with him on how the system works there from going on welfare to SSI. And I'd like to say, i wouldn't recommend it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

By all means, I surely didn't want to come across as a joker on this subject. Please for give me if I did.

No apologies. My comments were directed at the establishment and the hand wringers that run around fixing others, not you.

Thanks for bringing the subject, it holds a dear place in my heart (from an insiders perspective).

Nothing like seeing the world from the outside looking in.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes freedom.

a wise man once wrote words that a woman sang and made famous.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Now what? Why would Alex Jones care?

Slow conspiracy theory day...that's just my guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

One of my favorites.

Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now.
Me and Bobby Mcgee

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

not to derail, but did you know that over 55 different artist have recorded that song.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

not to derail, but did you know that over 55 different artist have recorded that song.

Of course, credit where credit due. I grew up with Janis Joplin, so i thought of her.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The Hawaiian people that are homeless aren't being offered a plane ticket. What they leave out of almost every article about the homeless in Hawaii is that many agencies on the mainland give people a one way ticket to Honolulu and a car ride to the airport. Some even walk them onto the plane to make sure they board.

The VA used to be notorious for doing that with mentally ill veterans. Hawaii planned to give those homeless a ticket back to where they had family and people willing to help them if they wanted to go.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The VA used to be notorious for doing that with mentally ill veterans. Hawaii planned to give those homeless a ticket back to where they had family and people willing to help them if they wanted to go.

Yeah, I didn't really think the government was offering native Hawaiians tickets out of the state. OHA would go nuts!

This isn't new. Hawaii has also had a history of offering one way plane tickets to the mainland for mentally ill veterans. I know, I lived on Maui from mid 1970's to 2002, and I remember certain poor homeless veterans coming and going. You would see them around in their usual haunts, then they'd be gone and then in a couple years they were back again. I'm well aware of the mentally ill homeless veteran "merry go 'round."

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

My mother used to work at the VA psych ward. They had regulars that would show up during winter, then during spring they'd somehow get a ticket back, and be gone for months at a time. As soon as the weather turned colder again, they'd be back.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well...

My heart goes out to the native Hawaiians......why?

Do a google search 'histoy of the Hawaiian Palace'....

And you wounder why they call us 'haoles' !!!

At lest the native Americans get a reservation, pretty damm unfair to see this in their own island...!!!

edit on 5-7-2015 by Komodo because: k

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I remember reading about this at the time... The article in the OP is dated in 2013...

"
ROBERT JOHNSON

Aug. 2, 2013, 10:42 AM 589,016 32
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN
TWITTER

Read more: www.businessinsider.com..."

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

And you wounder why they call us 'haoles' !!!

Not if you know what the word means.

"White person, American, Englishman, Caucasian; American, English; formerly any foreigner; foreign, introduced, of foreign origin"

From the Pukui/Elbert Hawaiian dictionary. Referencing Malo

But yes, the overthrow of the monarchy was a very sordid affair. It should be fairly noted though, that the lives of the maka'ainana (commoners, in the Hawaiian feudal system) was not a basket of roses. The ali'i on the other hand...
edit on 7/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I'd like Alex Jones to contact me. You want a real story, sir. That Americans need to face up to.

www.businessinsider.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

OK, thanks.

I did want to keep it short and direct. But yes, I should have explained why I wanted Alex to contact me. The subject of this matter is great concern for the homeless there. You see, it's not all about govt. handouts, its about unity and how it can be broken and unauthorized in times like you've seen on the news print there.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I was just recently in Hawaii, and I'll tell you something--there is not better place to be homeless than Hawaii.

Maybe Alex Jones (a questionable character to pick if you want something handled professionally) would care more about the homeless in Cincinnati (near where I live) who endure winters in temps of sub-zero degrees sometimes, or summers of high-90-degree days with 90% humidity.

Homelessness sucks--it sucks bad--but if you need to be homeless (or choose to be, which is a reality, especially in places like that), Hawaii is not a bad place to endure that hardship.

top topics

join