It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tv tech help please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I need some assistance my friends.
Thursday i went out to buy a new tv, well i came home with two 65 inch 4k UHD curved tv's.
Both the same model. I want to connect them together side by side so they share the same picture. But i dont know where to start.
The link to the tvs is below incase anyone who knows how to help needs some specs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

www.samsung.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I can get you started .

Step one

Plug it in!

That ends my introverted expertise Good luck ! Lol

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If you mean you want both tvs to share one image, as in half each, then if you are connecting via laptop or pc, you just need to use the devices option from the right hand side toolbar and choose share then extend. Is that what you meant?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Could you link them together via an HDMI cable? I know little to nothing about newer televisions but I know that it works with connecting a laptop to a TV so I don't see why it wouldn't work with a TV. Unless, of course, the cable ends won't work that way.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You're going to have to manage the input through a computer if you want to manipulate and "drive" the images displayed.

HDMI input to your computer, then network out to a splitter to the 2 monitors.
edit on 4-7-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

(post by Rikku removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wow, tough crowd!

I don't know how to split the image between the TV's but it sounds like it would be an awesome gamer/movie set up.

*drool*

I wanna see pics!

(post by Rikku removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Ya thats pretty much what it will be used for. I got both tvs out and ready to mount side by side. The picture is amazing. I just finished a couple rounds of battlefield 4 on the xbox one. A 65 inch tv is good...130 inches of 4 k UHD will be superb!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So i will have to keep a my lap top connected to the tv?

Dang. I have 4 extra HDMI cords, never thought about a splitter though.
But yes i want half the image on one tv, and the other side on the other tv.
I figured just connecting both via hdmi would have sufficed but when i tried that, no deal.
The menus are gonna take some trial and error. I will goto dealer tomorrow, they have some tech savvy gents that will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you all for the help!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Whatever you do, you have to make the tvs stop thinking that they are individual units.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
When i was in best buy they had a couple tvs set up like how i mentioned. I will go there tomorrow and get what ever else i need to set it up.
Again thanks for the help gents.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Yeah, that makes sense.
Deal with it tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Again...as suggested...If you want a true 1/2 and 1/2...a computer, laptop, phone...use a hdmi cable to each...open 2 windows on the computer(source) and manage(size each one to half and half) and send the signal one to each.

2 windows, create half and half...send each to a sep. tv.

The computer will manage each half as a controller...that's one of the only ways I know of. And YES...the computer has to manage each 1/2 as your "source" or "tuner".

edit on 5-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
PS...yes you will need a splitter for the HDMI...and rich rock and movie stars and the generally rich have this setup in theirs and throughout their estates.

Been there, seen that...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So i went to best buy, talked to their tech, he showed me in the setup menu of my tv where to go to to enable 2 tvs sharing and image. i bought a hdmi splitter, hooked it to my xbox. After some tinkering around i got it working.
Now... My tv placement had become the issue. Because they are curved i need to get a different wall mount so the tvs will make a sort of semi circle.
So some rearranging of the living room is in order.
Gonna utilize a corner in the living room to get a really cool effect.
But what makes me bitter is i go back to work at 4 am tomorrow morning. so when i get bk to town on thurs afternoon i will be able (hopefully) get everything finished here.
Will post pics if any of you are interested in seeing some 130 inch UHD Battlefield 4 action!

Again thank you all very much for taking the time to help me out.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
i dont know how to do what you want but i have to chime in and say those curved tv's are the tits.

i just bought a 70 inch led and im already thirsting for a curved deal.

not much in the way of 4k content yet so i will wait

new topics

top topics

join